Relias Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 20 March 2019

Relias CEO Jim Triandiflou
Jim Triandiflou

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits, opportunity for advancement, work/life balance" (in 10 reviews)

• "Great place to get your foot in the SaaS world" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay across the organization leads to low quality of work in some instances" (in 10 reviews)

• "Low pay, low employee morale and high turnover" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunities for growth and opportunity every day"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cary, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cary, NC (US)

I have been working at Relias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very fast paced! Fun, collaborative, and flexible working environment with a focus on core values. Smart people and encouraging senior management allow for creativity and data-driven problem-solving.

True focus on the needs of the customer and industry drives innovation and shape direction of the company.

Autonomy within teams to experiment and grow. Focus on learning, development, and growing talent is apparent from day one.

Cons

Teams could still use additional process and inter-departmental communications could be a little better, but that comes with hyper-growth organization.

Advice to Management

Continue to put your trust in your teams - there are tons of talented, passionate, and incredibly smart managers and individual contributors who go above and beyond to get things done!

"Great People, But Don't Drink the Kool-aid"

Former Employee - Product Manager
    Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at Relias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing co-workers; some of the best and brightest people I've ever worked with. Great benefits and good for working families. Busy, challenging, and opportunity for growth and movement.

Cons

Leadership (executive level) seems disconnected. Not enough vertical communication within the company - the company is so fast-growing that they often miss important connections that need to be made internally in order to be successful. The motto is "We build the airplane while we are flying it" - almost seems like a cop-out excuse for not taking the time to pause and have a real strategy. Recently laid of 45 individuals, was told it was an effort to "streamline" the company, but they got rid of many folks with tenure who were remote (and who were probably paid more). Very disappointing to see so much talent go.

Advice to Management

Over-communicate clarity. Be honest and transparent with decisions.

3. "great stepping stone company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Cary, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Cary, NC (US)

I worked at Relias full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great place to get your foot in the door and learn transferable skills.

Cons

pay is somewhat lower than other SAAS companies in the triangle.

Advice to Management

When bookings fall short or a company makes poor acquisitions, ultimately, the leadership owns the responsibility. Don't take it out on your employees.

"Hubris"

I have been working at Relias full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employees and great mission

Cons

The company is suffering from hubris. They have made some acquisition mistakes and poor implementations but will not admit it.

Advice to Management

Suck it up and tell the truth. You will go a long way to earning the trust of your people. As it is, you are living in a house of cards.

7 Mar 2019 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your post - there are some great points. The ELT does worry about hubris and complacency at Relias. History has shown many successful companies get arrogant, stop advancing, and "get... More

"Cold-Calling, Incompetent Management, Poor Pay. Don't do Sales here!!"

Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Cary, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Cary, NC (US)

I worked at Relias full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, laid back environment, nice people, casual dress code.

Cons

Don't let the job title "Regional Account Executive" fool you, the title should really be "cold calling desk jockey". When it comes to working in sales at Relias, ALL they care about it how many cold calls you make a day. They DO NOT even care about how many sales you make, literally just about calls. You will basically be a telemarketer. I remember when I was working at Relias I closed two deals in one day on the first day of the month, and instead of being congratulated, I was told"You're really behind on your calls, you better catch up". You could literally hit your quota every month but if you don't hit their ridiculous call metrics you will end up on the CEOs "list" of salespeople who didn't make their cold calls. Also- the sales managers get paid WAY MORE than the hardworking salespeople to DO NOTHING. They don't even sell. All the sales managers do all day is stand around talking with each other. They make no contribution to the company what-so-ever, yet they are getting chunks of your commission and making the big bucks!! Whatever you do, don't do sales here.

Advice to Management

Make the sales managers actually start doing work or don't give them some of our commission. STOP focusing on ONLY call metrics. You should care about CLOSING DEALS, not making your employees harass people over the phone.

"Great people at bottom & middle, Horrible leadership"

Current Employee - Worker Bee
    Current Employee - Worker Bee

I have been working at Relias full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some great people at Relias, the problem is they aren't in charge. I've worked at Relias for more than four years; back when it was a small, family-feel work environment. Relias has completely lost their way though.

Cons

Relias has always paid below market wages but made up for it with a great culture. But over the last year or two, that culture has become extremely cancerous. They recruit talent by promising them a fun, carefree culture with unlimited paid-time-off but in reality, it doesn't exist. If you request a lot of time off, you'll paint yourself. Worst of all, Relias use to truly have a heart for their mission: "of serving those that care for the most vulnerable members of society." Now, the only thing the executive team cares about is cutting costs (they've been laying off people in waves) while increasing profits. Do not believe for one second that the leadership team genuinely cares for their employees. It's all show

Advice to Management

Be who you proclaim to be.

7 Mar 2019 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. I've heard the comment on unlimited PTO a couple times now and this is concerning to me because our policy is "unlimited PTO." The qualifier is...you... More

""Not My Job" Culture with Lackluster Direction"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Cary, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Cary, NC (US)

I worked at Relias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Free healthcare for individuals under a specific salary
    -Good entry level job if you're looking to break into Healthcare Learning Management or the Research Triangle area
    -Brand New & Open Office Space
    -Work/Life Balance is appropriate

Cons

After acquiring multiple companies over the past years, the team at Relias has been unsuccessful in merging teams, cultures, and more importantly, product value-adds. With the constant pivoting of processes, tools, and ideas it is nearly impossible (and exhausting) to keep up with management’s new flavor of the week, quarter, or year.

Relias is chasing an insurmountable revenue goal for their future. Unfortunately the group at the helm is unable to drive or manage to those heights organically. Therefore in order to reach their future goal, Relias has been acquiring companies to boost revenue.

A primarily entry-level workforce gives Relias the opportunity to again bridge their sales revenue gap by (admittingly) underpaying their employees. When a questions is presented, it is almost impossible to get a straight answer. It feels like all employees are in the dark, including team managers.

I initially viewed Relias as a place to grow my sales management skills, network, and general healthcare industry knowledge. But the lackluster approach to training, coaching, and overall focus made it difficult.

Advice to Management

Zero regard for front line staff. Simply listening to the employees will go a long way, treat them like humans.

Cutting corners on staff (previous experience, development, salary) sets Relias back when they are competing with larger organizations in the healthcare learning management system space.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Relias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

St.Louis has a winner in their management team there. They genuinely care about their staff and what they need to succeed.

Cons

Management unfamiliar with acute care can be detached.

Advice to Management

keep investing in your talent and let them do great things.

7 Mar 2019 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your post, and I agree our St. Louis management team is awesome. We are continuing to invest in our talent and are all wishing for great things in 2019!

9. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Relias full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance at Relias

Cons

bad managers, specifically mid-level management

7 Mar 2019 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for posting your review. I've noted your con and we are going to be focused on mid-level management coaching in 2019.

10. "Great first job but low pay"

I have been working at Relias full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- used to be a lot but not much to look forward to here anymore

Cons

- culture is suffering
    - pay is below standard for software in the area. Relias is aware and seems ok paying their employees less.
    - lots of layoffs recently
    - budget issues: expected to do more with A LOT less

Advice to Management

- pay your people what they are worth
    - promote people based on their performance and give them a chance