Wodify Reviews

3.3
Wodify Founder and CEO Ameet Shah
Ameet Shah
Pros
Cons
  • "It's a fast-paced environment where you must achieve excellence goals in a short time(in 6 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is also a prevalent theme(in 5 reviews)

"Could be a game changer company."

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Wodify full-time

Pros

Good colleagues. Good offices. Good benefits.

Cons

Lack of management vision. Those in charge are not always honest and it creates an instability vibe around the office. The company culture is most of the time used against the employees to show some morality that is not real.

Continue reading

"What nightmares are made of"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free beer/wine/snacks. Casual work attire that could sometimes be mistaken for pajamas. Decent colleagues at the entry/associate level

Cons

If you're not best buds with the CEO, you are expendable regardless the amount of value you may bring to the organization. This company lacks any true direction and will turn its back on the hardest-working employees at the drop of a pin (this happened a couple times while I was there). Some employees act like they operate in the Wild West, making up their own rules and circumventing their own management if they don't get their way. Tough luck if you're not a "favorite" of the C-Level team, as they'll just dismiss you as difficult to deal with even if you bring up good ideas and valid concerns. The business never learns from their mistakes, especially around product development and product releases. On a handful of occasions, product/engineering would make a mistake during a roll-out and management would expect support and sales staff to work over the weekend to fix it. I'm all about chipping in, but this is something that would happen multiple times for the SAME reason. They try to paint a picture of how scrappy and entrepreneurial they are. It's all lip service and a "cooler" way to say they don't have any clue what they're doing and could be forced to fire half the staff in a week's notice. The workplace culture is TOXIC even though the org claims they've done so much work to improve it. They may have tried but certainly nothing stuck. There are a couple people there that aren't going anywhere anytime soon that will practically ensure Wodify will remain a quick cup of coffee along the journey of a talented individual's career path.

Continue reading

"Great people, challenging work."

Former Employee - Designer

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, challenging work, lots of benefits.

Cons

Lots of instability. We tried to build a company culture but for some reason it did not stick.

Continue reading

"The company's culture is just to look beautiful, but none of this is true."

Former Employee - Front End Developer

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good salary, good conditions, good co-workers, fantastic offices.

Cons

Initially the company seems like a dream of a place, with all the good conditions and spaces. She suffered a bad time and became obsessed with forcibly creating a culture and forcing employees to live it. Not all people felt good and some ended up leaving. Every day or almost all, they make you feel special, that you are part of the company but from one moment to the next they decided to dismiss everyone from an office for no apparent reason. They claimed that it was to avoid bankruptcy and were never transparent in that regard, they never previously warned of the company's situation. The great defect of this company is the strong intervention of the CEO who ends up interfering in everything and always making decisions and not trusting his employees.

"Run for your life, the CEO will make your life miserable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Wodify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great salary, cool office, great benefits. People who don't report to the CEO are very pleasant, talented people to work with.

Cons

The CEO will make your life at wodify a living hell. He likes to fire people on a whim, verbally goes off on people without warning, and worst of all he has unclear and changing expectations of everything from project goals to when people return from vacations. I have seen people fired for not returning mid-vacation for something that was far from an emergency, just to give you an example. If you don't trust my single review, I get it - read the previous reviews while ignoring the short, glowing reviews of the company with very little specifics all written with a day of each other. The CEO has demanded these fake reviews periodically from employees to artificially boost their numbers ... do your due diligence before joining this company and read through some of them.

Continue reading
  6. "Feedback about Wodify"

4.0

I worked at Wodify

Pros

I’ve worked at Wodify in the past, and it was an amazing experience that really allowed me to grow as a professional, make part of nice team, the office was very central, clean, and a pleasant place to work, with all the necessary tools available for the employees. I’m really thankful for the opportunity.

Cons

However, I was fired due to a restructuring in the company, what I completely understand, despite the fact that the restructuring wasn’t made in the best way, since the Marketing Team on PT Office has no importance for the business or the company's growth, systematically developing a dubious work with little added value for the team or company. What Wodify needed the most was a competent and vast team of capable engineers, not to maintain a doubtfully necessary Marketing Team that apparently only suits to waste company’s resources.

"Unstable environment and Disappointing!!"

Former Employee - Developer in Lisbon

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great group of colleagues; Salary isn't bad; Good team environment; Benefits are good; Relaxed dress code; Paid on time.

Cons

The job instability (you never know if tomorrow you will work there), you can't do anything wrong... Lack of focus from the management. We didn't had a HR. Too much gossip..

"Unstable environment"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lisbon

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary Good team environment Constant team bulding events

Cons

Job instability and lack of focus from management

"Falls short of being an ideal job"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lisbon

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* The office and job perks are great. * Above market salary (in Portugal). * Rewarding work - one person can make an impact. * Product has lots of potential. * Very friendly colleagues. * Impeccable on-boarding and off-boarding.

Cons

* Management is somewhat inexperienced, which leads to sometimes incoherent goals, incoherent decisions and lack of long term vision. * The company is chronically understaffed. * Shareholders are unwilling to accept investment, which means the vested shares employees get are meaningless and that the company is very vulnerable to its competitors that are getting large investments.

"Fast-paced, challenging, and great people"

5.0
    Current Employee - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Wodify full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing team of talented, passionate, and fun individuals who all genuinely care about our customers and doing meaningful work. - Opportunity to be part of a fast-paced company with a lot of opportunity to grow in the fit tech industry. Uniquely positioned as a bootstrapped SaaS company, able to make long-term strategic decisions and control our own destiny. - A product that users care about. Thousands of entrepreneurs around the world rely on Wodify to run their business, so you feel like you're working on something that has real impact. - Multi-culture team in US & Lisbon makes for a diverse team. - Offices are decked out and relaxed work hard, play hard environment.

Cons

- Relatively inexperienced exec team - Bootstrapped can mean less resources than competitors - Fast-paced + every team member having a lot of responsibility can mean long hours sometimes - We aren't allowed to bring dogs to the office YET!

Found 59 reviews