Priceline.com Reviews

Updated Oct 21, 2021

Found 243 of over 261 reviews

4.0
Priceline.com CEO Brett Keller (no image)
Brett Keller
Pros
  • "Great work-life balance and cutting edge technology(in 44 reviews)

• "Additionally, Priceline has a Great Culture w/ excellent work life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Priceline prides itself on being lean, unfortunately this also extends to how it compensates its employees(in 15 reviews)

• "It’s nice that everyone is dedicated, but the work/life balance can get overwhelming at times(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Have been working at Priceline Mumbai for quite sometime now

Feb 19, 2021 - Analyst - Online Marketing in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Company Culture - Helpful Co-workers - Open and Transparent management - Quality Work - Great Perks

Cons

None noticeable as of now

4 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to post this review! It is wonderful to hear that your experience with us has been a positive one. Here’s to many more years of success, growth, and contributions… and the rewards that come with it.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

May 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed work. Work life balance.

Cons

Nothing as such. Can't come up with one.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for writing this review. We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience working at Priceline. We wish you continued success in your journey with us!

3. The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

6.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Priceline.com~9005
      Join the conversation on
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Immature management and worse work life balance

Oct 13, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good technology. Some of the enginner are great Good salary

Cons

No work life balance They don't care about your time, they will schedule meeting after meeting , don't care do you need time for dinner lunch or rest. In India they started one year back, they have immature manager. Answer of any problem from manager is " I'm also doing it so there no problem" Found them very arrogant. One of the problem with their offers , they add hypothetical amount as bonus in your CTC which makes offer very attractive, but truth is once you join and check the same in workday there will huge difference. There is no culture in india as they are new, so every team is working in different mode. Assignment of good work is depend of the who is close to the manager, doesn't matter where you are interested.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst place, you will feel like best place for 2 months than you will be removed without and given pressure

Oct 21, 2021 - Product Manager in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

For saying it's just f lexible but making people work like hell more than 13 hrs in Mumbai office

Cons

None only it enable people to get demotivate by themselves

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Testing profile is not good in this company

Aug 24, 2021 - Automation Engineer in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing

Cons

Testing profile is not good in this company, need to start all things from scratch, no proper stack, team is operating on all different tech stack which are not much valuable, they have their own created bot for automation & also company is far located in goregoan for which travelling is way difficult if you come by public travel. Too many meetings and no time to eat food sometimes, the meetings gets streched on night after 9,sometimes till 10-11, I would not recommend this company to qa automation engineer as to recommend to learn java , front end automation, rest api , company welcomes in very good maner but company is not so good

Chief People Officer

We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve, so we appreciate you taking the time to write out your feedback. It is our desire to innovate and continuously improve that led to creating our QA team in Mumbai - to build and evolve our testing capabilities. We looked for candidates that wanted to be a part of creating something new and value added to our business. It is disappointing to hear, therefore, that the content of the work was not appealing to you. At Priceline, we value work/life balance for our employees. It is critical for employees to have time to renew and recharge. Our work hours in Mumbai are communicated during both the interview and the offer process to ensure expectations are clear. Our core hours (11am - 8pm or noon - 9pm Mumbai time) are typical for many local companies with significant operations in the United States. The goal is to allow for some overlap between the two time zones. As with any role, overtime is sometimes required in order to meet business needs. It is certainly our goal to minimize overtime. We have been working remotely since the onset of the pandemic and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. The location of our office is clear at the time of the offer. It is our hope that you have found a company with the hours, location and work content that best suits your needs. Wishing you the best in all of your future endeavors!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So far so good!

Jul 14, 2021 - Anonymous in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have recently joined this organization, but it has fantastic onboarding process and perks! Being a travel company, traveling perks are usually more than most other organizations.

Cons

Mumbai being relatively new is growing rapidly, hence not every question might be answered immediately.. And you might need to figure out few things on your own 🙂 which could be fun for some but not so much for others.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and welcome to Priceline! We are happy to hear that you had a great onboarding experience, and greatly appreciate your excitement and patience as our Mumbai office continues to grow. We wish you continued success with us!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Jul 10, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great Culture 2. Good Technologies 3. 100% Employee Friendly 4. Will recommend everyone to come join Priceline. It is a great place to work,

Cons

1. For India office which is newly setup (2yrs old now). The management made changes to the policies and agreements which conflicts with the promises made to the employees before joining. The notice period in offer letter mentioned 1 month, but company changed it to 2 months claiming that company holds the right to do so, which did upset many employees.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write this thorough review. We are happy to hear that your experience with Priceline has been a positive one - we pride ourselves on our culture and people, so it is wonderful to hear you feel the same way. With regards to your concerns about the change in notice policy, we understand that this was upsetting to you. We found it necessary to change our notification period in order to be more competitive in the marketplace for talent. Most companies have a 60 or 90 day notification period in Mumbai. We found that we could not have such a large gap between the time an employee gives us to find their replacement and the time it takes for that replacement to join us. It is critical for the continuity of our business that roles do not remain vacant for long periods of time. It is our hope that you continue to enjoy working at Priceline and won’t have to be concerned with the notification period associated with a resignation. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to reach out directly to the People & Culture department.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Manager is Boss

May 24, 2021 - Data Director in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexi time, cost payscale, Cool Company to work

Cons

Don't miss with Boss. Boss is always right

Chief People Officer

We emphasize a very collaborative work environment. Our leaders are selected for and trained to create the best possible working environment where all employees can flourish. Our leaders overall are rated favorably for empowering their employees and inspiring them to learn and grow and contribute in new and meaningful ways, so this feedback is worrisome. As always, we’d encourage any employee having a challenge with their manager to bring their concerns to People and Culture for help and guidance. We’re grateful for the time you spent with us and the contributions you made during your tenure. We are hopeful that you’ve found a company, role and manager that are a better match for you. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Noc

Mar 16, 2021 - NOC Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team with lots of new technologies learning

Cons

Flexible Supporting team Latest technologies used Open to work and adapt Leaner always welcome

1 person found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. We are happy to hear that your experience with Priceline has been an overall positive one. We wish you continued success in your tenure with us!

11. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good work life balance

Mar 4, 2021 - Site Reliability Engineer in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance, competitive pay

Cons

Inexperienced leadership, bad decisions, no internal movements

Chief People Officer

Thank you for sharing this balanced feedback. Like most companies, we are a work in progress.If you haven’t already done so, please discuss creating an Individual Development Plan with your manager to kickstart your growth. This will ensure your skills continue to develop and are ready when new open roles become available. With an office that is growing quickly in Mumbai, there are many roles open today, and many more we plan to add. Regarding retention, we do keep a close eye on our retention rates and we are holding our own in what is currently a very tough market for talent. Some of our recent new benefits (like 12 week parental leave, offering health care for parents, etc.) are in direct response to feedback we’ve received on how to make our culture and company even tougher to leave .Thank you again for your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 243 Reviews