Quark Software Reviews

Updated 27 Apr 2021

3.6
Quark Software CEO Martin Owen (no image)
Martin Owen
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Supportive place, work life balance is great & amazing learning opportunities and Good salary(in 18 reviews)

• "Healthy Work Environment supported with recreational activities(in 18 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Strong leadership"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chandigarh

I have been working at Quark Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong leadership , hands on managers , great products , trainings ,

Cons

Could use more help and more employees and leads

April 23, 2021Lead HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our leaders have been working hard and we are so happy to see that it is paying off. We appreciate your comments about our trainings as we feel it is so important for all our employees to know our solutions and products. Your feedback will be relayed to the proper department(s) and we hope you will growth within your own department soon. If you have any further suggestions please email me at arichter@quark.com.

2. COVID-19

"An exciting future ahead - Company with 40 years of innovation experience!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President Operations in Chandigarh

I have been working at Quark Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I believe Quark runs on strong business values, we always do the right thing, by our people & our customers. Sounds cliche but it's so true, family means everything to Chris, our CEO, and he would do anything for any one of the team, as would we all. This has been particularly appreciated throughout the pandemic where I feel the business couldn't have done more to help me. The leadership team is incredibly transparent about all aspects of the business, from financials to recruitment to growth strategies - an honesty that is refreshing and highly valued. Every day the team is working together to innovate and deliver more value to our clients, and making improvements for our own staff. - Lovely, friendly approachable co-workers from senior management down - Benefits like the Health Insurance, New Facility, Inhouse cafe & free parking to name a few - Constantly given opportunity to change the company for the better - Always looking for ways to help the employees in and out of work! - Constantly improving workplace Great benefits! We're on an exciting journey and to know that my contribution is helping move the organization in the right direction is incredibly rewarding.

Cons

Yes of course there are small things that sometimes make workdays a little harder but they would be the same in any company. I believe Quark could be great if there is more collaboration, engaging workforces, and adoption of new technologies.

April 7, 2021Lead HR

We are so happy to hear about all the things you love about Quark. We understand that the pandemic has been difficult on everyone and are glad that you felt as though we were able to provide you with the support you needed. We value your suggestions and your advice to management will be relayed to the proper department. If you would like to provide further feedback, please email me at arichter@quark.com.

"Fake and Paid Reviews | Arrogant CEO and Managers"

1.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mohali, Punjab, Punjab

I have been working at Quark Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

QuarkXpress desktop publishing software still have few good resources and it is still doing good business.

Cons

All financial benefits removed. No appraisal in 2020 with 20% deduction in pay. In 2021 they paid single digit Appraisals. Everybody is just trying to pacify the Stupid CEO's idiotic ideas. HR department is trash they don't have any idea about what is happening is company. Engineering Department have zero senior resources, 1-2 years experienced resources are senior most developers in Engineering . Most of the senior developers have left the company. A developer is asked to get certified in sales pitch and made to attended salesforces trainings. Interns are forced to put 5 star reviews on glassdoor else they wont get their certificates. Most of the recent 5 & 4 star reviews are fake. Without these it had a rating of 2.2 . No new business till Q1.

April 29, 2021Lead HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We do understand that it has been difficult for employees as we have implemented and established clear job description, titles, and performance reviews. Our annual merit increase and the increments are varying from individual to individual depending upon the performance ratings. Due to the pandemic, we initiated a pay cut from the top down in May 2020 and in Nov 2020 salaries were restored. At the same time, employees went from paying a part of medical insurance to Quark paying 100% Medical Insurance Coverage for employee, spouse, and children. We also provided opportunity for parental coverage. We also offer a Tax Benefit program for all India employee to Work from home. Training is required for all employees. It is important that everyone understands our solutions and products and how our customers utilize them. Your feedback will be shared and if you have any additional suggestions, please email me at arichter@quark.com.

4. "Great opportunity for freshers."

Current Employee - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in SAS Nagar

I have been working at Quark Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solutions provided by Quark are best. An opportunity to work with a great, helpful and enthusiastic team. You will get an opportunity to work for big customers of the world. Being a fresher a great opportunity to work with knowledgeable and 10+/15+ experienced team members.

