Pathrise Reviews

Updated Dec 27, 2021

Found 26 of over 28 reviews

4.3
Pathrise CEO Kevin Wu (no image)
Kevin Wu
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sales Track Feedback

Dec 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome culture, perks, and people. Some growing pains due to being a startup.

Cons

Echoing similar concerns below as we are encouraged to be honest with students. Industry Mentors background checks are not done, so anyone can pretend they worked in SaaS. They say every Sales Mentor has at least 2-3 years experience in SaaS Sales. This is false. One of the Mentors presented in his workshop that "Utility Concierge" was a "tech company" he used to work at... it is not a "tech company", it is a utility services company (I know because I did some work there too, and this Mentor only worked there for 2 months).

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Industry Mentor Team - Not all in SaaS Sales

Dec 25, 2021 - Sales Track in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Reporting the below, please have HR or Legal look into this

Cons

Sales Mentors don't have even 2-3 years of SaaS Sales experience. At a Workshop, it was said Utility Concierge, former employer, is a “tech” company, that’s not true — it is a utility services company. Then revealed working in Insurance Sales, not Technology. Fellows are being misled. Pathrise does not do employment background checks on Sales Mentors.

3. 5.0

Excellent Community, Fast-Paced, Great Mission

Dec 1, 2021 - Career Mentor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Startup culture, so it feels like you’ve worked there for months within a weeks’ time. Constantly learning, growing, and supported in professional development initiatives, which is a huge plus. The company works really hard at implementing healthy conversations surrounding DEI and transparency. It’s a diverse community that all work together (integrated model) for our fellow’s success to get them incredible jobs. We are people that love the work we do so others can, too. Of course there are growing pains - every company will have them - and yet everyone pulls their weight for the success of the whole. For a remote company, Pathrise does an incredible job prioritizing and encouraging community and conversations between staff and leadership - both casual and business. Honestly, it’s one of the best places I’ve worked. Highly recommend!

Cons

You are definitely thrown into the work, so you need to learn and move quickly! You’re also highly supported in it, so the kinks work out relatively quickly. I’d also say that due to the quick growth, it’s a little disorganized with resources and flow. Always working to better those areas.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Supportive team environment & rewarding atmosphere

Nov 30, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Nampa, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, diverse and really enjoyable environment! I was first attracted to this position based on the perk of work-from-home, but the company values is what truly sold me. Working here now for several months I am able to see and confirm that these values are genuine and consistent. The people I get to work with are warm, funny, and enjoyable. The work we do is rewarding and fulfilling. Management has a genuine open door policy to discuss issues, ways to improve processes, and suggestions on how to make Pathrise a better work environment. There are monthly team building exercises and themes that provide support for mental health, diversity, and other challenging topics that are handled with care. Overall, I am super pleased working here and I would recommend this job to anyone who would like to be challenged, motivated and grow within a wonderful company!

Cons

There is a lot of work to get done and some may find the autonomy to be too much, but it is definitely something that I value. This is a start-up and there will be some manual processes, but the team encourages us to share ways to streamline these things.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, strong mission, fun people

Nov 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is amazing. It is constantly growing and adapting to reach its mission and is always putting the customer first. Furthermore, everyone is aligned around the shared mission so you are surrounded by passionate colleagues. There is constant room for growth, leadership is always open to suggestions, and they continually are working to make the culture even better such as by creating wellness initiatives and hosting lunches to discuss diversity-related issues that impact customers and staff alike.

Cons

No real cons at this company. You get out what you put in and if you are hard-working and dedicated, you have a lot to gain.

6. 5.0

Mission Driven

Nov 30, 2021 - Career Mentor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pathrise is definitely a mission driven company that is both passionate and 100% invested in supporting fellows. Their are several pros in working with Pathrise - deeply passionate folks - great team culture (supportive and positive team mates) - unlimited PTO - remote work is super convenient (we get an autonomous work schedule) - opportunities for growth and development - strong focus on wellness - the company is constantly evolving and developing new and improved processes

Cons

With all pros there are some double edge swords - passionate and mission driven work can sometimes make it difficult to find work-life balance - we are all deeply invested. - remote work can sometimes create siloed teams or few 1;1 opportunities with team mates (you have to be proactive to connect with others) - With start up culture, things move quickly and can create growing pains

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Strong community who cares about their fellows

Dec 13, 2021 - Career Mentor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pathrise is a community where support is strong. Folks who work at Pathrise go above and beyond to support the fellows and help them land a job.

Cons

Pathrise is a startup. Change in processes and working with ambiguity (these are also positive pieces of Pathrise but could sometimes be a challenge too) will be present.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing WFH opportunity & love the team

Dec 3, 2021 - Career Mentor
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The very best team you could ask for & leadership rocks - Fully remote job that pays very well (depending on where you live in the US) - The impact on clients is REAL & extremely rewarding

Cons

- When they figure out how to effectively support a consistent work/life balance for employees, Pathrise is 5 stars front to back

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Mission-Driven Company with Learning Curves, but Very Reliable & Passionate Team

Nov 29, 2021 - Career Mentor
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Supportive teammates - Mission-driven - Flexible and adaptable day-to-day - Emphasis on work-life balance - Fellow first mentality drives productivity - Honest and fruitful dialogue is always encouraged - Team comradery is strong at Pathrise - Leadership is open to ideas (but expect pushback, leading to an engaging debate that yields positive results) - Opportunity to work on things you are passionate about

Cons

You get out what you put in. You must be passionate about the mission to make the most of your experience at Pathrise. You must also understand that Pathrise, like any other young start-up, doesn't get everything right. It's important to be flexible and adaptable when working at Pathrise. It can be a really great environment if you put in what you want to get out.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Growing Pains

Nov 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced. Friendly coworkers. Good growth opportunities.

Cons

Work life balance is very tough. Many people are young and inexperienced. Upper management is not easy to communicate with.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews