Netbuilder Reviews

Updated Sep 23, 2021

Found 88 of over 90 reviews

4.5
Netbuilder Director Daniel Gregg (no image)
Daniel Gregg
Pros
  • "Very generous in holding / orgainising social events(in 9 reviews)

• "Company paid for nights out at the local pub(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The training is unpaid but they make you very aware of this before you begin so it's just part of the job(in 10 reviews)

• "You must be geographically flexible thus may need to move around often(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent

Sep 23, 2021 - Digital Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a wide range of technologies

Cons

Sometimes it was difficult understand what management wants you to do

2. 5.0

Very Good Graduate Experience

Mar 23, 2021 - Graduate Software Engineer in Brighton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent quality of training for an appropriate length of time before being put onto challenging client projects. Training then continues while on the project, with responsibility increasing slowly over time.

Cons

Have not yet been able to move to Brighton

3. The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

6.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Netbuilder~672348
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0

Excellent Company

Mar 2, 2021 - Software Engineer in Brighton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- High-quality training paid for by the company - Friendly environment with helpful co-workers - Management seems down to earth - Constantly learning new things from co-workers and projects

Cons

- Sometimes it feels not very organised

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

BEST COMPANY

Feb 23, 2021 - QA Engineer in Brighton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Company is chill 2. They're really nice and helpful 3. Environment is good 4. All their employees are down to earth and really nice

Cons

I can't really think of any cons for this company. I guess, I didn't voice out my opinion that I wanted to be a dev but overall, they are amazing. Would love to work with them again.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunity for graduates to get their foot in the door

Feb 22, 2021 - Graduate Software Engineer in Brighton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- High-quality training paid for in full - Quick start with very little time between getting the job and actually starting, it was also a very quick interview process which was a nice change - Given opportunities early on to interact with a range of clients/given tips on how to communicate effectively - Given real responsibilities in projects rather than busywork

Cons

The main downsides are covid related such as reduced pay while working from home, this was clearly stated in the job offer and interviews so you know what you are getting into. The learning curve can be steep but good training and help from coworkers alleviates the majority of this.

7. 5.0

Great company for graduates

Feb 2, 2021 - Software Engineer in Brighton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good learning and working Environment Friendly Co-workers Engaging Work Company pays for you while training and invests in your progression

Cons

Working with varied clients can be initially challenging for some, but is a learning curve

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A good but challenging start

Feb 10, 2021 - Graduate Software Engineer in Milton Keynes, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work standards, even better that it seems to constantly be getting better, great mentorship from management, and a lot of opportunities to expand knowledge since your work requires multiple skills, even at graduate level

Cons

-Pay for graduates working from home may seem low to some

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Locked in for pretty harsh treatment

Jan 14, 2021 - Graduate Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Paid Training -Resources Given -Brighton is nice I guess

Cons

-Unrealistic expectations -Locked in for 1 year unless you want to pay them back for training -Not very clear about the structure and planning -Job title doesn't represent the work you actually do

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It all started off so well

Oct 16, 2019 - Delivery Team Member in Brighton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Had a fantastic feeling of comradery within the Delivery Centre, great communication and very strong leadership on-site. Solid processes and very clear plan of delivery from the project managers, with integrated support from testing and all developers - a real team spirit. Used to have lots of social events and Friday Meeting with Head of Delivery was always enjoyable.

Cons

Only had one customer. Lost that customer. We all lost our jobs. Either bad insight by senior management or poor sales but company crumbled beneath their feet.

2 people found this review helpful
    11. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

NETbuilder, a company of broken promises

Oct 17, 2019 - Software Developer in Brighton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get the cheapest perkbox package and a fair number of holidays. The people in the delivery centre are very friendly, often going to the pub for lunch on a Friday.

Cons

I was hired and had to assemble my workstation on my first day. I was then told to research a technology on my own for the next few weeks. I was given no formal training and was put on to a client facing role straight away. The company is archaic when it comes to employee benefits. No flexi time, no work from home policy, the cheapest band of Perkbox rewards and no bonuses. For a company that moved to trendy Brighton, it is very behind the times in this area. The company has absolutely no career development. No training is offered and no matter how hard you work, your hard work is not recognised. You are just another cog in the machine and you will feel like it. You will be underpaid for your role. You will not be paid overtime, no matter how necessary your work was. You will be given personal objectives tied to pay rises and promotions, you are expected to these in your own time as "you must be billing". I was always at 100% utilisation and never given anytime to work on my objectives during office hours. The sales department is an absolute farce with a complete inability to find new work. We were promised work holidays to France and Spain, both of which never happened. We were heavily pressured to pass an exam that required a minimum of 2 years’ experience. Of course, we were given no time at work to prepare for this exam. There is a massive disconnect between senior management and the work force. You can get glowing feedback from a partner or client and no positive feedback from the company at all. There is no sick pay unless you are off for more than 3 days at once, even then it’s statutory, if someone gets ill, they feel obligated to come into work, spreading the illness round the office like wildfire. This company expects everything and gives nothing in return.

1 person found this review helpful