81% would recommend to a friend
(159 total reviews)
82% approve of CEO
Found 159 of over 166 reviews
Updated 18 May 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- 5.017 Oct 2022DevOps SysadminFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsMoscow, Moskva
Like a university - openminded, quick decisions, latest technologies, great people and culture
The salary could be bigger
- 4.022 Mar 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Very interesting projects on the cutting edge technologies
Became more bureaucratic after acquisition by Corel
- 4.021 May 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeRenton, WA
Employees are provided a high degree of autonomy in their jobs. Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home. You are trusted with managing your own work load in a manner that suits you. Still growing, so most positions are cross-functional and allow you to work on a broad range of projects. Seems to be a lot of opportunities for growth and promotion. Most staff are former Microsoft employees, so you are working with individuals who have a high degree of industry experience and knowledge.
There are disconnects between departments and it's hard to determine who does what.There seems to be a lack of ownership and sometimes you have to harass people for a response. Everything must go through executive management for approval, which creates a bottleneck effect and slows down the process for action items, particularly when quick turnaround is required. The travel and expense management definitely needs to be improved. Individuals are financially responsible for their own expenses until reimbursement (no corporate cards). Having to do POs for every expense/invoice is slow, tedious, and the AP department does not submit payments in a timely manner so you have angry vendors. Egencia does not provide pricing for half the flights or hotels it shows as available, so you have to go back a few times to check different pricing to stay within the travel policy.5
- 5.022 Jun 2021Cook/DishwasherFormer Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Good staff meal, great structure, fair wage, good environment
Late shifts, always busy, Winter
- 3.023 May 2013Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
- The company is unique in its market niche and provides valuable solutions. - The technical level of RnD is quite high, a lot of talented and highly educated people work there. Possibilities to get valuable experience. - It's not one of those "corpy corps" that treat employees like cogs. The attitude toward subordinates and peers is positive and humane (not talking about higher management here). Issues get resolved easily, hours are semi-flexible, in case of emergency there's an option to work from home. - The company is young enough to allow for career opportunities.
- Still lots of growing to do, organization and processes wise. - Employees are always loaded with tasks, sometimes working overtime is highly expected and there's lack of reward for all the hard work. No bonuses, just regular salary which is not above market. - Higher management is not interested in resolving long-term issues with working environment in RnD office, for instance issues with parking and air conditioning. - They try to promote company "options" as bonuses and are over-promising going IPO "soon" each year, but they never do. When asked, they turn it around and argue that all the company needs to finally go IPO is for employees to work harder.7
Parallels Reviews FAQs
Parallels has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 166 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Parallels to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
81% of Parallels employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Parallels 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.