AGC Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

AGC Partners Interview Questions

Interviews at AGC Partners

2.8

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AGC Partners in October 2020.

Interview

After submitting the app, there's an online test of accounting/IB Technicals, then there is a cover letter/questions to be answered, finally a first round interview. First Round questions were pretty typical IB technical first round questions, nothing too extreme.

Interview Questions

• Typical IB Technicals, somewhat on the harder end but not too extreme   Answer Question

Interview

Two phone rounds, one super-day meeting 10+ people. You will talk with analyst all the way up to partners. Everyone has different interview process but it was generally pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Various behavioral and technical questions; some focus on tech space   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AGC Partners (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied through my University job site and had two phone interviews costing of fit and technical questions and then was offered the job. It took a while to schedule the interviews but it all worked in the end.

Interview Questions

• Why AGC?
      Why are you interested in IB and technology?
      Walk me through a DCF   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AGC Partners (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

AGC was not on top of things during the interview process. The process consisted of two phone interviews, an online IQ test, an online finance test, and a super day. For the phone interviews, the interviewers were either late or didn't even call. They really try to pressure you into accepting. Don't. There are huge red flags that should not be ignored.

Interview Questions

• First round phone interview: Walk me through your resume. Why IB. Why AGC. Walk me through a DCF. What sector do you follow the most. How would $10 of depreciation flow through the 3 financial statements. Difference between enterprise and equity value. If we were to give you an offer would you accept.
      Second round phone interview: Tell me about yourself. What are you looking for in an employer. Tell me about a recent deal AGC worked on.
      Online IQ test: Multiple choice. 15 minutes to complete as many of 50 questions as possible, with the intention of you not being able to finish it. It involves pattern recognition with shapes and some algebra.
      Finance test: Multiple choice. 60 minutes but it won't take the whole time. It involves things you learned in your finance classes and some questions about valuing tech companies that most people had no idea how to answer.
      Super day: Here you interview with mostly the partners, who are psychopaths. Mostly behavioral, but also some basic technical questions. Also some stuff about tech, like how to value tech companies that aren't profitable, the advantages of a SaaS business model.   2 Answers

AGC Partners Response

21 Oct 2020 – CEO

Our bad on the late or missed interviews. The banking team is flat out and obviously had a few misses here. That said, we made 9 offers and got 9 acceptances. We gave our summer intern analyst candidates a month to make a decision, so that they could check out other opportunities. With off cycle analyst hires, we typically do IQ / technical and Power point tests and 2-4 interviews. With these candidates, we are looking for individuals who have already done their searches and are ready to move quickly, so it’s a different situation and we’re looking for a quick decision. Hope that helps.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AGC Partners (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Horrible. After some back and forth with HR and a C-level employee, I scheduled an interview for the Executive Assistant to CEO role. I showed up for the interview, waited in the Reception area without being greeted for 20 minutes and was immediately told that another admin on the team "took the role" and that now I would be interviewing to be an Administrative Assistant for the Marketing team.

It didn't seem to phase HR that this was a huge waste of my time that that this information could have been relayed to me. To me, this shows that they don't respect their assistants or what they have to offer.

I sent an email to the C-level employee after to express my frustrations and was told that other candidates who were scheduled for later in the week were advised but they CHOSE not to tell me because of "timing" (as in, they would rather me come out, skip work, to tell me face-to-face than send a simple message because of the "unexpected promotion this morning").

Interview Questions

• We're not looking for an Executive Assistant for the CEO anymore. Would you be interested in hearing about becoming an Administrative Assistant to the marketing team?   1 Answer

Associate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AGC Partners in November 2018.

Interview

Brief phone call, lasted about 15 minute. Interviewer was very friendly. I applied for the job and they e-mailed me to set up a phone interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would allow you to excel in this position?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AGC Partners (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Not bad, two phone calls. One was with a first year analyst and another was with a senior analyst. Got an email saying I got the job offer about 2 weeks after the initial interview. Questions consisted of a lot of fit questions, but also some typical accounting and valuation questions as well.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone Interviews with a super day. Phone interviews were conducted with various members of the firm and super day interviews provided additional access to people at the firm. Most of the questions were fit questions with a few basic investment banking questions. It was a fairly standard process.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AGC Partners in February 2018.

Interview

Phone Interviews with various members of the team. It was a fairly typical investment banking summer analyst interview process. The first interview was a phone screen with a hiring employee followed by phone interviews with various members of the firm. They asked typical investment banking questions (both behavioral and technical).

Interview Questions

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with an analyst and one with an associate. Reached out to a recruiter who immediately got back to me about setting me up with an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in tech banking? Walk me through a DCF? Why do you think you would be good as an analyst?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.