Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com
  www.lockheedmartin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

LM. Great Company to work for.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer Staff in Grand Prairie, TX (US)
Current Employee - Systems Engineer Staff in Grand Prairie, TX (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Small facilities in Grand Prairie, TX. Many opportunities to get in involved in different areas of system design. Benefits are very good. You get 3 weeks vacation plus 40Hr for medical leave, 401k plan with 50% match up to 4%. People are easy to work with.

Cons

Needs to bring more new programs into this facility.

None

2481 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Lockheed Martin is a good place to find stability and experience.

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Huntsville, AL (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

The 9/80 work week is great. It takes about two weeks to get used to, and then you wonder how you lived without it. They are very flexible with work hours (generally; depends on the project) and overtime is available and paid at 1.5 time (again, depends on the project). Medical/dental/vision benefits are great - BCBS. Positive future and stable business - hopefully in spite of the government administration changes and economy downturn.

Cons

As with any huge company, we are riddled with bureaucracy and process. We are working to achieve CMMI level 4 (currently a level 3), so we can expect more processes and more paperwork to slow the actual work. Performance ratings are meaningless. You really aren't rewarded for your good work, other than your manager patting you on the back. As long as you aren't dumb enough to get formal discipline, you'll get an average rating. If you work extra hours and do twice the required work, you'll get an average rating. So, it's a nice place to find stability regardless of effort.

You have to stop turning senior technical people into managers. Just because someone is technically skilled, it doesn't mean they can manage and lead people. We also need Senior Management to be advocates for engineers who sometimes fall prey to poor lower-middle managers and their policies. If you really do want to keep our contracts sold, you have to make sure that those leading them aren't asleep at the wheel.

Lockheed Martin, Boring but stable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owego, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owego, NY (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

- Stable Job
    - Technical work experience

Cons

- Boring Job
    - Your peers do not aspire to be much

Open Source Software is not your enemy. It is often better than the software provided by the incompetent vendors we often hire.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin