Advisory Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Advisory Board

1,112 Interview Reviews

2.8

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Call with HR rep very casual and then a follow up call. This was a casual conversation and just a get to know you call. I asked questions about the process and the role.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

It was telephonic interview and it was good, I was satisfied with the interview. 2nd round was Skype call with the interviewer and it was about Technical experience. The final round was with the HR.

Interview Questions

Interview

A few 30 minute interviews with managers and then got an offer pretty quickly from the HR department - very quick process. The interviews were with the direct managers and then with the manager of the whole department. All very nice

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I submitted my application online. Then had a phone interview. Then one in person. Questions were straightforward and self-explanatory. Overall an average interview. I would recommend working at this organization.

Interview Questions

• What was a time in which you received negative feedback and how did you respond?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a day of applying. Phone screen followed by in person interview (behavioral and short case study) followed by 3 more back to back in person interviews. Everyone was friendly and the majority of the questions were about my experiences with clients and co-workers.
    The recruiter never followed up when I asked if there were any other positions I should look into at the firm.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email and asked to do a video screener. I was asked 5 questions and recorded my answers. About two weeks later I was asked to complete a writing assessment (essentially a case study in written form) and to come in for an in-person interview. A recruiter never reached out to me to discuss the position before I came in for the interview. Having several candidates there was slightly uncomfortable, but the candidates were very nice. We went through a presentation about Advisory Board, then we did a behavioral fit/case interview with a consultant and a case interview with management. Most questions started with "tell me about a time when..." and included a time you had a conflict, what you learned from it, etc. They will most likely ask about a project you did or a report you wrote and what takeaways you have from it, as well as your recommendations to address those takeaways. The case interviews are described below, but are fairly vague. I felt that the interviewers were somewhat condescending and uninterested in me as a person. While somewhat helpful at times during the case interview, they were not overly personable. One of the interviewers was late and rushed me at the end to give an answer, and left very little time for questions. There was a lunch afterwards with two really nice analysts that gave a nice overview of the day to day tasks and culture at Advisory Board. I appreciated their honesty. I got the vibe that the recent acquisition has really impacted the day-to-day at Advisory Board and a lot of the employees are not happy about it. One even made a subtle comment about not being thrilled about anything other than the people. Happy to have had the experience, but glad I didn't need to take the position.

Advice: Look through ALL of the questions on glassdoor - I practiced and felt super prepared when I walked in.

Interview Questions

• Video screener - Tell us about yourself, why are you interested in research, tell us about a time you had a conflict with a manager, tell us what key considerations you would take into account before opening a hospital [similar to a case study, but more time is given for this one].

Case interview with vague scenario - no math. They're just trying to understand how you problem solve. Describe how you would develop an educational course/ describe how you would improve access to a specific service at a hospital.   Answer Question

Felt it wasn't the right fit based on the interview experience.

Interview

Often times will start with a virtual video interview and then in person. All questions are behavioral so good to have examples in the back of your mind to use for those.

Asisstant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advisory Board (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process took about 30 minutes. You were asked to fill up the application form. They start with background questions and my qualifications. Follow by some technical questions which is quite challenging.

Interview Questions

• my pass experience and how can i apply it in the company?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Completed online interview on HireVue and went into the office for in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people back to back who repeated some questions. I was then given a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a goal you have had the steps you took to achieve that goal.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Pretty easy, recruiter phone call, then three 30 minute interviews. It was mostly just running down CV and really basic questions. Past experiences, strengths and weaknesses, project management, etc.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.