Squiz Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Squiz Reviews

Updated Sep 17, 2019

Found 84 reviews

3.4
Squiz CEO John-Paul Syriatowicz (no image)
John-Paul Syriatowicz
Pros
  • "Full of really great people that are a pleasure to hang out with every day(in 9 reviews)

• "Flexible working arrangements, opportunities to do wat i want, and rewarded(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Great place to work- the people are fantastic"

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist

I worked at Squiz full-time

Pros

Great team, good for learning, great culture and fantastic work/life balance

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say. It truly was a great place to be.

Squiz2019-09-17
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Digital Strategy Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Squiz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Autonomy and challenges to solve in digital and new markets

Cons

Growth and the need to simplify hamper progress

Advice to Management

Stick to the 3 year plan it looks good to me.

Squiz2019-08-20
  3. "Squiz is pretty good"

Current Employee - BDM

I have been working at Squiz full-time

Pros

Fantastic people. Always focus on improving. Reinvigorating their offering

Cons

Limited markets. Not great brand awareness.

Squiz2019-07-17

"Unfulfilling"

Former Employee - Sales in Sydney

I worked at Squiz full-time

Pros

- Talented and supportive colleagues - Complimentary snacks & breakfast - CBD location - Flexible work environment - 30 days annual leave

Cons

- The core of the problems with the company all come down to it's key CMS product offering. It is not competitive or relevant in today's market. - Therefore sales and marketing are scrambling to try and find ways to stay relevant and sell the product. - Retention is low and new sales are poor. - No career development as the company is stagnant and HR is all but non existent - No mentorship from manager or... leadership team - Office environment is depressing. - No structured commission plan or individual targets for sales people (yet you have the high pressures of selling)

Advice to Management

You want to keep up with the industry and be a technology agency but are stuck in the past. Improve the product or scrap it and focus on services and partnering with other technology companies. There is a lack of transparency and the goal posts are forever changing - keep your employees better engaged and make them feel heard and acknowledged.

Squiz2019-07-19
  5. "Opportunities for career progression"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Squiz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home Bonus incentives 30 days annual leave Paid maternity leave Supportive team Attractive salary

Cons

Team based incentives rather than individual

Advice to Management

Take onboard feedback that is regularly provided in order to retain influential and highly sort after staff.

Squiz2019-06-26
  6. "Don't ! Just Don't !"

Former Employee - Front End Developer in Sydney

I worked at Squiz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Coffee machine and tea * People there very nice * Flexible working hours

Cons

* Low paid * Still using 5 years ago techs * No one care about the team growing

Advice to Management

Meeting , meeting and meeting ~ Never take action.

Squiz2019-07-07
  7. "Sales"

I worked at Squiz full-time

Pros

All in all I really enjoyed my time at Squiz and I look back on it fondly. I was allowed greater freedom than I have enjoyed in prior positions which allowed me to try new things and grow.

Cons

From the perspective of the sales team there is a lack of maturity in the marketing function of the business which makes it harder than in other companies when working in sales - but again from what I hear they are actively addressing this.

Squiz2019-02-24

"Listened to and allowed to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Squiz full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Over the number of years that I've worked at Squiz, I've been shown respect, allowed to work on great complex projects. Since starting, I've been able to move up through the company and I know that my views are always considered.

Cons

Communication could be better, but saying that they're always trying to fix this difficult problem. Although Squiz is a Global company, there is still a huge Australian influence.

Advice to Management

#OneSquiz

Squiz2018-10-25

"An agency time warp"

I worked at Squiz full-time

Pros

-Amazing people with a good working culture -Friday drinks, games, snacks etc -A decent MacbookPro -Decent travel availability if in the correct role. Offices in London, Edinburgh & Szczecin Standard agency things, most others have better benefits also.

Cons

-Management doesn't seem to know what they're doing -Career development -Tech stack is quickly becoming outdated and management seem to want to bleed the next 5-10 years out of it while they can. -People will claim that the projects are all different. Sure, they are. But most of them are cookie cutter websites with maybe one or two interesting features -Only a few select accounts with meaningful relationships... and complex systems -Timesheets -Intranet, please let it die -Last but definitely the worst - the pay. Jump to another agency and increase your salary by 10-20k instantly

Advice to Management

-Pick a path and stick with it -Invest in new-age systems

Squiz2018-09-29

"Squiz UK is awful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Squiz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some really nice people

Cons

Poor management with no people skills. No clear vision or strategy - change who they want to be as a company within in a week. Cliquey management team, with some being micro-managers. No investment in staff or technology. Inexperienced management who applaud themselves for below par projects. It seems acceptable to not do jobs properly as long as they get done. Squiz is trying to promote itself as a 'cool'... company which it really is not. Their social feeds show this. Tatty unloved office with broken air-con and old chairs. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make out that Friday beers and a ping-pong table is a great perk. It's now standard in most offices, especially in tech companies. Make more of an effort with your staff. Bring in managers who have managed people before.

Squiz2018-10-03