Summit Polymers Reviews
52% would recommend to a friend
(168 total reviews)
49% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and vacation time" (in 20 reviews)
- "If you want good pay and health care without a college degree and you don't get involved in drama you’re fine." (in 15 reviews)
- "Great people to work with" (in 15 reviews)
- "My coworkers were fantastic." (in 6 reviews)
- "If you are of the male gender, your opportunities for job advancement and compensation are actually quite good and you can expect much in the way of training." (in 3 reviews)
Found 168 of over 180 reviews
Updated 15 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.015 Nov 2023Machine OperatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearVicksburg, MI
If you want good pay and health care without a college degree and you don't get involved in drama you’re fine.
Basically, theres people who stay for years and years who HATE the place and everyone who works in it but NEVER LEAVE. They push out people who want to do a good job and grow there by making them hate coming to work with them. They realize nothing will change so they look for a better environment. The ones who stay forever know how to do good work but cut corners because, again, they hate it there and don’t care. They complain about everyone and everything throughout every shift. They know the correct way to do things but don’t do all of it because someone else will take care of it. So while most of the job gets done, a lot of things safety and house keeping wise just get ignored till months layer management gets involved. Just a very negative place.
- 2.03 Nov 2023Financial AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPortage, MI
Great people to work with.
Management was very flat. Pay was terrible, benefits were nothing to write home about. HR did the best they could to provide perks.
- 2.028 Sept 2023Manufacturing SupervisorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearVicksburg, MI
Easy work They did promote some people from within Paid time and a half for overtime, even for salary workers.
Pay new comers more than the people who have worked there for years. Poor work environment, people cussing each other out. Strange write up policy. You have to go through several different people to attempt to write someone up. Low staffed
- 5.020 Oct 2023Corporate Financial ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Domestic US and International accounting and finance exposure; Centralized accounting/shared services model; Focus on Continuous improvement; Lots of opportunity to leverage tax planning
Older but functional ERP and payroll system
- 2.016 Sept 2023AnomymousFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsKalamazoo, MI
- Competitive benefits - Decent PTO and sick time policy - Minimal overtime compared to other local manufacturers
I’d like to sum this review up in 13 words of a former colleague “Summit is a place you go if you want your soul to die.”
- 4.019 Sept 2023Financial CoordinatorFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Good schedule, easy work, tuition reimbursement, opportunities to advance, benefits, vacation time and PTO accrual was nice.
Raises capped at 5 years, management could be better
- 5.05 Sept 2023Project EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPortage, MI
It is a friendly environment with knowledgeable people willing to share; you will surely make it if you try.
It is a retirement resort
- 4.014 Sept 2023HR ManagerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsKalamazoo, MI
Growth opportunities, great customer ratings, great place to grow and develop
Some work/life balance issues at times
Summit Polymers Reviews FAQs
Summit Polymers has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 180 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at Summit Polymers to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
52% of Summit Polymers employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Summit Polymers 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.