Qualys Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 29 January 2019

Qualys Chairman and CEO Philippe Courtot
Philippe Courtot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work-life balance for anyone" (in 12 reviews)

• "Good benefits and good people trying to make a living" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Struggle in maintaining work life balance" (in 8 reviews)

• "Inflexible working hours (8am to 5pm is the norm) & not allow to work from home" (in 7 reviews)

"Awesome Company to work with"

I have been working at Qualys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working environment and good facility

Cons

Lack of parking space but they pay travel allowance

"Portal QA, a nightmare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune

I have been working at Qualys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, good place. Nice people except for a bunch of fools. Good tech stack if working on newer products.

Cons

Portal QA. Sigh!!! Living in Raj times. Headed by the Monarch who will listen to none. Old customs. Old ways. Not ready to accept modern ways of working. Surrounded by the Knights of the Order. 'Protected' by the 'God' himself.

Advice to Management

If you are really listening, fire the Monarch. Trust me, you will save the company. Don't trust me, ask the people in closed door meetings as nobody will dare tell the truth in presence of the Knights of the Order. I wish the org change brings some sanity here, or I am leaving soon.

"Good product based company"

I worked at Qualys full-time

Pros

Good company to work for in security domain, Work from home available on need basis, compensation and stock options, central location, good colleagues

Cons

Quality of work depends on team, Inactive HR. No exit interviews. Only formal documentation with objective type questions. While joining they will do deep background verification and physical signing of to-be-employee on employment offer letter and loads of other physical documentation but they do not care when that person is leaving organization. They dont care to give hard-copy of experience letter also. They provide letter in scanned copy format that too after 2-3 weeks of last day. No inter-team mobility to learn new skills and progress as per career aspirations. Job rotation is hardly implemented.

Advice to Management

Take into account team members while setting deadlines.

"Good for fresh graduates"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune

I worked at Qualys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New technology
    New tools to explore
    Customer first approach
    Good pay

Cons

Employee engagement is missing
    Struggle in maintaining work life balance

"Senior software engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune

I have been working at Qualys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learning - get a chance to work on different technologies.
    Growing product company.
    Open culture.

Cons

Inactive HR people.
    Work from home is very limited.
    For Some managers your in/out time matters instead of your work.

"Welcome to the World of Mysery"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pune
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pune

I worked at Qualys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Apart from timely salary, stocks and travel allownces, i dont think there is any pros.

Cons

1. If you want to loose your motivation, self respect and Confidence, Qualys is the BEST EVER place to join. Welcome to Qualys.
    2. If you like to be treated as a "Slave" by your Manager. Welcome to Qulays.
    3. As per me our professional life has a drastic impact to our personal life too. So if you want to ruin your personal life Welcome to Qualys.
    4 If you like to be Micromanaged or RULED by your Manager and like to hear below comments for e.g.
            - What you did in last 2 hours.
            - I dont think you can do it.
            - I think you are WRONGLY HIRED.
            - You are not made for a Prod Based Firm.
            - Will wait if things go right id=f not FIRING will be the only option remaining.
            - I think you should change your profession.
            - You are not FIT for the role provided to you.
        - In your salary I can hire multiple Freshers…lol
    then Welcome to Qualys.
    5. For every silly mistakes if you are ready to hear above comments plus demotivation like you are not production ready developer etc, then AGAIN WELCOME TO QUALYS.

6. Due to legacy products company’s growth rate is good as of now. But in coming times it will NOT due to this type of environment, existing genuine employee will suffocate and leave the firm soon which will intern impact the company growth too.

Advice to Management

For managerial Hiring you must consider the following points.
    - Please check his background details like how many companies he switched and all and duration. And verify the true reasons.
    - If he/she is capable to build a good team?
    - if he/ she is capable to handling a team?
    - If he is having enough patience?
    These are some mandatory aspects every growing company must check.

"Thank you!!!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pune
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pune

I have been working at Qualys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would like to share a short story. This will make one understand what should be a relationship between Employer and Employee.

"I had an accident and was bed rest for over a month. My team handled my work. My manager handled my back. The HR team handled the Salary. And the Corporate Insurance handled my Hospitalization and LOP.

If a company is backing you in your odd days, I think no employee have a right to back out in the odd times / expectations of Employment."

One will always get another job but more important is that if this company has given you something at least respect that. If one have learned something from his/her manager then respect that. I have seen many bad reviews and felt that they are written by WEAK PEOPLE.

If one is not happy with his/her job or manager then one should open a shop and be self employed.

Yes there will be odd situations but its up to us to make them right. I'm not talking about buttering!!

I feel that in every bad situation we learn a lot and grow heights!

Cons

Not to say much as already most of the people have said enough.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all the help.

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Qualys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Work life balance
    2. Better technology exposure

Cons

1. Can't find anything as of now

"Check all negative reviews for Qualys Pune. Homegrown folks are planting fake stories.. Stay safe from this hell."

Current Employee - ServiceNow Integration Engineer in Pune
    Current Employee - ServiceNow Integration Engineer in Pune

I have been working at Qualys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Salary is on time. Finance department is good.
    2. Read (1) again. Nothing else

Cons

Best place for experienced professionals to screw their career big time.

Qualys is the best place to screw your career and lose motivation.

Qualys is NOT serious about a safe and inclusive workplace. Harassment or inappropriate conducts are not investigated. Few female employees went through derogatory comments by managers, yet nothing was done.Speaks a lot of its DNA.

Work environment
    1. Work environment is highly toxic than the Fukhushima disaster. Employees are treated in an extremely cheap and ugly manner. Experience was not that good wrt work culture, processes.
    2. Communication between different teams is worse and ego-based. There is always a simmering tension between people to get to the top. Expect cast based remarks , preferential treatment based on who you are.

Office facilities

1. Satisfactory premises and limited parking. Admin team is active.
    2. Food options in canteen are limited and rates are high. No subsidized rates.

Engineering

1. One of the main reasons why Qualys has a high attrition rates and low joining ratio is the engineering management. They have very poor communication and people management skills. It either one way or get lost type of leadership. Qualys hires smart people and tells them what to do ! As one grows in experience and seniority, one's heart should be larger and mind should not focus on individual faults. Engineering management will demean you based on your caste,religion and bombard you with personal mudslinging. They weaponise fear to rule you. Neither they are concerned with you. Expect work related arrogant emails/ messages as late as 11.30 pm or early as 6.30 am if you are are on sick leave.
    2. Work from home is only for managers. You cannot avail WFH even if you need to. Zero Flexibility.
    3. If you are expecting word class product work, refactor you imagination. Qualys is that place where a manager decide what to do, how to do, when to do. I have seen product releases delayed by an year due to short sightedness. Neither they know product roadmap nor aware of business pragmatism. Your boss will not listen to your ideas. You will be micromanaged. You have no freedom to choose the best solutions and methods. Your hard work and loyalty are not valued. Engineering management is pushing loyal employees to the point where they no longer care causing disloyalty, conflict and attrition Neither their is planning in work, nor your experience will be valued. You will be taught to write good code when the managers got promoted by writing bad incomplete code and licking their seniors !
    4. You can’t escalate any issue or problem as Godfathers are sitting in senior management. You will be abused by few managers together over caste and the HR shall take no action on it despite written complaint. The harassment committee has nothing to do with these incidents. They mean business and not moral value is last thing on their mind. Sweat shop for selfish means.
    5. 95 % of the engineering management is unprofessional , manner less. and immature. Cheap mentality in recruitment procedure. They want to hire rockstars. Little they know that the bad treatment of their team members is destroying their chances of getting good talent. Who would work with pathetic, non PMP certified management ? There is communication gap from top Management till all the layers across organization. The way projects are handled are at very nascent stages. Managers lack man management skills. Work culture has lots of issues. Shouting, screaming, harassment are essential part of their work culture.

