ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ASDA Interview Questions

Interviews at ASDA

2.1

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Ipswich, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Lewis, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager cam forthwith into the room with a series of competency base questions and machinate questions on bakery techniques including the rise height of Hovis brown bread in the oven after 45 min with 2 ounces of yeast. Also to discuss the implications of rising fuel prices in Bwindi Uganda.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Stevenage, England (UK)).

Interview

Filled out the application online and got invited to an assessment day about a week later. The day comprised of a few group exercises and an individual interview. They asked the usual behavioural questions, such as "tell me a time you have delivered excellent customer service" etc.

Interview Questions

• When have you provided excellent customer service?   2 Answers

Graduate Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Applied via a form online at the start of December 2019, received an email at the end of January 2020 saying I wasn't successful in the process. Received an email in mid-February 2020 inviting me to a video interview (note - this was not an interview with a human, it was simply recording yourself answering some basic competency questions) and to complete a 3 hour programming/coding test - including 2 languages they said were just "desirable" rather than required. It's very unlikely that anyone at this stage will be competent in all 3 languages to the standard they are asking. It is now mid-March 2020 and I haven't heard anything back. I withdrew my application having received a job offer from elsewhere. Throughout the whole process, I have had absolutely no human contact.

Interview Questions

• Which of ASDA's 5 key values do you think is most important and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Contacting you by phone confirming the application and following conformation of the interview. Interview details send by email. Attending the interview and discussing the job. Explanation given about every aspect of the position applied for and then given the opportunity to ask if anything unclear. After passing the interview you are getting a confirmation if you are getting an offer or you haven't being successful on the interview.

Store Associate Interview

Interview

There was an online application form (extensive human resource style questions and background info) followed by an hour long phone interview followed up by an assessment centre day - full day with other candidates. On completion I waited 3 days for a telephone offer.

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bury St Edmunds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Bury St Edmunds, England (UK)).

Interview

A group of us were interviewed all at once. We had to sit in one room and were divided into teams. We then had lots of nonsense team "games" and "tasks" to participate in. If you passed this stage, you then moved on to an individual interview.

Finance Graduate Interview

Interview

Initial application form and online tests. The application form was simple and just required information about yourself, background and qualifications. The online tests included numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and situational judgement. I thought these were quite hard and I didn't succeed with my application.

Shop Floor Assistant - Chilled Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied on Asda's website and was invited to Asda Life Assessment Centre.

A very long and draining interview, would not recommend.

The whole event was very unorganised. They vaguely said to enter through 'the staff door', which turns out to be a door on the side of the building and not anywhere inside (after I spent about 10 mins inside looking for). The staff door itself was locked and no one would answer when I rang the bell. I had to wait until an actual employee was going into work so that they could open the door for me. It was a good thing I came early, otherwise I would have been very late.

But it turns out being late wouldn't have even mattered. Because when I was told to wait upstairs in the staff canteen, the interviewers ended up being HALF AN HOUR late. So it was just me and the others who were there for the group interview waiting awkwardly there, with the current staff on their lunch break casting us curious looks every so often.

But that wasn’t even the main problem.

The problem was that I knew I wouldn’t even get the job before the interview started.

Why?

Because everyone else there was black. All of the staff I had seen so far were black – only me and another candidate were the only white people there.

But I decided to give it my best anyway – at least I would get some interview practice, if anything.

The interviewers finally arrived and brought us down to a room so we could all introduce ourselves, being asked about things such as our favourite meals. They photocopied all our documents and ID, even though some of us might not even get the job. We were given a tour and then brought out onto the shop floor. We were asked to find things we liked, disliked and what could be changed about the shop. Then we were asked to go find a random customer and ask them for feedback about the shop. Some of the candidates didn’t come back until about 10 mins after the deadline, so we had to just linger around for ages.

Then we had to stack shelves for ages (to the point we were basically working for free), whilst a ‘covert’ staff member came up to us individually and asked where a particular product was.

Then at last, we were finally given one-to-one interviews. There was a big group of us and each interview lasted about 30 mins, so waiting took forever. The interviewers were friendly and asked typical questions like ‘Why Asda?’, ‘Do you have any other commitments and responsibilities?’, etc. They also explained how it doesn’t take long to climb the ranks.

Less than a week later I got an email saying I didn’t get the job. I had been told at the interview that I could ring up for feedback if I didn’t get the job. So I called and of course, everything was disorganised as usual. Everyone kept redirecting me everywhere and no one had apparently heard of the interviewers’ names. I tried again a few days later and it was the same nonsense. The email I received was a donotreply address too, so in the end, I just had to give up looking for feedback.

So were they purposely avoiding me? Probably. Can’t exactly give feedback saying ‘We don’t hire white people’. Of course, they may have had other reasons for not hiring me, but the whole thing’s very suspicious…

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.