Softway Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Sep 29, 2019

4.0
Softway CEO Mohammad Anwar
Mohammad Anwar
Pros
  • "good work environment, if you are a fresher company will provide you good training(in 7 reviews)

• "Very friendly environment to work and more importantly, learn in(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "No one will let you struggle and if they can do anything to help you, they will(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

"Test engineer"

I worked at Softway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work. Plenty opportunities to explore. Fun place to work

Cons

Good company and there is nothing that I could actually state as a con about the company.

Softway2019-09-30

September 30, 2019HR associate

Thank you for your review!

"Best workplace if you love to learn, have fun and eat good food"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Softway full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Freedom to take initiative and even get support from all people - Fun people to work with, have discussions around GOT - Tech-Savy people to learn from or even have a good debate around any tech - Free breakfast and dinner - Flexible timings - Feel free to take work from home - Diverse opportunities if you want to explore other tech or some other domain

Cons

- Nothing is perfect but there is nothing too specific that crosses my mind so no cons as of now

Advice to Management

- Stay as humble and supportive as you are killing it!

Softway2019-09-27

September 30, 2019HR associate

Thank you for your review. We're always looking for areas we could improve, so if ever you come across any, we encourage you to start having those conversations with the necessary teams or leads.

"Awesome work place"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Softway full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Wonderful leaders - Supporting colleagues - Work-life balance - Flexible timing - Work from home option - Lot of events - Good laptops

Cons

Coffee machine works hardly

Softway2019-09-27

September 30, 2019HR associate

Thank you for reviewing Softway! Yes, the coffee machine has been acting funny. We're in talks with our vendor to having this inconvenience permanently sorted.

"The most human workplace in India!"

Current Employee - Mobile Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Softway full-time for less than a year

Pros

I absolutely love everything about this place! • There's no hierarchy. This is still pretty rare in an Indian workplace. • I get to learn whatever I want. This has been pretty cool, I've been working on AR, Flutter and IOT since the last few months. • I get to contribute to any part of the company, without having to go through a lot of people in the process for it, but at the same time, everyone is in the loop... of everything happening in the company. Transparency is key here. • The project managers and leads are super-friendly, and the work hours are flexible. This is something that's rare in India here, where I've seen managers abuse employees by making them work 10 to 12 hours in the office. You won't see that here. • That brings me to my next point: You are given a lot of trust right from day one. Everyone trusts you to do your job and no one questions you about how you get the job done, as long as you get the job done. • People here are super-friendly. Right from day one, the HR person who got in touch with me initially helped me with a lot of things, right from setting up meetings for me with everyone so that I could get to know them, to helping me with the xerox copy machine. • Work hours are truly flexible. I get the work done and go home on time.

Cons

There's no downside, that I can see. As far as I'm concerned, I'd say the only minor con is that they don't have a foosball table, but that can be fixed soon. :-)

Advice to Management

If I was running Glassdoor, I'd remove this section for this company, because there's no advice I'd give to management at Softway apart from: Keep things going as they are, you've been doing a great job so far!

Softway2019-09-20

September 21, 2019HR associate

Thank you for the review, encouragement and interesting piece of advice:) Agreed - foosball would be great and would complement the new swanky workspace thats underway. So in time, we shall ✌🏼

5. "Not a place for experienced people"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Softway full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fresher's can learn many technology

Cons

No value for experience Ask bond for years if we break 1lac has to be paid . While joining they collect a blank check

Advice to Management

Please give value for experienced people those who join in your organization

Softway2019-09-29

September 30, 2019HR associate

Thank you for your review. Glad to see Softway as a place of learning! To your point on experience, we've learnt a lot as a company over the last few years, and continue to do so. It's through this transformation, that we've been able to grow and retain our people. We have the joy of celebrating work anniversaries every Friday at our company-wide huddles and recently celebrated folks that have completed a decade -some almost there :) We have not had the agreement or 'bond ' since 10th July, 2017, after our realisation that it's the happy folks that bring their passions to the table and obligations did no good in making that happen.

6. "Good ..."

I worked at Softway full-time

Pros

Good learning and good work culture

Cons

No cons to mention..all good

Softway2019-07-17

September 21, 2019HR associate

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

"The Company Who cares for their People!!!"

Current Employee - Creative in Bangalore

I have been working at Softway full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Excellent, second-family level culture - CEO is a great inspiration for most of the employees, He is a great Human being and a genuine person, He is very straight forward in giving feedback, never encourage politics of any kind. I had been to USA office in 2016, And I saw him working 16 hours a day, the first person to come to the office and last person to leave the office. For me he is a great inspiration and... a true leader, he sacrificed a lot for Softway being an employee we don't understand, he deserve a lot more love and respect. I had visited his home when I was in US, he introduced me as his friend to others, He treated me so well I had never expected that, I can say he has impacted my life, lot of positive things in my life has happend just because of him, but he never expected anything in returns. He is the only CEO I have seen who asks for feedback about him from the employees. - Leadership Team is young and always ready to adopt changes. In my experience, you can give feedback anytime to anyone and you will see the changes. They all have the "golden heart". In the tough time when Softway's business was down in 2016 few of the leaders came up and did not take their pay raise and that says a lot about what Softway means for them. We breathe Softway!!! - Respected within it's niche - Transparent management team - Small team benefits: Voice is heard, I've never felt like a number - Challenging projects and Healthy competition - Competitive pay compared to other company - A truly incredible roster of talent - I think this is the only company where, if somebody is asked to leave due to their performance issues management pay them one month salary and ask them not to come to office so that they can search for job, and many times management helped them to find job. I will say people are so lucky to work for Softway where management thinks about their employees so much.

Cons

- Still a young company, so sometimes things change quickly or aren't fully thought out. However, management is quick to act when gaps are brought up by staff.

Advice to Management

There's not much to say - the struggles are understandable, organizational growing pains are to be expected. The culture here is incredible and management has been foundational in making this an exceptional place to work. Thank you for everything you do for the employees!

Softway2018-08-04

December 4, 2018Communications Director

Thank you for taking your time out to write a review. It’s true that we have a visionary leader who is inspiring and demonstrates true leadership skills. We believe in leading by example and we’re continually working on bettering ourselves and being the best employers out there. We also push our employees to give their best and be their best, because together we can do work that we’re proud of.

8. "Good to kick start with your career"

I have been working at Softway full-time

Pros

For a fresher it's a great opportunity to learn new technologies and explore. Friendly environment. Time flexibility. Always on the tip of the toe to help when stuck.

Cons

Need to improvise in terms of cafeteria and infra.

Softway2018-07-31

August 2, 2018HR associate

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are getting our office space revamped and hopefully should have these concerns addressed soon!

9. "A company that has a will to adopt and change"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Softway full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. The quote "Mistakes have the power to turn you into something better than you were before.” best suites Softway. It is trying in all possible ways to correct its past mistakes. 2. Employees are motivated to learn new things. 3. Good work culture.

Cons

1. Should improve the incentives.

Softway2018-07-25

December 4, 2018Communications Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are definitely a work in progress, but we’re headed in the right direction, by introducing many employee-friendly policies and keeping our focus on being the best workplace.

10. "Good place for technical growth but lacks professionalism."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Softway full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Opportunities to explore and learn the technologies you are interested in. 2. Good place to grow yourself technically, especially for freshers. 3. Some projects are being implemented in cutting edge technologies, good place to learn and enhance your skill set.

Cons

1. Majority of the people lack effective communication. 2. Too much flexibility has decreased the professionalism in employees. 3. A few people at higher designations are not deserving.

Advice to Management

Focus on improving the communication and professional skills of employees.

Softway2018-07-25

December 4, 2018Communications Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We want to attract the best talent out there and provide challenging work opportunities to grow our employees. We are also rolling out training programs for employees. We trust in our employees and give them the flexibility in work timings, while holding them accountable for their work. We do acknowledge the need for professionalism and will take steps to address it.

Found 97 reviews