Activision Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Activision

2.5

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Eden Prairie, MN (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Two 20 minute interviews, phone and Zoom, where they asked questions about my work history and on relevant skills that would be applicable for QA. They also described the position and of the expectations they had for all employees.

Interview Questions

• Please describe which skills you applied in your previous jobs that would be useful for QA.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision.

Interview

Two 30 mins 1:1 sessions. First session ask some general questions about the resume, then the second one ask some specific questions about tools programmer. Especially about user data collection. Then interviewers can answer the questions you ask.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Activision.

Interview

A recruiter found me on an university recruiting platform and offered me an interview. I had a 1-hour interview with two interviewers, one technical and on behavioral. The next day, I was asked to apply to positions of interest so that specific teams could contact me and give me a final interview. I received a short phone interview with High Moon Studios, and was notified two weeks later that they had moved on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How do you find the shortest distance from a vector to another vector in 3D space?   Answer Question
    • What are the benefits of using pointers in C? For example, how are pointers used in linked lists?   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (El Segundo, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour at their El Segundo location. The lead i met with who was conducting the interview asked a series of questions, some which were hands on. He fully portrayed what a typical work day is like and what the expected hours could consist of.

Interview Questions

• There was an Xbox controller on the table, he asked me to take a look at the controller and create a checklist of things to inspect to ensure it is ready for the public release.   1 Answer

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was easy and straightforward, this was my second time applying and interviewing. I spoke with a couple of team members over the phone and told them about myself and one of my projects, and I got a call from the recruiter a couple of weeks later. The position I was applying for would start the following Summer. When the pandemic began, I wasn't sure what the status of my position was going to be but I was fortunate to hear that we were still moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about one of your projects?   1 Answer

QA Functional Tester Interview

Interview

They want to know your background, past experiences in details. How do they help with the job you applied. They described about the job, what you have to do everyday, and see if you have any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your internship experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Activision (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

On-campus interview. 2 interviewers, back-to-back, each 30 mins. One interviewer focus on resume and project experiences. The other focus on specific problem.
    Phone interview after a week. 2 interviewers togethers, 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Go through projects on resume and relevent technical questions.   Answer Question
    • Game physics questions such as vectors and projections.   Answer Question
    • How do you make a game better if you are the producer or manager of that game.   Answer Question

QA Playtester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision (Eden Prairie, MN (US)).

Interview

Extremely extremely relaxed and friendly process. Interviewers are higher level employees/testers. Not intimidating at all. Questions are intuitive, interesting, and applicable. Quick turnaround time. I would not stress it at all, if you are a gamer and good person they will see that.

Interview Questions

• How would you test character customization?   Answer Question
    • Have you found a bug while playing an Activision title?   Answer Question
    • Why do you play video games? How many hours a week? What games? Favorite game of all time?   Answer Question
    • What do you think QA and playtesting is?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Activision (Eden Prairie, MN (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The guy who interviewed me was friendly but obviously very tired, as the team was in crunch at the time. We went back and forth between chatting about games and doing interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bug you have previously found in a game on your own.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The HR contacted me after 1-2 weeks of my online application.
    Then did a 20-30 min phone interview with me.
    The whole process is highly standardized, the HR will type down important things while you answer.
    The refusal response was given just that afternoon

Interview Questions

• This is a day to day running a report, any concern with that?

Your experience, an example of when you use data to find insight that you tell a story.

Have you used excel to clean data before?

Compensation on hourly rate?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.