ShelfGenie Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

ShelfGenie Reviews

Updated 21 Sep 2019

3.3
ShelfGenie CEO P. Allan Young (no image)
P. Allan Young
  1. "Great Company to Work With!"

Current Employee - Designer

I have been working at ShelfGenie part-time for more than a year

Pros

In the franchise where I work, I can create whatever schedule I need to. There are no mandatory evenings or weekends although, sometimes it’s requested that we make ourselves more available during busy times. The training and support I’ve received has been just right. If I feel that I need more information it’s usually readily available and the company does hold an annual conference which is full of lots of valuable training. This is a company that likes to recognize achievement, success and growth.

Cons

This is a position that is paid on commission only and when the appointments are slow you cannot easily predict what your paycheck will be. Also there are no health or retirement benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you’re doing!

ShelfGenie2019-09-21
  2. "PROS and CONS"

Sales Representative in Palm Beach, FL

I worked at ShelfGenie for more than a year

Pros

FANTASTIC PRODUCT/ GREAT COMMISSIONS...wonderful time with the clients in their homes. They love the product. Nonpushy selling techniques. Great advertising. They set your appnts. WONDERFUL. I put lots of effort in because it was so wonderful.

Cons

My particular 'owner' locally(this is a national company and is franchised) wouldn't support me in my frustration when the installer was constantly rude (even yelling) to me. I was making them sale after sale, and I wasn't important enough for him to talk to his installer. He wanted me to. No way, I was brand new. Suggestion: Take of your sales staff and make sure all departments are professional to all the staff.

Advice to Management

Take of your sales staff, or they won't be making you money and sell somewhere else.

ShelfGenie2017-11-10

"Good starter company"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ShelfGenie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Optimistic environment upon entry. Friendly Team.

Cons

Fast turn rate. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Be more open to your employee's input . Input on company values often leads to segregation.

ShelfGenie2017-10-03
  4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ShelfGenie full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Growing company, great benefits, fun culture, awesome co-workers.

Cons

Some people don't like the constant changes. However, I love it we are always getting better. This place isn't for everyone. Only a special few:)

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I have seen even better changes in the last month. Can't wait to see what 2017 brings!

ShelfGenie2017-01-14

"Not established"

Former Employee - Non Given

I worked at ShelfGenie full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

WORKED TO HELP ACCOMPANY HOURS

Cons

Favoritism, turnover rate, lack of essential knowledge by employees

Advice to Management

Keep confidential matters confidential and stop ignoring employees unleaded you want or need from them.

ShelfGenie2017-01-20

"Not a great culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ShelfGenie full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Franchisees are very good people. Company seems to be financially sound. The corporate office hires good people who are very capable.

Cons

There is way too much turnover at the corporate office. The people who are there are very over-worked. No stability.

Advice to Management

You keep hiring good people, but you can't keep them. At some point, don't you have to admit that the problem is you, not the people you hire?

ShelfGenie2016-06-25
  7. "Great company with great results"

I have been working at ShelfGenie full-time

Pros

I have been with ShelfGenie over the past 2 years and have seen witnessed the transformation changes the executive team is instilling within the office and the franchise system. To get to where we need to be, we're always striving to find the right people with an entrepreneurial spirit. This also means the acceptance of change, creating innovative solutions and demand the best out of everyone to be bought into this culture.

Cons

Change as always is not for everyone and the demands may not always be receptive to everyone, hence natural turnover.

Advice to Management

The executive team embodies a great philosophy and needs to continue to find the right people to fill the right seats.

ShelfGenie2016-05-11

"Shelf Genie Designer of 4 years"

ShelfGenie Designer in Columbus, OH

I worked at ShelfGenie

Pros

I am a professional organizer and own my own business. Shelf Genie allowed me to fill in appointment gaps as I grew my business. I had the freedom to choose when I wanted to work and how much. There were many opportunities for me to create income for myself beyond the appointments that they scheduled for me. My organizing practice has matured and I simply need to focus on that.

Cons

The sales kit and computer bag can be very heavy to lug in and out of the car. I lived 40 minutes from Columbus, Ohio where many of our appointments are located so I did a lot of driving sometimes for one appointment or a team meeting.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed working for Mike Saunders of ShelfGenie of Columbus. He was always very fair in everything.

ShelfGenie2016-04-28

"Designer of Glideout Shelving"

Current Employee - Kitchen Designer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ShelfGenie part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love meeting people and helping them solve problems in their kitchen. I have a lot of flexibility in this position by controlling my own calendar. It is up to me as to my availibiity to work. Shelf Genie of Raleigh has been very fair to me. I did have to provide my own laptop computer but I had one anyway. They provide the printers we use. I have to work Home Shows some during the year but am always paid for my time. There are great incentives to sell more and receive bonuses. It is a great part time job for me as a mother of 4 children. The kids are growing up and I am able to work more now but i have been allowed to decide my work schedule. I could gain more opportunities if I self generated and I am planning to do more of that in the future.

Cons

This is a great job for me as I stated before but the income is not always consistent. Sometimes I have big months and sometimes I don't' but it works out well for me. Home Shows are a necessity but not my favorite thing to do.

Advice to Management

Communicate well and keep bringing in fresh ideas for the sales team. Continue to lead by being positive and understanding that this is a job with ups and downs as the opportunities are lots at some times and little at others.

ShelfGenie2016-04-30

"Designer"

Current Employee - Designer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at ShelfGenie part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The companies provides all of my leads and has great training. I get to set my own schedule and work area. The compensation is fantastic for the hours required. I love the impact that what I do has on our clients it is a very rewarding job.

Cons

I really cannot think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

ShelfGenie2016-04-29