Glassdoor Alert: Attempt to Inflate Reviews

We have evidence that someone has taken steps to artificially inflate the rating for this employer in violation of our Community Guidelines. We have addressed the issue. Please exercise your best judgment when evaluating this employer. Learn more about Glassdoor Alerts.

OutboundEngine Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2021

Found 263 of over 273 reviews

3.2
OutboundEngine CEO Marc Pickren
Marc Pickren
Pros
  • "A great place to learn and grow your career(in 13 reviews)

• "Commission structure is set to reward those who work hard, so are spiffs(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low work life balance and underpaid for skill set(in 20 reviews)

• "People who want a kush 9-5 sales job that come in here not believing that this is a true grind(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Don't do it

Jun 15, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a job that contributes to your rent. Oh, Bagels on every other Friday.

Cons

Horrible leadership. Tired product, and management that just keeps recycling folks that couldn't make it in the actual corporate world. Was a great place to work many years ago, now it is just turn and burn and what have you done for me lately. If you like occasional free food and a boiler-room sales environment, then this might be your place. If you respect your personal life, yourself, and your accomplishments, then it should be a hard no. There's is a reason to look at their BBB and Glassdoor ratings.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great Atmosphere

Jun 9, 2021 - Account Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The Customer Service side of OE is so Vibey and good energy with a huge emphasis on team effort and work synergy. -Great management that really works with you if you ask out. -you're recognized and acknowledged for going above and beyond, they notice.

Cons

-Low pay -Working with accounts can be tiring -Metrics focused , Up sales and saling in general huge emphasis -Low pay

3. 1.0

This Company is a joke

Jun 22, 2021 - Solutions Specialist in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

A couple of cool people work here.

Cons

This company rips off hard working Real Estate Agents and Insurance Agents. The product is crap and they're fully aware that it is. They make no improvements but hold people to contracts that are only verbally agreed upon signing up. They scam people out of money with fake analytics to get them to stay on and continue to pay them. Their culture is one that seems laid back but the minute you say something that might "offend" anyone be prepared to be fired with no notice. The management is ok, but very judgmental and if you don't hit your numbers you won't be there long. All in all I would stay far away from this company!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great People Here

Jan 14, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working here and have had a terrific experience with both coworkers and upper management. Upper management is hands on and invested in the experience that employees have at Outbound Engine, because they know that this will in turn impact the experience that clients have with our company. It is obvious that employees are working cohesively toward the common goal of helping clients and each other and helping the company grow. I can definitely see a positive future for this company and believe that the recent external climate has brought about a lot of positive internal change. I enjoy working from home and think that remote work opportunities will expand our company’s reach and our ability to grow, since employees don’t have to be physically in the office to work. The company is innovative and management thinks on their feet, so everyone is quick to adapt to change and we are able to make things work.

Cons

None! I've truly had a great experience here.

5. 1.0

Don’t do it.

Jun 22, 2021 - Marketing in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great location in downtown Austin. Snacks. Happy hours. Catered lunches.

Cons

Expect to be worked to death for below average pay. Managers don’t hear you when you address issues to them. Absolutely 0 opportunity for work life balance. No raise in 2+ years.

6. 1.0

TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT

Mar 1, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Easy entry into the world of phone sales/tech startup life -Can be fun to work at if accepted by the internal cliques -Stereotypical office perks(snacks, lunch sometimes, etc.)

Cons

NO WORK LIFE BALANCE WHATSOEVER... Type of company that will shame you if you leave at 5:30.. I've referred multiple people here after leaving and the experience they've shared with me is absolutely appalling.. being publicly shamed to work till 7:30/8:00 at night and for a sub par salary compensation. It's pathetic and the people responsible for this should be ashamed. This behavior drives talent away from the sales community it doesn't foster or build anyone up. Dont read the good reviews.. dont be fooled by the best place to work awards, its all driven internally to give the appearance of something this company is not.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Can Be Great

Apr 13, 2021 - Sales Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work there are awesome. You'll make many friends. Good commission if you make a sale Longterm benefits Managers will spend a lot of time with you if you request it to learn better tactics Encouraging environment Provide lunch on Friday's and great weekly snack selection

Cons

COVID-19 protocol isn't great You need to put a lot of overtime to get good pay off. Including coming in on Saturday's. Base salary is barely there, so if you don't have a great month you will be barely making any money. Need to make 80% of your quota to earn commission

8. 1.0

Get a job elsewhere

Apr 7, 2021 - Customer Success Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation allows you to pay your bills, and the customer service role gives you "some" experience.

Cons

-Heavy workload, very little pay -No work-life balance - Although they give you PTO, taking a day off is frowned upon and they will give you a ton of extra work when you get back -If you miss a day, expect to work through lunch (training/team meeting) and all your other breaks -If their phone system is down, they'll ask you to use your personal phone, which is not okay -Will stack calls during your break -Deal with a lot of angry customers -Sales team will do/say anything to lock a customer into a contract and make a buck, so you'll have to deal with angry customers who were lied to -Customer Success is severely understaffed.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Support and Collaboration

Jan 11, 2021 - Account Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’m very happy that OutboundEngine has given us the ability to work from home, and they have continued to provide support for working from home based on our feedback and our needs. Initially, I did have some concerns that communication was going to get complicated and we weren’t going to be able to run things as smoothly. However, those concerns were quickly alleviated once we adjusted to working remotely very quickly. Teams are dedicated to what they do, and we are able to do the exact same work from a different location. Very adaptable, dedicated people, and the company has a lot of potential.

Cons

I'd like to get back in the office full time soon.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Fast-paced, growing company

Apr 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced, awesome office, great culture

Cons

Lot of sales turnover, sales culture can be kind of bro-y

Viewing 1 - 10 of 263 Reviews