Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 450 of over 450 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview

applied online - hired in 3 days . Ran my background and my drivign record. Nohting hard about the process. Store Manger called me right after i put my application in and told me i was bascially hired.

Interview Questions
  • do you have a clean driving record
    1 Answer

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview

Very easy and basic javascript and react questions. The interviewer was himself not very well versed with the core concepts, he was taking pause after hearing every answer as if he was cross checking from google. He was asking questions verbally and I had to keep asking him to use some editor to ask the questions as its better to code and discuss, he changed questions himself when I asked that maybe he himself was not confident in writing javascript. He asked me if I can write HTML, weird to ask such a question as I am a 6 year experienced dev and this is not really expected after such a rich experience. After a detailed 40 minutes verbal discussion he gave me a list of console log statements the answers to which he could not validate by discussing and he himself had to execute and check if I answered wrong or right. Questions were very very easy basic console logging statements. The interviewer was very intimidated by my confidence on javascript and instead rejected me with the reason that I am "do not know HTML" That was a very awful interview experience in my entire career. Would not recommend anyone to interview for such a team where developers are intimidated instead of taking a self-feedback on their own learning.

Interview Questions
  • console.log around var let const promise settimeout html5 tags CSS positioning
1 person found this interview helpful

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview

Great interview experience Its more like a discussion between 4tech enthusiasts.. They made me comfortable. 3panelists one each for technical, managerial and HR. They mainly focussed on my project and the tech stack used for it. They also asked some core kava questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Hyderābād) in Nov 2021

Interview

The interviewers were good but the HR named Ramdas is unresponsive and unprofessional. At first he mentioned to me on call that I have been selected for the round 3 which is a VP/Director round. Then I receive an automated email stating that I have not been selected. When I try to call the HR he doesn't respond also he never responds to emails. This is one of the worst experiences you wish you don't come across. Such HRs are dangerous for the organization. I would not suggest people to interview for this company or better skip Ramdas (HR)

Interview Questions
  • Some general technical questions on frontend and a programming question on currying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Roanoke, VA) in Oct 2021

Interview

One initial phone call interview with the job recruiter discussing the job duties and parameters. Then quickly advanced a few days later to the 2nd Interview Virtual with two associates online talking about training, the position, and equipment to be used. Contact 1 week later they said but never did via email, phone or website.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strongest characteristics that you will bring to this position?

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview

Overall great interview process with scheduling, the actual interview, and follow up afterwards. There was testing involved but low pressure and relaxed. It did take a while longer than I expected to hear back after the interview but once I received an offer the onboarding was swift and easy.

Interview Questions
  • What computer software did I have experience with? (i.e. Excel) testing was required.

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in Sep 2021

Interview

Had a interview for the Principal Salesforce Developer initial round , Supposed to be with the two Technical Managers one from USA and the other from India but showed up only the Manager from India (although seems to be not technical background person and seems to be borrowed some key words in salesforce eco system and keep using regardless of the context) ask me to run through only the technical aspects that I involved in the project without giving any functional overview . When I started explaining the technical aspects of my current project seems to be he is not aware of some of the terminology in the salesforce eco system. Asked some of the scenario based questions although not a true scenarios more of a issues that the organization is facing on day to day basis (posting those questions on the interview questions sections). Heard the review from the HR that I am more of a functional than technical P.S- After Reviewing the LinkedIn of the interviewer and seems to be he got all the carts on salesforce but his scenario based questions makes me puzzled like how one can even think of such a bad practice fixes on the salesforce platform

Interview Questions
  • 1. Given that there is a validation Rule and it’s been updated directly in prod by one person and the same fix is not in the lower sandboxes and no one is aware of that in the team and when the other team is trying to deploy a package there is a 100 test class failures and there is no time to fix the issue . Being a principle developer how do I make the deployment success by applying the simple fix . Answer : I would first strongly recommend the team not to make any changes in the prod directly before it get tested in lower sandboxes. Interviewer : what was the fix that I still consider given that the deployment is very much needed for the organization Answer : I would first take that change to lower sandbox and try to test and make the appropriate change to test class to align the test data to comply with validation rule . P.s : Noticed when i said this answer interviewer is giving me a disappointed look/facial expression as he was not looking for that answer :) Interviewer : What if there is no time to take that to lower sandbox and make changes to the test classes . Answer : I would deactivate that Validation Rule in prod until the changes get deployed. Interviewer : But the business users don’t want to turn off the Validation Rule for not even 1 min. Answer : As I said earlier and stick to it that I will not break the good practice of applying the changes directly in prod but if you are looking for answer anyway I would enhance the validation rule in prod and put a bypass to the user who is trying to deploy the package . P.s:- I don’t think he like that answer and looks like he got offended by noticing his facial expressions :) again a person with those many technical certs in salesforce would think of making changes directly in prod ;) 2 . Given there is a trigger with trigger handler and in the handler there is 400 lines of code and it already at the edge of 99 soql query’s when ever the handler is been called called and there is a new business use case to apply to the existing code with one more query to the handler . How do I handle that situation. Answer : I would refactor the code by coming up with a good trigger pattern( interrupted by the interviewer already ) Interviewer : what if there is no time for the refactor the code. Answer : I don’t put the new functionality until I fix the issue as it may bail out any time if I chase for the fixes . Ps:- He is really really pissed off and abruptly stoped the interview and said if I have any questions to him. By this time I already understood he don’t like me :) Again the interviewer has many technical certs like developer I and developer II aswell and the questions and the answers he is looking doesn’t seems to be matching at all.
1 person found this interview helpful

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview

This was an easy process. I only did this because I wanted to know what their process was like. It was very professional. I don't know what else to say. Easy process.

Interview Questions
  • What type of work have you done in the past?

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Montgomery, NY) in Jul 2021

Interview

Very basic interview with the basic questions one would expect when applying for a job in the quuromotive industry. Nothing too out if the ordinary. Quick process in all honesty

Interview Questions
  • Do you your state drivers license?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (New Delhi)

Interview

They took 3 technical and 1 Managerial round, plus HR round for Salary negotiations. I did completed all the rounds but last minute they hired some referral candidate. wasting all the effort of everyone, Specially HR team was waste

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 450 Interviews