Airbnb Interview Questions

Updated 12 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 986 of over 986 interviews

Recruiter13%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb (New Delhi)

Interview

MUST READ...... The worst interview/interviewer ever(after being interviewed at Google/PayPal, Amazon etc) Will be joining a great ecomm company though Firstly the guy took my interview was 3-4 months old in the company, i had the interview about SQL, Tableau and little bit about projects. SQL: He asked questions related to rank, dense rank, joins, coalesce etc and I answered literally all of them and still received a feedback of poor SQL (Not showing off here but right now I do work on SQL 70% of my time) Tableau: 2-3 questions about it and Since I had used it before 2 years and currently using PowerBI and Spotfire, i tried answering the things in tableau along with how can i do that in tableau but got a rating of no Tableau knowledge (literally shocked to hear that, i train people on BI) Business side/Projects: I think the interviewer doesn't hold a good understanding of things apart from his area of work so again poor rating Writing this here for the first time because I never got this disappoint with such a wrong feedback (Airbnb says they focus on culture/core values but doesn't look like they do at least the interviewer doesn't at all)

Interview Questions
  • He went off 2-3 times in middle of an interview, his connection was also poor and faced issues in the interview (poorest interviewer ever seen in my life) it's not about not getting selected but more about the wrong feedback from people like him, I know not all in Airbnb must be like him but this one had it all wrong
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (New Delhi) in May 2021

Interview

I have appeared for 2 interview rounds with AirBnB and the experience was not at all good. 1. First interviewer at the start only asked me about my package and notice period , I was not comfortable as I believe this is an HR job. 2. Second Interviewer told me you are not from analytics backgrounds and have not solved any business problems and started giving me advise for my career and make faces while I was answering which was kind of very annoying. ( not a good gesture and really frustrating ) 3. To be polite on the other side, I told him that I have put forward two business problems to which he said is not really the problem? I mean now the business problem is what you decide or which I get from my supporting businesses. I have given so many interviews but trust me haven't faced this anywhere ( really honestly ). If you don't like the candidate, just simply reject why to create a fuss and dishonour brand image for which you work. Also, senior level interviews should have an HR in the calls to check this nuisance and which most of the good companies follow. I believe AirBnB has some class and work culture and my perception is blown away today. The experience was unpleasant and disheartening.

Interview Questions
  • All stupid questions nothing related to the Job Description

Airbnb

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

Interview in friendly manner with probing questions related to job. Easy to understand not stressful and not pushing. Interview in friendly manner with probing questions related to job. Easy to understand not stressful and not pushing. Interview in friendly manner with probing questions related to job. Easy to understand not stressful and not pushing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Airbnb

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

Fully met the role profile and criteria. Submitted my resume through the company applicant portal. Added cover letter. Had two Director level referrals. Four months later, zero response from the Recruiting team.

Interview Questions
  • Would have been happy to answer any.

Airbnb

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

The interview was scheduled for 15 mins. The recruiter was a couple minutes late and seems super busy. I asked some question but turns out no time left. One day after, I got rejected with no reason.

Interview Questions
  • Normal recruiter phone screening questions. How do you think of diversity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Seattle, WA)

Interview

I interviewed with Airbnb, Seattle office for the Senior Product Manager role. Started with a recruiter call, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager focused on vision and strategy, a week later a second round was scheduled with a peer PM focused on goal setting and execution. This was then followed by a virtual onsite interview of 7.5 hours, started with a presentation on a current Airbnb problem related to the job, met 2 cross functional team members who asked a bunch of thought personal/professional questions and 5 members of the team who dug deeper into cases, behavioral questions. It was a very exhausting day, be prepared to get your brain drained. While the interview was a rather satisfying experience, and having received tremendous feedback during the interview, the recruiter reached out with positive comments but the fact that the team decided not to move forward. When asked for feedback she mentioned she couldn’t share due to confidentiality. I think they had me until then. How are you not able to share feedback with the interviewee on what they may need to improve on should they decide to reapply? Overall — bad experience. I would not recommend the company. If you’re only interest in a brand name, go for it. Otherwise, the recruiter was not the friendliest, and 1 interviewer was extremely rude, speaking over you. I felt I faired really well and the feedback given was extremely positive too, so it was an unsettling experience when over 2 weeks of time was put into the preparation, they should’ve shared any feedback. Good riddance, I don’t think I’d apply to this firm again. There are too many other awesome companies out there! Don’t waste your time because they don’t value their candidates as they should be.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral — tell me about a time... pretty Amazon-esque questions. Lots of cases — how would you draw a vision, what metrics would you look at, how you work with difficult people etc. bunch of questions on your case

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

Data engineering centric interview questions; none of the LeetCode style programming stuff. More focus given to data architecture which is great because that's what you end up doing in the job itself!

Interview Questions
  • Write SQL to insert a new date's data into a datestamp-partitioned table using incremental data from the other date partitions .
1 person found this interview helpful

Airbnb

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

Professional and easy going at same time. over the phone. on time and had an introduction. respectful clear and presented good questions and explained the nature of the work. had 2 stages process.

Interview Questions
  • have i ever sublet my home and how was that subleters experience.

Airbnb

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

It is the standard leet code algorithmic interview common at software companies like Airbnb. Make sure you are ready for the cross-functional behavioral interview, which should actually be pretty fun.

Interview Questions
  • It is the standard leet code algorithmic interview common at software companies like Airbnb.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore)

Interview

The interview process is pretty long, 6-8 weeks consisting multiple interviews with various stake holders. Seems a bit too much for non-management role. Fortunately the Recruiting team is very prompt in giving the update.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 986 Interviews