Toneplus Animation Studios Reviews

Updated 3 Oct 2020

4.8
Toneplus Animation Studios President Bernard Edlington (no image)
Bernard Edlington
Pros
  • "As an employee of Tone Plus, growing creatively was easy(in 9 reviews)

• "I am loving the time I am having in this creative work environment(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, the minimum is 8 or 9 depending on your contract(in 8 reviews)

• "If you feel working in a fast-paced environment is not your thing, then you won't fit in this field(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Good so far!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Tokyo

I have been working at Toneplus Animation Studios full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many employers do not offer the flexibility and opportunities that I seek, which is why I was and continue to be so excited about the work that I perform here. I am employed as a VFX artist, I work remotely and cannot sing the company's praises enough. Not only have I learned a lot since being employed, but I feel like my voice really matters. Something that is not that common within this line of work.

Cons

Competitive environment otherwise I love everything here

2. "Great Pay"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Tokyo

Pros

I do consider the pay quite generous in comparison to some of my former employers. Do not get me wrong, they expect you to know your stuff and work hard but the company has a really good reputation in the digital world for a reason. I would definitely recommend those seeking a career within this industry to consider this company. It has been a great experience.

Cons

Competition is really high here

3. "There are good opportunities"

4.0
    Current Employee - 3D Animator in New York, NY

I have been working at Toneplus Animation Studios full-time

Pros

For me, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I get to work with some of the tech giants within the industry, I have a great work environment that allows me to be creative and the pay is great. I have been with this company roughly for six months and I do not anticipate changing employers anytime soon.

Cons

If possible do more party, I love party

4. "Love this job!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Animation Supervisor in Tokyo

I have been working at Toneplus Animation Studios full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoy the work that I do here and plan on staying with this company well into the future. They have been very supportive and I am impressed with how they conduct day-to-day business and how they reward employees for their hard work and dedication.

Cons

Can be overwhelming working for big clients

5. "Positive experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Tokyo

Pros

The work environment itself is a friendly atmosphere and those who work there were very inviting and helpful, always willing to answer any questions that I had. I really learned a lot. Unlike some of their competing companies, I feel as though there is room for advancement and growth.

Cons

You might work long hours

6. "Been here a long time, good so far!"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Tokyo

Pros

Great learning environment, fast-paced but ideal if you want to immerse yourself in modern, innovative, and groundbreaking animation techniques. There's always work to be done- you can be working in one project one day and be assigned to another the next day. Clients can get pretty demanding but team leaders know how to handle things. If you are struggling with a project, there's always someone willing to help. It's a great place to master your skills

Cons

This is a fast-paced environment so it's not for you if you're used to a chill, laid-back working arrangement.

7. "Comfortable work space"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Tokyo

Pros

Great working environment, especially if you want to build a good career foundation in animation. If you last long enough you can put in for a promotion, as long as you have the chops to show for it. This is a great environment for artists who are passionate about cutting edge animation technology. The company is always looking for creative and fresh ways to deliver content to clients. Even fresh employees are tapped for ideas. Communication with management is also open and straightforward.

Cons

Competition can be fierce but if you are willing to put in the work you're bound to get noticed.

8. "There are good opportunities"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Tokyo

Pros

Young, energetic, laid-back office atmosphere when everyone is not frantically running around trying to meet deadlines. It's a very creative environment and the company is open about idea-sharing and everyone pitching in for projects. Group meetings are always opportunities for lively discussions. Benefits are great and the checks come on time. It's only been a few months but I know I would love to keep working here for a few more years.

Cons

Fast-paced environment and heavy workloads that can take a toll on artists

9. "Awesome place to work at"

Current Employee - Animator in New York, NY

Pros

The office environment is friendly, employees have a sense of camaraderie and they're very welcoming to new hires. Training prior to full immersion is also helpful in getting our feet wet especially for those coming in straight from college. There's a vibe that promotes sharing, teamwork, cooperation. Everyone is encouraged to share input during group meetings, even the new guys.

Cons

There are many employees working on the same level and so many are brilliant so chances for a promotion a few years into the job can be slim.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service

Pros

Working for TonePlus was my first gig after university and although I worked there for a little less than a year, I probably learned more there than I did in my years in school. Animation is mentally-draining work and you will bring a lot of work home but it was a fast, creative workplace that demanded top-notch performance every time, great training for a newbie. I'm glad I was working with mentors who were interested in helping the new guys get the hang of things. I've never seen that level of teamwork in any of my subsequent jobs, which is kind of sad. Overall I feel lucky that I got to see that kind of dynamic in my first ever job.

Cons

Fast-paced and demanding, you may need to work long hours.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 English Reviews