Solution Design Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Solution Design Group Reviews

Updated Dec 6, 2019

4.7
  1. "Gem of the Twin Cities tech market"

Current Employee - Consultant in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've been with sdg for almost 10 years. Previously I've worked many places: education, creative, freelance, non-profit, and corporate. As a consultant I've seen MANY different work environments. sdg is 100%, absolutely the best place I've ever worked. This company treats people the way they want to be treated; as people with technical interests, ambitions, families and outside interests. They hire people... who fit this profile. Smart, caring, interested in tech BUT also lots of other things. sdg employees are the smartest people I've ever worked with, and things seem to only improve. You get interesting assignments, great benefits (cabins, ESOP, Saints Games), and management that really care about you.

Cons

Consulting isn't for everyone. Check your ego at the door, get ready to be challenged in ways you wouldn't working as an FTE somewhere. Technical skills are only a part of what it takes to succeed in this field, but sdg will help you develop your "soft" skills if you are up for it.

Advice to Management

None. Keep up the good work.

Solution Design Group2019-12-06
  2. "sdg is the Tops!"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee ownership: You work with each other, not for someone. Senior level consultants and colleagues: Ample opportunity for learning in your practice. Investment in employees/consultants: Focus on keeping up with the latest changes in the industry. Thoughtful approach to growth. Partnership approach to clients: Both in choosing who to work with, and what the best value is for them. The sdg brand: The... consultants are the brand and they create a fun atmosphere to bring everyone together regularly!

Cons

As with all consultant companies, you go where the clients are and it's a pretty flat organization.

Solution Design Group2019-12-03
  3. "Great place to work, people at SDG make you feel valued"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You gain a good sense of belonging (which is hard to do for a consulting company) as a result of the fact that you are valued. Company functions, community outreach, resource management all make you feel like you are part of something truly special. Been here for almost 13 years and have really valued my experience. Looking forward to many more years.

Cons

Nothing to add for cons

Solution Design Group2019-04-30
  4. "The BEST work experience I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of pros about working at sdg! Everyone works hard to provide a great work experience and it shows. They have core values and try to always do what is right by them. We are also an ESOP and 100% owned by our employees and that means that everyone has a reason to do their best and give 200%. I've had a better work/life balance here and everyone seems to always be checking on me to see how I am doing,... in a good and caring way. We have a lot of cool events and things to do outside of working at the customers. The holiday parties are awesome! I also cannot wait to use the cabins this next year. Such a cool benefit that I get to share with family and friends. It's the small things too. I feel taken care of when they have meals at events after work, the technology benefit, and the citations. They are all little ways that I feel great even after having a difficult day. The work isn't always easy and it keeps me appropriately challenged. I know that if I ever need help a fellow employee is just a slack message away. The number one reason why I love this place is that I really enjoy all of the people that I work with. They are smart, they care about each other, and they support each other. It really is the BEST!

Cons

Not really a con. BUT - there are so many fun and cool things to be a part of that sometimes I feel overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

I'm being really picky here. While the ESOP is a great benefit, I would like to see the 401k match come back (even though I understand why we suspended it to start the ESOP). I would like to hear more business information at the company meetings and I would like to see them be a little more concise.

Solution Design Group2019-04-12
  5. "Top talent"

Current Employee - Consultant in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't imagine a consulting company with a better culture and work/life balance than sdg. Our consultants are scattered across the metro, yet we find ways to connect and have fun. If you're looking to engage with other consultants, sdg is the place for you. A small sample of events our communities host: whiskey tasting, agile breakfast club, book club, brewmasters, poker night, sdg podcasts, etc. sdg... employs top talent consultants who never stop learning. There's nothing quite like asking for advice in Slack (work or personal) and receiving dozens of responses almost instantaneously from brilliant folks who are happy to help and share their experiences.

Cons

I will update if I find any

Advice to Management

Continue hiring folks who live sdg's core values. Our communities make sdg special, and that's due to hiring the right personalities. Talent alone isn't enough. In other words, change nothing. Keep it up!

Solution Design Group2019-02-27
  6. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

sdg consistently works towards three core values. They treat all employees with respect and are treated as valued members of the team. Educational opportunities are available to those interested and assisting the community is important.

Cons

There are many opportunities to be involved in different committees and/or social events, however, if you are not willing to attend events it may be hard to feel connected with sdg while at a placement.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Solution Design Group2019-02-13
  7. "#1 Company in the Twin Cities"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work/Life balance is next to none. Always has created opportunity for growth. Clients love working with our consultants. Great success story. Always giving and helping in the community.

Cons

Company has so many events and gathering that it can be overwhelming if you try to make it to every event. I guess this creates different things for almost anyone's interest.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing. It's working.

Solution Design Group2019-01-02
  8. "Consultant"

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time

Pros

Great culture, employee owned, and good pay/benefits

Cons

Haven’t found any as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

Solution Design Group2018-12-07
  9. "There is not be a better place to work!"

I have been working at Solution Design Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Awesome people! Caring and trustworthy management.

Cons

If there are any, I haven't been able to identify them.

Solution Design Group2018-12-07

"The Thought Police"

I worked at Solution Design Group full-time

Pros

Nice after hours events and social activities.

Cons

The company name is a misnomer, there is very little design or solution involved, it is a pure staff augmentation company. When the client is not ready for you, the account managers expect you to twiddle your thumbs at an empty desk and generate revenue. This company is a continuation of the Born consulting hypocrisy. The corporate office has a great band called ‘The Thought Police’. Stop by and admire the HR... department’s trophy for achieving the ‘Peter Principle’.

Solution Design Group2019-01-03