Cons

Sometimes the pressure is high but it always turns to new learning. It's high time that higher authorities should concern about the resignation of the employees who are so much experienced and intelligent.

April 11, 2021Lead HR

Thank you for your feedback. We agree, Quark's solutions are the best and we have an amazing team. It is disappointing to hear that you feel we are not concerned about our employees. We know how experienced and talented they are and want to make them feel valued. Your feedback will be shared and if you have any additional concerns or suggestions please email me at arichter@quark.com.

5. "Exposure to latest technology for developers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Mohali, Punjab, Punjab

I have been working at Quark Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

The biggest pros is the location itself i.e. within the tricity. This place is great for software developers who want to learn and work on the latest technologies. Great products and big customers. It's a very good company and have a awesome atmosphere.

Cons

No praise for the developers effort.

April 12, 2021Lead HR

Thank you for your feedback. Quark is an amazing place because of our employees, customers and technology. We are disappointed to hear that you feel developers are not praised for their efforts. We pride ourselves on our culture and that includes making our employees feel valued. I will make sure your feedback is relayed to the proper department. If you have any further suggestions please email me at arichter@quark.com.

"This company can survive. Provided we get rid of a pimp."

2.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Quark Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Still has some talent left. Still has some life left. Still has people who think positive and have the capability to turn things around.

Cons

A pimp who convinced the management to relocate. Just to scavenge on commissions.

April 21, 2021Lead HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you noting that we have talented employees. We are aware that it can be hard to move offices but the decision to relocate was not made lightly and based on the input of our employees, safety and future. We hope once you get settled, you will be able to enjoy the new office and all it's amenities. If you have any further suggestions please email me at arichter@quark.com.

7. "Change is always GOOD"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chandigarh

I have been working at Quark Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is going under a transitional phase where the new team members have been added and I feel good to be a part of the company as we have challenging targets which really makes me feel good and adds knowledge & strength to my personality.

Cons

Nothing as of now, it is a good company to work with

April 7, 2021Lead HR

Thank you for your feedback. We value our employees and are glad that you feel challenged and enjoy being part of the Quark team.

"Fake Reviews | Arrogant CEO | Directionless Company | Hire and Fire Policy"

1.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Chandigarh

I worked at Quark Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will be busy doing all kinds of idiotic work to pacify CEO's ego :)

Cons

No matter what designation you are on, you will be reporting to CEO, Chris Hickey, You will get a call from him and he will ask you "show me what are you working on". He will scrap everything you are working on saying it's wrong. Its a vicious circle that all the work has to be approved by him and he never approves anything. You will be asked to copy everything from Joomag, Corel draw, Affinity, Adobe. Indian team gets the worse treatment. HR is useless. Their only job is to post fake reviews on Glassdoor and create useless trainings and assign it to everyone without thinking whether it is relevant to them or not. This company hires people from big companies and then fires them quickly. I have seen people getting fired after 2 months of joining. If you love your career, please dont join this company.

April 11, 2021Lead HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. It is expected that all employees are trained to know our solutions and products. As a company that is committed to continuous improvement, should you have any suggestions or feedback that would help us improve our training sessions, please email me at arichter@quark.com.

9. "One of the best out there"

Current Employee - Campus Intern in SAS Nagar
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Quark Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good and friendly environment with a lot to learn in vast no. of different fields, an excellent place to start or boost up your career.

Cons

No cons found as such

April 13, 2021Lead HR

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you have found the work environment a positive experience. At Quark, creating and maintaining an all-inclusive and collaborative work environment is our top priority. If you have any suggestions in the future, please email me at arichter@quark.com.

10. "Great place to work on latest technologies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in SAS Nagar

I have been working at Quark Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This place is great for software developers who want to learn and work on the latest technologies. Great products, big customers and probably the only company in India doing full stack development all based locally from here.

Cons

Challenging work, will require you to put extra effort many a times but there is a learning at every step.

April 11, 2021Lead HR

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Thank you for noticing that we have some of the best products and customers! We know at times things can get challenging, but we have some of the best employees who persevere and come out of each situation stronger. Should you have any future questions, concerns or comments please email me at arichter@quark.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 206 Reviews