SageGlass Reviews

Updated 14 May 2021

Found 107 of over 134 reviews

4.5
SageGlass CEO Alan McLenaghan (no image)
Alan McLenaghan
Pros
  • "I have been lucky to work for SageGlass for 3(in 22 reviews)

• "The COVID-19 crisis is challenging for every employer, but SageGlass and Saint-Gobain are handling it very well(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "As a young company there are a lot of growing pains(in 10 reviews)

• "During my time, there seemed to be some lack of communication within management(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great product, poor business decisions

22 Apr 2021 - Team Leader in Faribault, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sageglass provides an outstanding product that really revolutionized the building materials industry. It really is a game-changer and saves thousands of dollars on heating and cooling loads. Team members are usually very nice and helpful.

Cons

Production: Middle and upper management has a big ego issue. They refuse to listen to their people and refuse to admit they don't understand something or were wrong about anything. Often times the logic of the decisions that are made are very costly. There is an alarming lack of understanding as to what actually happens on the plant floor.. They have their favorite people and treat others poorly. Sales: Very poor business decisions are made here. We cannot be pursuing small jobs with high numbers of shapes or line item to total IGU ratio. Our customers are well aware of this and take advantage of it. The sales team does not really understand our product, it's capabilities, or production requirements for special requests. These things are often experienced after it is too late. We need to start telling our customers "no". Overall, We've been in the game long enough now and have made our presence known. If we want to continue being the world leader in electrochromics we need to start acting like it.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review SAGE. I sense a high level of frustration and I‘m interested to hear more if you want to reach out. SAGE has worked hard throughout the pandemic to keep our team safe and securely employed, while continuing to grow. As you may know, SAGE has made a large training investment in our managers and we continue to do so. As a team member who has been with us for some time – you no doubt have experienced lots of change: change that was necessary for us to become (and remain) the leader in electro-chromics. With all change, communication and listening are the key to obtaining good results – so thank you for sharing that you don’t feel this is happening enough. I would welcome the opportunity to listen to your concerns and hear any suggestions you may have in relation to our sales & production management and the challenges they face to grow our business globally. Team Members like yourself, play an integral role in the daily operations therefore - I again offer to meet if you feel this would help.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Innovative and great culture

14 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Parental leave, innovative, exciting product, great leadership, modern facility, good career development, diversity

Cons

no significant cons besides location if you are from the Twin Cities

HR Manager

Thank you for your review! You called out some of our outstanding benefits and environment that set us apart from other employers. One positive for those working in the Southern suburbs is the easy commute against traffic and never a traffic jam in Faribault! JL

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

8 May 2021 - Sales in Faribault, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and well diversified, they care about their employees

Cons

Young company still growing and changing

HR Manager

Thank you for your review! Open & honest communication is a basic value, and our professional commitment is shared by all SAGE Team Members. We appreciate you taking the time to share comments! JL

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love where you work!

27 Jan 2021 - Director of Sales Operations in Faribault, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

SageGlass is by far the **BEST** company I have ever worked for. GREAT culture - people come first - they really do! Very good benefits. Team members are terrific. Work is challenging , i.e. it is never boring. Senior leadership team is smart, compassionate, and realistic.

Cons

Working for a large international company occasionally puts up roadblocks for getting things done quickly. But hey, we wouldn't be who we are without our parent company, Saint Gobain, which was just ranked one of the best 16 companies on the planet - again!!

Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

Thanks for reviewing your experience at SAGE. I really like your suggestion. We did something similar to that several years ago, but perhaps we can bring that back post COVID. Alan is busy CEO-Bombing Teams meetings these days. So if he drops into one of your virtual meetings - take advantage of the connection!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Innovative company with great benefits

9 Apr 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Faribault, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting work on cutting edge technology Outstanding benefits - vacation, medical, retirement all top notch Friendly team in all departments Good CEO

Cons

European management style can feel odd to an American.

HR Manager

Thank you for your review of SageGlass. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and a testament to our "People Come First" culture! Wishing you all the best.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

12 Feb 2021 - Process Engineer I in Faribault, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are great and personable! You feel like your opinion is heard no mater what level of experience you have here.

Cons

Lots of walking because it is a fairly large plant. This is great if you want to get some exercise!

Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

Thanks for your review. Yes, you can certainly get your daily steps in walking the plant. It's a built in wellness program - while you work! I'm glad you feel like your voice is heard. It certainly what we are driving for. Creating a new technology and staying well ahead of all of the lavishly funded Silicon Valley followers is difficult. We're doing it, but it takes the best of everyone. And that means leaders need to be great listeners!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Paternity Leave is Amazing!

9 Jul 2020 - Mechanical Designer in Faribault, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I want to give a big shout out to SageGlass and Saint-Gobain for the amazing paternity leave I just had! My wife had a very complicated emergency C-section and 2 weeks later had postpartum hemorrhage bleeding out on our bathroom floor. Scariest times of my life but never once had to worry about work or a paycheck. With the newly implemented 12 weeks of 100% pay paternity leave. This was a life saver to us. Everyone use to laugh when I told them how long I get off when our new daughter is born and now everyone is like "WOW" you really needed that and I wish I worked there. So from the deepest part of my heart I thank SageGlass and Saint-Gobain for this amazing and life saving benefit!

Cons

Only con I can think of is the hourly paid employee bonuses. I feel that being in the office setting on the hourly side the bonus system has mostly been about production and not the work I have been doing personally. BUT!!! just read an email the the hourly bonus system is going to be updated as of Q1 of 2021!!! Sage is always striving for continuous improvement and listens to its employee concerns.

Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback, and I am glad the family leave time proved to be valuable for you. Life has a way of upending our plans and leaving us scrambling to recover our balance. Glad all is well and Paid Family Leave helped you navigate the crisis well.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

HVM 3rd Shift - management cared about workers, decent production job

3 Dec 2020 - Production Operator in Faribault, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management cared about safety, workers, etc. Never had any problems with people. Pay was good, very generous benefits, very good for a factory job.

Cons

Upper level management seemed disorganized, couldn't retain 3rd shift people very long. Short staffed

2 people found this review helpful

Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

Thanks for taking the time to review SAGE. Sorry it felt we were disorganized to you, and sorry you couldn't stay with us to experience SAGE post-pandemic. We are in a season where we are making a lot of adjustments on the fly, so I can understand how that might feel disorganized. Our approach has been Keeping People Safe, while Keeping People working, and as things have evolved rapidly at times with COVID, we have had to make rapid changes in direction at times to keep people safe. As you note above, we have been able to accomplish that despite COVID, though it has caused the factory to be short staffed due to preventative quarantines at times.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sageglass is already in a place that many companies strive to be in

24 Apr 2020 - Purchasing in Faribault, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined SageGlass amidst a pandemic and I have been astounded by how supportive my team and management have been. They say it takes a village to create a stellar corporate culture and work environment. Well guess what- SageGlass IS that village! The best part about being a Sage Employee is that you are put first and your voice is heard. Always. The CEO and executives are approachable, available and committed to their mission of creating a game changing product and a warm and friendly work culture. Passion beams out of every employee I have interacted with. When you work for Sage, you wake up with purpose every single day. A lot of people might have concerns about the location. Faribault is a humble 46 miles from the MSP Airport and Rice county is a great place to live in. There is plenty of “Minnesota Nice” and more. I take pride in being part of this company and hope to see myself growing here in the long term.

Cons

I see no cons and have nothing but gratitude for this place

3 people found this review helpful

Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

Thank you for your kind words. You know, we have on-boarded a number of people during the COVID-19 crisis, and it is anything but a normal situation. I think it reflects well on you too- you have flexed with the difficulty and been part of making a very "non-standard" onboarding work. This Can-Do will serve you well in your career. Welcome to SAGE!

10. 2.0
      Former Employee

Not for me

10 Feb 2021 - Office Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

They encourage ping pong, naps, you don't have to account for sick time or any time away if you're salaried.

Cons

Leadership is lacking, no focus or direction. Dishonest

Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

I'm sorry SAGE was not the right fit for you. The context around naps, ping pong et al is that people here work really hard, and it can be very intense at times, so it is important for everyone to take time to care for themselves. Now, I think there are probably few naps at SAGE, but I HOPE there are some. It takes the best in everyone to be the leader in a new technology, and we have accomplished that. Leader in sales. Leader in technology. Leader in patents. That took both leadership and focus. If the dishonest comment is anything other than sour grapes, we take that seriously. Let me know your concern directly, or contact our hotline, because dishonesty is NOT okay - from anyone. :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 107 Reviews