Simpplr Reviews

Found 100 of over 103 reviews

4.4
Simpplr CEO Dhiraj Sharma
Dhiraj Sharma
Pros
  • "legit work/life balance options(in 24 reviews)

• "Simpplr is one of the best product company to work for(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some growing pains here and there but it’s expected in younger companies(in 3 reviews)

• "Other than that, there's no real cons in working at Simpplr(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Simpplr

Join the conversation on

Tech India

59.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Simpplr~1628815
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Organization to Work

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice organization to work with Appreciation & Recognition of work Amazing work culture Approachable management

Cons

Nothing that I can think of now

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Sinking Ship

Apr 10, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Benefits like internet/Telephone/Online courses reimbursement * Good Work life balance. * Some colleagues are great. * Have benefits of a small company.

Cons

Few issues I started feeling here now: 0) I joined here after going through the reviews here, but turns out to be untrue for the migration team. 1) Used to be great culture company, but now degrading day by day. 2) If you land in the migration team your work as a UI developer is nothing but just copying the code from the product which is already live. 3) You may learn a few things as a Back-end engineer but the chances are very low. You may be writing the Test cases or just writing the code as per instructions by Architects without having a minimal discussion on design. 4) The code quality is poor, your learning in that scope is very less or nothing. 5) The upper management is very unstable. Many Leaders left within months of joining. 6) The new leaders in India are micromanaging, and pushing to work beyond work hours 7) No product managers to felicitate the migration process or they hire them for US location, which leads to less productivity. 8) Most of the good developers who were in early stage of the migration project have left or are serving notice period, which is creating instability among others. 9) Frequent conflicts between contract team and migration team.

Continue reading
      8 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing workplace with great culture and rewarding experience

Mar 21, 2022 - Senior Test Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working here for almost a year now. > Culture is very good > Colleagues are friendly and supportive > Appreciation is given (monetary/non-monetary) > Work life balance

Cons

> Can work on their benefits (medical, cab facility etc)

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

All that glitters is not gold

Mar 15, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

1.Good work-life balance. Leave policy is great. 2.Good pay, if you can negotiate well. 3.Reimbursement for gym, books, bills etc. 4.Devops for the migrated product is amazing. Lot to learn from that.

Cons

1. Lots of over-engineering. Migrating an existing product with all the latest fad technologies from day one. Because of which, it's over 2yr and the product is still not shipped yet. 2. As an engineer your daily activity would involve copying code from existing project and pasting in the new one. 3. Terrible Attrition. On average 4+ engineers leaving from the past few quarters who were working on the migration project. 4. No accountability or ownership for deliverables. More of a blame game between the contract team and the current team thus slowing down the shipping cycle.

9 people found this review helpful

Simpplr Response

VP, Engineering

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback and we sincerely apologize that you faced certain challenges. While we pride ourselves on providing the best employee experience, we do understand that there are still some areas that we could improve on. Here are some of the initiatives that we have already implemented or are currently working on FX: 1. We have doubled down in our migration efforts and are pretty close to completing it in the next few months. This is the highest priority for business with strong focus from top leadership - everyone is fully committed to the effort. 2. Across all our teams, we have created better opportunities for knowledge sharing including regular tech talks, architectural discussions and cross team collaboration. 3. By further streamlining our processes and introducing OKRs, we are getting better at aligning everyone towards common organization goals. We are nowhere close to perfect and there is still a long journey ahead. We would appreciate any constructive feedback that you think may help us improve our employee experience.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Work Culture and Great Environment

Feb 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best Work Culture and Great Environment

Cons

Nothing negative as of now.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Would recommend everyone if someone wants a healthy, happy and cooperative environment to work in

Feb 3, 2022 - Software Tester in Gurgaon, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Amazing work culture 2. Everything is planned and nothing comes impromptu, thus agile is diligently followed. 3. You are heard . 4. Good pay 5. The organisation is very considerate about employees. 6. Seniors are more like buddies.

Cons

I don't see anything .

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best company to work for

Jan 12, 2022 - QA Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing team Flat Hierarchy Great Learning curve

Cons

Not seen any so far

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Employee Friendly Company

Dec 14, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee Friendly Company Feedback driven culture Positive people

Cons

Product team takes a long time to reply which hampers the work

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Dec 8, 2021 - Manager, Talent Acquisition in Gurgaon, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome culture, friendly people, strong tech teams. Always open to new ideas, employees friends policies, great work life balance.

Cons

Individual growth needs to be planned better.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Workplace

Nov 17, 2021 - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Perfect work-life balance, amazing place to learn and grow.

Cons

None as of now, all good

Viewing 1 - 10 of 100 Reviews

Simpplr Reviews FAQs

Simpplr has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 103 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Simpplr to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Simpplr employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Simpplr. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

86% of Simpplr employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Simpplr 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Simpplr Job Seekers