Onsite/Technical/ Certifications

1. No onsite for hard working professionals. You might work as individual contributor for a longer period into Splunk, ServiceNow, QRadar, Jenkins, Internal tools, mentoring new members, documentation, interviewing, etc etc all that is required of you, wil never feel appreciated or value nor get any onsite. Only management always gets onsite opportunity by default and not by merit. They will expect you to rub nose before their feet.
    2. Even for certifications, you have to beg to management and end up getting nothing. Management dont promote support for certification programs. Management will not allow you communicate to upper management. Managers are very insecure about top talent existence in team and ridicule experience, contribution, ideas each time to sabotage people's career. Agreeing to manager is not the way forward indeed.
    3. Notice period is poorly managed by Qualys. Neither managers talk to you even once during the entire period, neither did have the ethics to ensure a smooth transition. It is left to you to hand over all work in a professional manner working until the very last day. Note that if you agree with your manager, you will be in good books but taking a right stand will be problematic for you.
    4. Management themselves gossip of how Qualys isnt the best place to be at and do the following to vent frustration derived at their homes.
    1. Interrupting others
    2. Making others feel small and treating them like dogs.
    3. Making others believe lies

Appraisal
    1. Dont expect good experience in Appraisal process. It gets over in 10 minute with a one sided discussion with below the belt talks trying to manipulate you for negative control.
     2. Work as hard and smart as you can, you wont get promotion or good hike and it is reserved for the "homegrowns". There are people with 10+ experience working as senior engineers and managers have 9+ years. Qualys is the undisputed RSS of Pune IT.

Firing

1. Firing is reserved to those who try to raise voice against the ill happening in Qualys. When people try to correct the setup with industry practices, that person is fired. HR associates, engineers are regularily fired for trivial reasons at the behest of senior leadership. Current HR too is a puppet. Not once will the the senior leadership talk to you on their own. Office culture consists of the following -
    1 . Not Empowered but bullied
    2. Have not been given tools and training to succeed
    3. Not trusted, supported
    4. Not respected and valued beyond the idea of "resource"

The junior whom you train gets promoted as Lead and you stay as Senior Engineer. This preferential treatment only happens at Qualys as managers are scared of some seniors overtaking their positions. Personal experience.

Verdict - There a no worse person than someone who doesn’t care about others. There are lot of such people in Qualys.
    Those who are looking for a professional environment with challenging assignments this is not a suitable choice. Life is beautiful. Dont enter this hell.

Advice to Management

1. India Engineering Management need to be taught on having technical vision - have clear picture in the first go. They shall not be allowed to burn people by constantly changing the requirements.
    2. Fire those India Engineering Management who absconded their previous companies and manipulated HR records.
    3. Encourage merit and not "homegrown" folks - Get real, get honest. Not a lot of collaboration among different teams and thrive on conflict. Managers enjoy the exalted status and slowly get used to it, have fatal attraction towards their subject and are comfortable discussing their domain and nothing else .As a result ,their interaction with the rest of the colleagues is a bare minimum.
    4. The employees need to blindly follow the leader without suggesting changes or ideas. Micro managing managers have turned the company into colonial England. Dictatorship and monopoly of chosen people is backed by us leadership.
    5. Duly respect employee time. There is no point in having a meeting with team members talking bad about someone who resigned from team. (It happened to me and reported by my team the same day). Managers need to have guts to talk straight and not play dirty politics. Teach managers on manage/train/motivate people.
    6. Please be open and stop listening to the small group of people around you who are just interested to protect their job.

10. "Balanced"

I have been working at Qualys full-time

Pros

Learning curve is good enough.

Cons

The one who works gets more work.
    The one who is lazy enjoys.

Advice to Management

Do not interfere in other teams.
    Appreciate hard workers.