AppFolio Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

AppFolio Interview Questions

Interviews at AppFolio

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One phone interview with HR about behavior questions, and other 3-turn interviews with engineer, leader engineer and CTO. All the questions are not so difficult, but tricky. Just to make sure your codes are clean enough without bugs!

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

25 Mar 2019

Thank you for the feedback! Glad to hear your experience went well with the team. Definetly stay in touch with AppFolio as we are growing! We'd love to consider you for any future opportunities.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Three interviews. First one has two general coding questions, listing all the prime numbers. Second one is about software design and computer network fundamentals like http, tcp protocols. There is a question like, what will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter. The third one is basically describe your project and explain your code on github.

Interview Questions

• For the question "when will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter", you are supposed to give a lot of details, like TCP, IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio in August 2014.

Interview

Very Exciting. Talk about some basic data structures. And the interivewer ask me some questions about BST tree. And use Triney tree to implement that. And also he asked me to convert a string to a number without using parserInt function in java.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online for the Software Engineer Intern position and within approximately a week I had a initial phone screen with a member of the HR team. She was very kind and after that she set me up with a one hour technical phone interview with a senior member of the engineering team. The technical phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and covered questions on my background as well as questions relating to sorting, data management, and object-oriented programming. I was rejected at the end of the technical interview, but the interviewer was very nice about it.

Interview Questions

• Related to sorting an array based on given specifications without creating any new data structures.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Overall exp was good .initially had 2 phone interviews and 2 skype interviews .then I was asked visit SB office and the interviewers were friendly and lunch was provided .

Interview Questions

• 2 skype interviews and 4 rounds of onsite interviews .Interview was general programming and some questions to test your aptitude .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

It is quite a standard interview process. It emphasizes a lot on the breadth rather than the depth of knowledge in CS. All coding questions are reasonable and fair. From HR to CEO, all people there are very helpful and friendly. Their products are also very promising and starting to get a lot of revenue.

Interview Questions

• Various types of sorting algorithms and their complexity. Process of a URL being entered to a page rendered to users.   Answer Question

This is my first offer and given the fact that this is a startup company and the pay is a bit below average.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

One on site screening in Richardson and then a Skype video interview with collabedit

Interview Questions

• Division of a map getting results from an area over a map from a service. How would you make it faster   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

on campus recruiting but still need to apply online. They give me a phone interview but later they don't want to forward the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA (US)) in November 2007.

Interview

The first interview was with the CTO, who described the general work to be done, with some talks about my background in software. The next was with a remote engineer over the phone, who asked more technical questions about my history and experience with Ruby on Rails and programming in general. After that, a one-on-one with their lead engineer who presented several programming challenges. A less formal chat with the president and CEO, then a follow-up with the CTO again.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job, when you've only been there for so little time?   1 Answer
    • How would you go about designing a text editor dialog that would let you hop around files easily by just typing parts of their name?   1 Answer
    • How long do you think you would work for this company?   1 Answer

Didn't feel I fit with the company culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

3 steps, talked with 2 HR and the director of engineering. They were very friendly, definitly seemed to be a very good company. The 3rd person showed me the office, which I thought very nice of him. Definitly is a place that I would like to work.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is primary key?
      2) How to search for a value that is avaliable on a third table but you need to check for ID on table 1 and 2?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.