Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Amgen Interview Questions

Interviews at Amgen

2.9

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

I applied online for the Amgen Tech Connect. I was emailed by HR within 2 weeks and had HR pre-screening call. Hr question on technical assessment which was unexpected. Other than that, basic assessment question on Why Amgen, availability to join, commute, etc were asked.

Interview Questions

• 4 basic principles of oops, 3 Vs of Big data, difference between hadoop mapreduce and spark, structured and unstructured data, foreign key in database, metastore in Hive.   Answer Question

Undergrad Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juncos, PR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Juncos, PR (US)).

Interview

Excellent communication before, during and after interview. Basic behavioral and some experience questions. They did 1 phone screen that lasted 15-30 minutes and a on-site interview that lasted about and hour.

Interview Questions

• What are the first 3 things you are going to do the first day working at Amgen?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

There was an initial HR Manager phone screening and then went to onsite multiple panel type interviews. Amgen put me through a rigorous interview after the interview process onsite. Amgen recruiting team tried to work out the logistics, but in the end, several key interviewers did not show to their respective timeslots. I was asked to build a case study that in turn would be evaluated. The specific requirements would force me to divulge client sensitive information and most clients pay for those types of case studies. In all, the process was unorganized and presented as getting free information rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership and communication styles for all work on the ML/RPA side?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and easy to plan. It consisted of one phone interview with the recruiter and 4 one hour long panel interviews. The entire interview process from the first interview to the offer was a bit lengthy, but that depends on the department and urgency to fill the position.

Summer Undergraduate Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different department heads that generally consisted of Q&As - all were kind and informative and kind of informal. I didn't feel like there was a huge amount of pressure or like I should be saying something specific.

Internship Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews. Behavioral and resume-based. The people who interviewed seemed new but very nice. not very long, about 30 minutes each. went through behavioral questions that seemed pre-scripted. Also went through resume. Seemed a little disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you've challenged an accepted idea and what was your outcome?   Answer Question

Digital Health Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

I submitted an online application via the Amgen Workday portal. 1 week later, I received an email from both the recruiter and the hiring manager. Both phone calls were pleasant and I was invited for an onsite interview the following week.

I met with 7 people total from the department for the whole day and really enjoyed the campus tour and conversations. Everyone was knowledgeable about the company and had only positive things to say. They all asked good questions and genuinely made you feel like you were a top candidate. However, I did notice discrepancies between some interviewers in terms of how they described the role and responsibilities. It was obvious there was misalignment with the expectation of the job.

Following the interview, I sent out thank you emails and received numerous responses from my interviewers. I was also in contact with the hiring manager who said I did wonderfully. I thought I had it in the bag but I didn't - I received an automated rejection letter probably one month after the onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• Which country would ban cars first? Why?   1 Answer

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

It was a phone interview, the interview started with introducing myself, my skill set, and why i am the right person for the job. I was asked technical and behavioural questions. Also, I was able to asked my own questions to learn more about the position

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen in December 2019.

Interview

I had a short 15 minute phone screening about my general personality and experience. Then interviewed in person with a panel of the manager and 5 engineers. The atmosphere was very friendly and welcoming.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee. Submitted online application then received email for phone interview with HR & hiring manager within a week. On-site interview includes 1 hour seminar, group interview, 1:1 with senior level scientists.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.