Activision Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 30 Mar 2019

2.5

Sort:

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (El Segundo, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview was held at their El Segundo location on the 7th in their Pitfall conference room. I was interviewed by 3 managers all at once.They asked fairly normal questions and I did not feel intimidated they made sure you were comfortable. The only thing was during the course of the interview and even listed in the job description they did not state you would not be hired directly through the company, instead it's through a temp agency call Volt Information Sciences. It takes forever to get hired within the company. The wait time to receive the offer was about 3 weeks. I was laid off after 7 months due to "budgets cuts" all they did was change the job title from Outreach Specialist to Customer Service Representative. All in all it was fun while it was lasted but their management is terrible and they are a bit unorganized most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What's your favorite video game?
      Do you know any Activision titles?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

After applying online had a phone interview with HR which consisted of general questions about my work experience and interest in the position. After our conversation they indicated they would like me to come in and meet with 2 hiring managers. HR was great about giving background and preping for what the hiring managers were looking for.

I was scheduled to meet with 2 hiring managers - one 45 min interview, one 30 minute interview - and barely got 30 minutes total of their time. The first hiring manager showed up 20 minutes late, made no effort to ask me about my experience and was annoyed when I asked questions. The second hiring manager also showed up late, announced she had another meeting scheduled and was cutting our conversation to 15 minutes. They asked a few more questions, but seemed very preoccupied and uninterested in what I had to say.

I am not sure if the hiring decisions had been made in-between my initial conversation with HR and my interview or if I was a candidate HR pushed for, but hiring managers didn't have any interest in. My impression of the organization was they have been running extremely lean with more work than people to do it and has created a culture that is disorganized and chaotic.

I was relieved when I received an email from HR indicating they were pursuing other candidates. While the position itself was something I was very excited about, both the organization and hiring managers were extreme turnoffs to the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Multiple calls with a recruiter, mainly about visa issues. Then I had a skype call with 2 members of the team. After that I had to wait for a long time until a final decision was made.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Receive email to schedule talk, and then no news after the unofficial talk. But its engineering blog and github repo are good to read. I have no idea of the whole process and there are such few information online.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of interviews with a manager and then a recruiter. The manager asked thoughtful questions and really put a good face on the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time in business where you think your judgment was challenged?   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Activision (Boulder, CO (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

A member of my school's student employment office sent in my resume. I was contacted by email by an employee in my town, which led to a phone screen which was a nice call. This led to a lunch to see how well I meshed with the team (I believe) immediately followed by a technical interview. The technical interview wasn't a traditional whiteboard interview and had few tough technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you relate two databases, one of a game's players, and one of the game's matches?   1 Answer

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

was not prepared was not thought out at all same questions all over the places from every one of them and many irreverent questions. especially from recruiter's insight about job that I was applying, SHe/he had no idea what kind of qualification this job required to have.

Interview Questions

• what kind of games or game you have or currently are playing for past 4 months in terms of 3rd person shooter and massive multi player online game   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone call from their hiring manager-easy call, she was very friendly. it was with two different people sometimes. Both of them were kind and overall it was a relaxing experience and questions were not anything too in depth.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I talked to a variety of institutional members, including game developers, software engineers, and HR. Liked the atmosphere and vibe of the company, and I could see why so many people work long term there

Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in June 2009.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with two different people in the Recruiting Department. These were thorough and intense. Once I cleared these, last hurdle before the face-to-face interview was a phone interview with the CMO.

He rescheduled 3 different times including two times that were immediately before the scheduled start time. Once we finally connected, he was on his cell phone driving and he was distracted. He was friendly, but not a good listener. He cut the interview short, said he had an emergency. However, he said he really liked what he was hearing and definitely wanted to continue the conversation ASAP. He said his assistant would be in touch immediately.

She never called and when I followed up, I got a call back from the original recruiter. She gave a very canned "thanks, but no thanks" sorry charlie.

It was frustrating because they originally came to me, I was not even looking and they ultimately used up a lot of my time. Maybe the way they treated me is indicative of their culture so its best I never made it all the way.

The silver lining was I did get some good interview practice, plus a little glimpse into how not to treat people when I am hiring.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were asked to do something unethical or illegal by your boss.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.