Secure Meters Reviews

Updated 31 Jul 2020

3.8
Secure Meters Group CEO Suket Singhal
Suket Singhal
Pros
  • "Great and rewarding, work life balance(in 27 reviews)

• "Great and rewarding work life balance, work culture and supporting managers(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Best organization for growth and knowledge"

Current Employee - Production Manager in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Secure Meters full-time

Pros

Best friendly environment. Supportive staff. Excellent salary. Specific role and responsibilities. Good positive approach driven by Management.

Cons

I not found any cons or nagative point for organization.

"Horrible HR Department Needs Close Attention - Review Required"

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager, Human Resources in Udaipur, Rajasthan

I worked at Secure Meters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Top Management is a big Strength : The owners treat its employee as family

Cons

Strange to see that still people are not happy in HR department as comments i have read. Those days too Financial Year 2010-2011 any one who were technically sound the so called self created guardian of HR department feels unsecured in a company called secure and can without any reason use to bring them in small room and say please leave yourself or we will terminate you, some junior employees will be called ready to point out some silly things. Although there are people who joins Secure leaving their highly secured jobs with high rating in the interview process. but the already established HR staff treat so badly not only their own HR staff but also of other departments too badly. And often good HR professionals with sound technical knowledge which would have been strength to this company landed in searching a new job with hard heart.

"good"

I worked at Secure Meters full-time for more than a year

Pros

learning culture technical knowledge colleagues

Cons

worst management ,HR doesnt care about us losing a bunch of talents every year,corporate politics at its peak

4. "Mixed ratings"

Current Employee - Embedded Software Developer in Udaipur, Rajasthan

I have been working at Secure Meters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Product based company Few projects are really good which will enhance some ones skills as in my case, out of 3 projects, I felt 2 projects were good. Free snacks at evening R&D company is in Udaipur, which is plus point as less population, pollution, traffic. If someone getting offer in hand from Wipro, L&T technology services and Secure Meter, then go with Secure Meter.

Cons

Few projects are average which will scale down some ones skills. Some seniors managers are there from long years which doesnt know anything in embedded and still sitting at top. Sometime, IT peoples show that they are boss Resource management should be improvised.

Continue reading
  5. "great place to learn among innovations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Udaipur, Rajasthan

I have been working at Secure Meters full-time for less than a year

Pros

great place to grow technical and social skills

Cons

nothing like ideal, take challenges and grow through them

"No mans land for Experienced people joining this company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Product Designer in Udaipur, Rajasthan

I worked at Secure Meters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent work life balance Respect & love for its employees Local employment generator (Although it should be a global employment generator)

Cons

Excellent technology company; Excellent vision. Whats wrong then ..?? The corrupt employee, Specially local employees who made a strong china wall to restrict growth of any talented, Skilled person. A new person cannot perform because he is step by step beaten up by a strong group of local employee who will encourage you, only when you work in their lines of interest. They only work for 2 hrs a day and will not like you if you want to contribute more. Average gujrati & locals staying nearby stick like parasite to the company & ask them they have stayed more than a decade & have no plans other than retire in secure. Each year hundreds of fresher would be brought in and they succumb slowly to this old group.

7. "Amazing company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Udaipur, Rajasthan

I worked at Secure Meters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great and rewarding work life balance, work culture and supporting managers.

Cons

Limited opportunities to learn latest technologies.

8. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at Secure Meters full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Values, Transparent, Great place to learn

Cons

Udaipur Location predominantly though great location if one can settle

Continue reading

"No appreciation of talent | Good work environment | Middle Management is pathetic."

4.0
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Udaipur, Rajasthan

I worked at Secure Meters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

• Good work life balance. • Work environment is adequate and most of the employees are affable. • Extra curricular activities of MAST and OFFLINE keeps employees enlivened. (However, quality of these events has been degraded over the last couple of years). • Senior Management is extremely down to earth. • There are many experienced and technically sound people, who can help you with your technical queries. • They have a strong fundamentals regarding design and quality of products.

Cons

• Very limited opportunities to learn new technologies. • Filling your own appraisal feels like an additional hectic task each and every year. Which is very time consuming. • Canteen facility is not up to the mark and timings are limited. In addition to that, Kaladwas canteen is a nightmare for employees who does not bring their lunch from home. • New sitting arrangement is unsatisfactory and almost all employees are not happy with that. On the top of that they change employee's sitting arrangement frequently which make employees uncomfortable. • Middle Management (M3-M4) is not supportive at all. In meetings, they are more interested in snacks and tea than the agenda of meeting. • Work timing has a limited flexibility.

Secure Meters Response

March 16, 2020Chief - People, Services, Design and Commincations and Infrastructure

Hi, Thanks for the review. It is very objective and does show up some of our weaknesses as an organisation. We do have flexible working hours, but these have to be preselected at the start of every quarter and then remain strictly adhered to. I agree that the canteen is not the best in the world. We are doing some work on a regular basis to help fix this. It is very hard to cater to every taste. You are also right that we have been changing seating regularly, but that is for two reasons. We are undergoing extensive renovations (you also mention this 'new seating arrangements') and we now want people associated with a development project to sit and work together, we have created collaboration areas for this. Invariably as you finish one project and start another, there would be some change in seating. The improvement in quality of work and effectiveness has been incredible to watch! The appraisals are highly word drive, these do not have to be lengthly annual activities, but bitesize activities when milestones get completed. We have seen that people only start filling in the details in the last week of the deadline. If you don't do this, things can happen easily. The appraisal is an important tool that allows managers to give feedback to their team members, to help them grow. Thanks for the nice things you said about Secure. I hope you carry away great memories and have a wonderful career ahead. best regards Ananya Joint Managing Director

10. "Great company to work with"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Secure Meters full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Immense learning opportunities, wonderful culture and environment, forward looking and positive leadership, great team that cares for each other

Cons

The company has great culture and diverse business, there is nothing to report as cons

Secure Meters Response

May 14, 2020Chief - People, Services, Design and Commincations and Infrastructure

Hi, Thanks for the awesome review! We have so many colleagues who have worked with us for over 10 years! It is because of the fantastic culture you all foster and grow here. Thanks, be safe and take care Ananya JMD

Found 163 reviews