Risinger Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 5 October 2018

2.5
Dean Hoffman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Class A Truck Driver"

Former Contractor - Contractor Truck Driver in Morton, IL (US)
    Former Contractor - Contractor Truck Driver in Morton, IL (US)

I worked at Risinger as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Small Company, Open communications with Dispatchers / Driver managers. New equipment is available.

Cons

They keep maintenance money, Paid approximately 18,000 ( @ 12 CPM X average 3000 miles ) into maintenance fund, paid out for 3 tires and 3 dry services and 3 wet services. Current law states that maintenance funds should be put into escrow account paying interest and returned to drivers after employment has ended. Wont pay bonuses due after working a 4 week notice. Earned $1000 bonus for being 5th from the top in miles driven safely via the Safety Bonus however after giving a 4 week notice I was told that the bonus would not be paid since I left before the date the bonus was to be paid even though I was there for the entire 3 months it was applied to. Risinger is leasing to own these truck to prospective drivers however the drivers have no say so over what is done to or for these trucks. No say so over brands of tires purchased or type or load rating etc. No say so over type of oil used or weather or not you want a dry service changed to a wet service. And as a Owner Operator leasing this truck to own I was told my lease was for 5 years and at the end of that term they would evaluate my trucks value and re lease the truck based of its value back to me. No set value. As far as benefits go, there are none. No medical. Pay is set at 1.11 CPM which is a far cry short of the current national average after ELD laws took effect. All of this is truth, call their recruiters and they will confirm.

Advice to Management

You are supposed to be Christian based, you should be above the world not in it. Pay what has been earned to each and every employee and contractor.

2. "Great Company!"

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor

I have been working at Risinger as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good relationship with my fleet manager, plenty of miles, plenty of money, get to spend time with my family, as long as you are willing to run you can make money here at Risinger. -- Charles Creel

Cons

- Communication could always improve

3. "NEPOTISM, NEPOTISM, NEPOTISM"

Former Employee - Freight Broker in Morton, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Freight Broker in Morton, IL (US)

I worked at Risinger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good hours, free breakfast and lunch occasionally

Cons

If you are not related to the OWNER, YOU will go NO WHERE FAST at this company. They specialize in hiring relatives in management positions that are extremely underqualified for the jobs they are given, and half the time don't even show up for work with one excuse after another

Advice to Management

Get new managers that are not relatives!

"Not all Lease Programs are bad..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Risinger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Driver's under the Lease Program can actually own the truck at the end of the lease. They do not try to sway you into getting into something new or different. Home time is prioritized if you communicate with your dispatcher. Office employees treat driver's like family. Consistent year-round miles & freight. All miles are paid as well as all tolls and scales.

Cons

No paid time off or health benefits.

5. "run dont walk from this company"

Former Employee - Owner Operator in Bloomington, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Owner Operator in Bloomington, IL (US)

I worked at Risinger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There was one nice dispatcher out of all of them

Cons

LIES petty company. They will trash u on your dac and any employee verfications they rec from your future employer they will violate employment laws they will try to portray u as a bad person I had no intention on SAYING anything unroll they just made shut up about me slander the worst I have ever experienced

Advice to Management

Grow up. Don't act like a vindictive imuture young adult

"Scammers Beware!"

I worked at Risinger full-time

Pros

There's no pro's what so ever, you've been warned..

Cons

You'd have to be crazy to put a truck on with Risinger..This company is the scum of the earth...Heavy loads, Very poor money, Very poor dispatch, they make you jump through impossible hoops to get paid for detention, constantly sending messages and cancelling loads, they expect you to run illegal, but after you do they write you up, and dock your pay, they charge you $500.00 if your late no matter if it wasn't your fault, they tell you it's all drop and hook, but most all return loads are broker loads, they use the PC miler zip code to zip code short mileage scam (expect 20% lost mileage)... I could go on and on...Don't even think about doing there lease purchase scam, it's a double lease, they lease from a leasing company and then lease to you...total scammers!!

"Don't do it"

Current Contractor - Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN (US)
    Current Contractor - Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I have been working at Risinger as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I could not find any. It's like truck rent a center.

Cons

Everything. You will go broke. All they care about is you making your truck payment and fuel. Does not mater to them if you make any money. Also when you leave they bash you on your DAC.

Advice to Management

Work with the drivers!!!!

"Lease Operator"

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Risinger (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good people
    -Consistent Freight
    -Decent Payrate
    -Dispatchers will work with you

Cons

-Home time
    -Truck selection
    -Truck equipment
    Other than these three things I really don't have much else to say.

Advice to Management

It's nice that the trucks have inverters and bunk heaters but anyone will tell you that not having an APU is gonna eat into your fuel mileage which, as a lease operator, is gonna hurt your bottom line. Also the company needs to look at expanding the types of trucks it offers as Lease Purchase vehicles. Not just Volvo 670s.