Adani Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Adani Power Interview Questions

Interviews at Adani Power

3.1

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adani Power in March 2017.

Interview

very good, 1st round is the aptitude test, the second round is GD and 3ed round is a personal interview. in 1st round around 50 students selected

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kawai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adani Power (Kawai) in February 2011.

Interview

Firstly, there was a technical written examination and Aptitude session followed by Group discussion and Personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Hydrogen is used in generator cooling?
      What happens when we fire the boiler with 100% oxygen?
      What are the consequences when scales are deposited in water wall tubes?
      Write down the combustion products in a boiler?

I. Why sodium tri-phosphate is added in boiler water?
      II. What is the function of barring gear?
      III. What is the function of soot blower?
      IV. How to control NOX emission from the furnace?
      V. Why regenerative feed water heating is used in Thermal power plant?
      VI. What are the various fans that are used in Super Thermal Power Plant?
      VII. Name the types of turbine governing?
      VIII. Why vacuum pump is used in condenser?
      IX. Upon what parameters do condenser vacuum depends?
      X. Difference between Wet and Dry Bottom furnace?
      XI. How hot reheat line temperature is maintained?
      XII. What are the types of Circuit Breakers?
      XIII. Why 20% excess air is used in combustion in the furnace?
      XIV. Why Convective-Radiative zone superheater is used as the final superheater?
      XV. Why CBD (Continuous Blow down) is done in boiler drum?
      XVI. What are the functions of isolator?
      XVII. What type of cycle is Rankine cycle and why is it called Modified Rankine cycle?
      XVIII. What types of blades are used in steam turbines? Why?
      XIX. Functions of NH3 dozing?
      XX. How axial thrust is balanced in HP turbine? Why double flow steam turbines are preferred?
      XXI. Various voltage levels in super thermal plant?
      XXII. Why orifice is used as a starting point of water wall tube panels?
      XXIII. What are the uses of DG & DC battery banks?

1. For the given equation 2x+y=40; how many sets of (x, y) are possible for x, y >0 and x? y. Ans:13
      2. For a given equilateral triangle of side 3 units. What is the length of the perpendicular?
      3. A father sees that his shadow and his sons shadow met at a point in the ground when they were standing in a line before a lamp-post. If the length of the post, father and boy were 1.8 meters, 1.2 meters and .9 meters respectively. The distance between the lamp-post and the father is 5 meters. How far is the boy standing away from the lamp-post?
      4. Two poles of 3 meter and 4 meter respectively are fixed 5 meters apart. Find the height of the point of intersection of the lines joining the top of each pole to the others ground point from the ground.
      5. 3 given straight line equations were given and a point (a, a2) were given. Calculate the range of ‘a’ for which it will lie within the boundary enclosed by the three straight lines?
      6. Ten years ago the sum of 8 members in a family is 231. 3 years after a member who aged 60 years died and at the same day a baby was born. Again after 3 years another member who aged 60 years died and again a new baby was born. What is the average age of the family at present? Ans: 24 years   2 Answers

Negotiation

As a fresher there was no choice of negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Adani Power in February 2016.

Interview

It was campus recruitment.There were 4 rounds. 1) Written test ( online)
    2) Group Discussion
    3) Technical Interview
    4) HR interview
    In written test there were two section. Aptitude and Technical. Cutoff was 60% in both section. Technical test was easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self.
      Basic technical questions
      About projects and training.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adani Power in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through College(Bangalore Feb 2016). Recruitment was for Udupi. The process was I) Online test 2) GD 3)Personal Interviews. To get shortlisted for GD you need to score 60% in each sections (aptitude and technical). In our college only few cleared it so GD was skipped and interviews were conducted. In technical test your thermal is tested extensively. Most of questions will be from turbo machinery, FM ,BTD and ATD...In the interviews be strong in basics of all subjects..the interviews were a mix of HR and Technical for us..
    All The Best

Anonymous Employee in Modasa

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adani Power (Modasa) in September 2011.

Interview

Hiring is done through colleges and universities,from NPTI's. And advertisements in national news papers, through notification's on company portal. Interview process include technical plus aptitude exam along with personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview was good but at the end of interview I was asked, " What you Think?? Are u selected or not"?? This was a only difficult question for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adani Power (New Delhi) in February 2010.

Interview

two written test rounds,GD & interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult.Personality & technical testing questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotitate.It was a good offer already.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adani Power.

Interview

the process is simple first send your resume for the vacancy advertised in news paper or on web. if you got a call then interview is arranged . They will ask about power plants.

Anonymous Employee in Mundra, Gujarat

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adani Power (Mundra, Gujarat) in March 2013.

Interview

- Straight forward
    - Out of text book > basic stuff
    - Prepare well from basic power function/ lines/ coal flow
    - Get to know the equipment involved and their functionalities .

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Adani Power (Ahmedabad) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was conducted in 2 rounds .Firstly the technical round happened followed by the HR round. Both the rounds were of 20 mins each. The result was announced on the same day.

Interview Questions

• 1. What was your role in previous company 2. What specific tasks you have performed there.? 3. Some basic technical questions related to Electrical Testing.4. How would you fit in to this job? 5. Are you flexible enough to work for long hours. 6. Will you be able to stay in remote place where there is nothing around for 80Kms.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Adani Power (Ahmedabad) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview is followed by aptitude test, to clear which you need to require a bare minimum of 60 %. Interview is majorly HR, if applying for management position.If applying for GT, be prepare for the technical rounds

Interview Questions

• Mainly HR. Prepare your CV well   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.