Altera Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Altera Interview Questions

Updated 25 May 2017

3.2

FAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Altera (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I got phone interview with HR manager and a few days later I had technical interview with FAEs and FAE manager in office. After around two weeks later, I received job offer letter.

Interview Questions

• If you have any conflict with your customer for some technical issues, how will you resolve that situation?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply this company and FAE job?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any complaint in existing company you are working?   Answer Question

NCG Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

First phone screen-30min Onsite - 5 rounds Interview was moderate to difficult. The interviewers were friendly and the interview was not easy. The concepts should be very clear to answer all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about designing 4:1 mux using 2:1 mux and write verilog code,c program for swapping 2 variables without using a temp register, how the bidirectional pin would behave , frequency divider circuit,mestability,blocking and non blocking statements ,difference between dram and sram,diff between == and === in verilog,why gate level program is not written,finite state machine for a wending machine and writing the verilog code for it,questions related to sram project,clock domains in which the fifo would be working. Asked a whole lot of questions related to phase locked loops,ring oscillators and MIPS Project.   3 Answers

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with their recruiter where we go through my experiences and college degree, then she sent an email that I got chosen to meet the CEO of the company in person on 1:1 interview. I met the CEO David for 30-45 mins interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your process to deliver a design? How to manage multiple project in the same time?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with 5 individuals from the company, including managers and coworkers.

The hiring manager interview consisted of bringing me up to speed on the company and the role, and reviewing my experience.

Interviews with other managers and coworkers dug into much greater detail examining every corner of my resume for relevant experience, and testing my skills with problem-solving questions relevant to the position.

The people were friendly, the atmosphere was comfortable, and the questions were a bit challenging. I enjoyed the interview, but I would imagine an interview like this could be stressful if you didn't actually have sufficient relevant experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

One Phone interview with hiring manager followed by onsite interview with panel. Onsite interview lasted for 4 hours. Process took 2 weeks. Basic fundamental questions of Electrical Engineering, digital logic were asked.

Interview Questions

• Setup time and hold time, questions about academic projects   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied on line.First interview was phone interview with Human Resource, mostly general questions about my previous experience, next round was technical phone screen interview, it was based on answering some questions about given C++ code and also coding in C++ and Verilog. Final step was on site interview in San Jose which took about 5 hours with 5 different person. On site interview was tense and a lot of questions about basics and also designing and coding in C++, verilog and python

Interview Questions

• HR: mostly about my previous experience and why Altera

Technical Phone interview: Basic digital design and code screening with C++ and Verilog. I was given a C++ code and there were several questions about it, variable scope, compiler error, dynamic memory and etc
      For verilog part i was given a puzzle about finding a sequence of zero in infinite sequence and trying to scale it and parameterize it

on site: 5 hours of tense interview, questions about basic digital design, clock domain, writing verilog code for some puzzles, questions about script coding, protocols (PCI express, I2c , ...)
      Answer Question

Accelerator Debug Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I was a senior studying Computer Engineering when I applied. I first contacted my professor who told me one of his technical leads in Altera was looking for a Java programmer. He gave his technical lead a great recommendation of me, so he decided to contact me for a phone interview. It took two phone interviews before I got the on-site interview, both times I was asked to solve coding questions.

During the on-site interview, the first three interviewers asked me a couple questions about my resume and spent most of the time allocated on technical questions on bit manipulation, string manipulation, and recursion. I was able to answer what I thought were easy questions and struggled on the hard questions, which I now know weren't hard or tricky. The next one was the one who gave me my first phone interview, who mostly asked me questions to establish job and culture fit. As this was my first interview, I didn't really know what to say to him at all, let alone know what the job was really about. My last interviewer was my professor who told me the position would about writing drivers in a Linux kernel environment.

Since the interview, I did myself a favor and studied up on CS fundamentals, Linux kernels, and embedded systems and I found myself interested in the last two as a career entry point, but I didn't realize it at the time.

Interview Questions

• What is an efficient method to count the number of set bits in a bit vector?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altera in April 2016.

Interview

It is an entry level position. I received the email of phone interview request a week later after submitting the resume. It is a technical interview given by the group manager.

Interview Questions

• What are the advantages of cascode current mirror? What is the equation of Ro? Noise, Miller effect, frequency compensation... What is the difference between Flip-flop and Latch?   2 Answers

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview(45 minutes) then 3 onsite interview. first onsite interview 2.5 hours, second 1 hours and third interview 1.5 hours. phone interview covered knowledge of uvm/system verilog/ C++.
    Met 3 people on first onsite interview, they asked questions related to my projects/UVM/system verilog/C++. Second interview met 1person, he asked most of the question related to my previous verification projects/ assertions/functional coverage. In third onsite interview met 2 people, they asked most of UVM/system verilog related questions.

Interview Questions

• UVM, system verilog, C++, puzzles and ethernet related   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got phone interview invitation within one week. There were two phone interviews. The first one was from my mentor, the second one from group manager. Both phone interview covers technical problems from resume.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.