Retrofit Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Retrofit Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2018

4.6
Retrofit CEO Mary Pigatti (no image)
Mary Pigatti
  1. "An amazing company with such heart."

I have been working at Retrofit

Pros

The passion for helping clients, and the focus and hard work to ensure our customers are also pleased. There is also lots of recognition of the staff which is appreciated!

Cons

I can’t really think of any cons but Glassdoor has a 20 word minimum so I need to fill this space.

Advice to Management

None

Retrofit2018-03-24

"Interviewed with the CEO"

I worked at Retrofit

Pros

not enough here to say something about.

Cons

startup environment, highly disorganized. CEO was very uneducated in technology but touted that she knew it all. understood very little. infrastructure was put together haphazardly. the lack of a knowledgeable technologist at the helm will hurt this company significantly.

Advice to Management

CEO is highly unprofessional and not seasoned enough. Can't lead if one doesn't understand the product well enough. oversold with promises.

Retrofit2017-10-24
  3. "A great place to work!"

I have been working at Retrofit full-time

Pros

Retrofit provides truly personalized and effective weight management and disease prevention solutions. And, is a company that genuinely cares about "employee happiness" and going above and beyond to help its clients. Love the summer hours too- shut down Fridays at 12:30 pm local time!

Cons

Lots of competition, but that's ok . . . Our suite of solutions rocks!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to us . . . we appreciate your time and support!

Retrofit2017-08-21

"Retrofit is a Unicorn!"

Current Employee - Operations in Remote, OR

I have been working at Retrofit full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have never worked for a company that is so committed to helping others. I feel blessed everyday that I get to work with such AMAZING (I mean truly amazing) people while serving others.... and most importantly have the flexibility to take care of my myself and my family.

Cons

I personally love the start up environment, but I know its not for everyone. It is very busy in a good way.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being wonderful leaders and mentors. You may not hear it everyday, but you are so appreciated.

Retrofit2017-08-04

"Has so much potential but not fully there yet"

Former Employee - Tech in Chicago, IL

I worked at Retrofit full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Working remotely is wonderful for work/life balance. - Most people are friendly and want the best for others. - The CEO genuinely cares about the employees and the product. - Treadmills in office. - Leadership and others promote healthy living. - The product has a positive impact on lives. - Focus is on innovation.

Cons

- There are some systemic issues with product strategy and development. They can't afford to stumble so often in this department if they intend to meet the company's high expectations. - Thinking about innovation is a really good thing, but there needs to be better balance between noodling dreams and creating product, given their resources. - Leadership feels a little too corporate under their startup costumes.... - Exec leaders seem to enter a situation with their opinion already set and no amount of talking or persuading helps direct them, despite their claim of being open. This comes off as a lack of trust in their employees. I questioned whether this was just my experience, but several colleagues who quit while I was there and after I left echoed this sentiment as well. - Exec leaders have a tendency to be condescending. There's a very "parents telling their kids what to do" aura about Retrofit, which leads to rigidity and lack of feeling respected. - All developers contracted from the same overseas agency create issues with efficiencies, communication, and healthy balance of opinions and experience. Using junior devs for these important projects under tight deadlines can be a fatal mistake. - Working remotely can be great, but you have to know how to do it. It can cause problems with efficiencies and true listening. - A LOT of talking and meetings, but nothing seems to stick. I had to repeat myself too often. - I spent over a year creating products/documentation/process that leadership hired me to create, but then ignored. I tried every which way to communicate it but they couldn't hear me. I feel leadership was holding back their employees because they were trying to control too much. - One of the company values is being candid, but its not lived. On some teams, it borders on walking on eggshells when there is any kind of challenge. - I think the company needs a more effective and less manipulative CTO, who communicates better and knows how to hire and lead.

Advice to Management

- Reset your tech expectations to meet your budget and your resources. "Startup" means pushing the envelope, not shoving too much in the envelope until it breaks. Don't make promises to investors or each other that aren't possible given the cards you have in your hand, because it will keep setting people up to fail. If you want to meet big technology/data/product goals, hire enough people and listen to them. You're... going to keep losing good people if you don't. - I respect your vision- so hopefully that vision, peppered with some learning from folks at the top will help bring the company where it needs to be.

Retrofit2017-01-07
  6. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Retrofit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, great people, great work environment. Employees care and respect each other. Good benefits. Inspiring Sr. Management. Provides opportunities for research and publication. Proactively seeks employee opinions/suggestions to improve work environment. Fully utilizes the remote work benefits. Highly engaged and inspiring Medical Advisory Board.

Cons

Lack of resources (i.e., head count) makes work challenging, though this is normal in any startup environment. Sometimes competing priorities can be challenging to meet deadlines.

Retrofit2016-10-27
  7. "Retrofit Company/Employee Review"

in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Retrofit

Pros

Incredibly friendly atmosphere, both in the office and via video conference (not everyone works in Chicago). All employees strive to do the best they can to help Retrofit become a top competitor within the diabetes prevention and healthcare field. It's admirable how dedicated everyone is to bettering Retrofit, but also how proud they are of the validity of their product. All of the employees (myself included)... believe in the power of Retrofit, and that's not something you find within a company often. One other unbelievably important thing to note is that Retrofit really does value company culture and employee happiness. If you see anything about the awards they've won online you might think that those mean nothing, but that is definitely false. Each week we're asked how satisfied we are anonymously, and we are given the option to comment on things that could be better (again, anonymously). We've even taken time to go over our strengths, how we can work together, and done activities outside of work together to make sure people know each other well and are comfortable. We have introverts and extroverts on the team and we all get along great.

Cons

Sometimes we talk through topics so extensively that we take up time we could be using to start/work on the project. Granted, I have not been part of the team for long, but from a semi-new perspective, it seems that we try to make sure we've addressed each topic/issue from every angle, but that can hold companies back if it happens too often. I don't think it happens now, but it could in the future once the company... grows.

Retrofit2016-08-10
  8. "In love with my job!"

Marketing and Sales Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Retrofit

Pros

I absolutely love working here and very honestly look forward to getting to the office in the morning. The culture in the office life is top tier; the principles, values, and mission of the company is something I wholeheartedly rally behind. I am in love with this job!

Cons

There are none. Honestly. I spent my summer working for Retrofit as a Marketing and Sales intern and didn't want to leave.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on! This company has so much potential and is growing so well and so quickly. I cannot wait to see what Retrofit has in store for us in the coming years.

Retrofit2016-08-10

"Retrofit is an amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Retrofit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture of happiness Uber smart people work here - no egos Strong culture & values - innovative, nimble, collaborative and customer focused Awesome clients, customers, partners and investors Solution that delivers customer value - obesity is the number one issue facing this nation We truly are transforming lives and workplaces

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I LOVE my job.

Retrofit2016-05-05

"Awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Retrofit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing team, great leadership team, clear vision and congruent execution. Innovation and creativity are key ingredients and it is fertile ground to grow and explore the future.

Cons

As a startup, many ups and downs related to funding. The investors community do not seem to understand the great pivot from b2c to b2b. This creates more stress.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus and do not lose touch with the mission of this company. Do not let setbacks get in the way of realizing this vision. Continue to grow organically and harness the strengths of the workforce.

Retrofit2016-05-05