Solution Design Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"#1 Company in the Twin Cities"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Golden Valley, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Golden Valley, MN (US)

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance is next to none. Always has created opportunity for growth. Clients love working with our consultants. Great success story. Always giving and helping in the community.

Cons

Company has so many events and gathering that it can be overwhelming if you try to make it to every event. I guess this creates different things for almost anyone's interest.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing. It's working.

2. "Top talent"

Current Employee - Consultant in Golden Valley, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Golden Valley, MN (US)

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't imagine a consulting company with a better culture and work/life balance than sdg. Our consultants are scattered across the metro, yet we find ways to connect and have fun.
    If you're looking to engage with other consultants, sdg is the place for you. A small sample of events our communities host: whiskey tasting, agile breakfast club, book club, brewmasters, poker night, sdg podcasts, etc.

sdg employs top talent consultants who never stop learning. There's nothing quite like asking for advice in Slack (work or personal) and receiving dozens of responses almost instantaneously from brilliant folks who are happy to help and share their experiences.

Cons

I will update if I find any

Advice to Management

Continue hiring folks who live sdg's core values. Our communities make sdg special, and that's due to hiring the right personalities. Talent alone isn't enough.

In other words, change nothing. Keep it up!

3. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

sdg consistently works towards three core values. They treat all employees with respect and are treated as valued members of the team. Educational opportunities are available to those interested and assisting the community is important.

Cons

There are many opportunities to be involved in different committees and/or social events, however, if you are not willing to attend events it may be hard to feel connected with sdg while at a placement.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "Consultant"

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time

Pros

Great culture, employee owned, and good pay/benefits

Cons

Haven’t found any as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

5. "There is not be a better place to work!"

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome people! Caring and trustworthy management.

Cons

If there are any, I haven't been able to identify them.

"The Thought Police"

I worked at Solution Design Group full-time

Pros

Nice after hours events and social activities.

Cons

The company name is a misnomer, there is very little design or solution involved, it is a pure staff augmentation company. When the client is not ready for you, the account managers expect you to twiddle your thumbs at an empty desk and generate revenue. This company is a continuation of the Born consulting hypocrisy. The corporate office has a great band called ‘The Thought Police’. Stop by and admire the HR department’s trophy for achieving the ‘Peter Principle’.

7. "Great"

Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company actually cares about its employees. Many great out-of-work activities. Bench pay removes job anxiety, although I've never actually needed it. Resource managers are involved with you after placement at a client.

Cons

Most employees are consultants, so if you want to stay in one place, this isn't it.

8. "I didn't know companies like this existed."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've never worked with such a great group of talented, hardworking, fun people. Frequent company events - baseball games, fun runs, brewing takeovers - foster an amazing sense camaraderie and belonging. Managements decisions are guided almost entirely by the companies core values. A perfect example of this was the founders transitioning the company to an ESOP instead of selling outright. They truly put the employees first.

Cons

It's consulting so you can/will end up at some challenging clients.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!!

9. "True to their Core Values"

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time

Pros

I have been with sdg a number of years. sdg continues to hire talented employees that align with their core values – customers, employees and the community. Everyone seems to be on the same page. You hear about the core values throughout the interview process, when onboarding, and throughout the year. sdg isn’t perfect but by striving to stay true to their core values, the egos and personal agendas that you see at many companies are kept to a minimum.

Hats off to the founders for selling the company to the employees. sdg is 100% employee-owned through an ESOP. No other local consulting firm has made this level of commitment to their employees.

sdg invests in the Resource Manager role. The role exists to help the consultant stay connected and be successful. Resource Managers have about 20 - 25 consultants on their staff.

I get asked why I stay at sdg. My answer is because I get to work with coworkers I like and respect. They are talented and they care about their clients, co-workers and the community.

Cons

If you don’t align with sdg’s core values, it isn’t the place for you.

Also, consulting isn’t for everyone. There are challenging clients and projects. sdg services the entire Twin Cities, so depending upon where you live you may have a less than desirable commute sometimes. You don't get to pick your assignments (although you have some input).

However, if you are looking to be a part of an organization and be a consultant, sdg is the place to be.

Advice to Management

Success can be a slippery slope. There are many good consultants in town for companies to work with and there are many good job opportunities where talented tech people can work at. Stay humble. Stay respectful. Stay trustworthy. Stay true to your core values.

"Don't be mislead."

Pros

You get free coffee while waiting for work.

Cons

No idea who voted for best place to work... i was never asked

Solution Design Group Response

2 Oct 2018 – Digital Marketing Lead

We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed in your experience here. One of our core values is exceptional employee experience and we strive towards that value every day. Regarding voting for Top... More