Amgen Interview Questions

Updated 30 Aug 2015

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Got in through a referral . The interview was very easy and basic. Not much to worry about they only check your communication skills.

I got other better offers.

Manufacturing Process Operator III Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI (US)).

Interview

it was done in a Round Robin style meeting with several hiring managers over a course of several hours the interview process was very relaxed each interviewer asked general questions about my previous job tasks and also asked if I had any conflict management training then asked what other training I have received.

Interview Questions

• what skills did I have that would carry over to the Biotech industry.how long was I at my Last job .   1 Answer

Pilot Plant Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager to set up a phone interview after I had applied online earlier that day. The phone interview was with the hiring manager and two others, which involved going over my resume and asking a few behavioral questions, lasting approx. 30 minutes. Two days later I received a call to interview on-site the next week. The on-site interview consisted of five interviews of between 1 and 3 people each, lasting about 3 hours, followed by a brief tour which I requested. The interview covered all aspects of my background and consisted of several behavioral questions. Overall, it was an intense process, but with preparation it went smoothly. I was asked to complete a background check a few days, and received an offer after another few days.

Interview Questions

• What is something not on your resume that you would like to add and discuss?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you worked in a team and one team member didn't contribute as expected.   Answer Question

Coop Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

The interviewing process was very nice, everything was behavior question and good communication. The problem is that they are very slow in the hiring process (months). If you have time to wait, go ahead, its an great company! i love it

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I worked as a contractor and found out about a position internally. I applied through the web portal and got an interview with the Senior scientist in charge of the group. I interviewed with the team members I would be working with (half hour blocks with ~6 people) went to lunch with folks I would be working with and got the job about 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions about experience.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

First interviewed over the phone then was invited for an on-site interview. I interviewed with 7-8 people throughout the day and were asked various questions that were mostly related to the position. The interviews were more focused on personality than specific skills. However, several discussion topics were about how to solve current challenges that Amgen are facing which was somewhat skill tests.

Interview Questions

• If I were to call your manager, how would he/she describe you?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (San Juan, PR (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

In less than a week of my application online, I received a nice interview package, which not only included the schedule of the interviews and the different leads, but also a very nice training course for an internal interview process.

Interview Questions

• a lot of behavioral questions, mostly directed to how to deal with difficult people within a team environment, negotiation skills, project manager skills.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in July 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and liked him right away. Came back for more formal interview with situational questions with 2 DM's. Sent a thank you and heard nothing. Followed up again and no response. Two weeks pass and I received a call from a completely different DM asking me to come in for an interview. Meet with him and another DM. Followed up. It has now been a week and I haven't heard a word.

Interview Questions

• how are you going to develop relationships with NJ providers? I just moved.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I applied online, 3 weeks later got an email followed by a call from the hiring manager. We talked for ~30 mins about my skills and experiences. He liked me and invited me to onsite interview. 3 weeks later I was flown to the site. I met with the director-asked hard questions-then with the team and principle scientists and managers. I gave a 45 min talk as well. It seemed they liked me but they did not give any hints whether they are going to make an offer or not. They were all friendly and professional. They tried to know me better, not to give me a hard time.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

On sight interview in South SF. University set up the connection and I was picked to be interviewed. there were 3 positions available. Met group leaders and 2 HR people. Very friendly and informative

Interview Questions

• What qualities are needed to suceed in the lab. Describe previous positisions and tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.