AppFolio Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 263 of over 263 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

AppFolio

Application

I interviewed at AppFolio

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with HR and then the hiring manager, followed by a two hour interview with people from the team and with leadership at the company.

Interview Questions
  • What interests you about working at AppFolio?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA)

Interview

Three rounds of tech interviews during which the interviewers nicely asked a few questions about my experience. There were also coding problems which were not especially difficult. The interviewers also talked about what it would be like to work for the company and were willing to answer questions on that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2021

Interview

Applied online for the job and received a call from the recruiter for a 1 on 1 She asked me about my experience and also my areas of interests. Round 2: It was with a software developer with appfolio. The first half hour was mostly about my experience and how it aligns with the job. He told me about the role and type of work I would possibly be involved in. Next half hour was problem solving. I was able to get the solution on paper but it didnt follow the coding standard and was one of the worst codes I had ever written. I did the code as fast as I could since the problem statement was very ambiguous. Next day got a reject.

Interview Questions
  • Q. There is a dog and it has 4 states. Each state is triggered by an action. Like a mailmen approaching triggers a dog to bark and that is the only option which can trigger a state change. Code for multiple inputs and if the action is not valid, you cant change the state. PS: It was a design question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA)

Interview

Pretty basic conversations with HR and various people at the company. Very little information given about the role even in these conversations so it was hard to know what to talk about or what skills were wanted. The questions weren’t hard, just basic small talk stuff and asking about past roles. The most frustrating part was being told you’d hear back and then after so many interviews never actually hearing anything about the final decision. I had to find out someone else got the role through linked in. The communication could have been much better on HR’s part. They do call all your references. Overall, okay experience but very time intensive and I feel like I let them string me along while they interviewed other candidates just to be ghosted. You live and you learn, just don’t put all your eggs in this basket because they are definitely talking to other people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AppFolio

Application

I interviewed at AppFolio

Interview

Very great interview process with the company Appfolio. Thought the Appfolio team was very professional, energetic, and fun to interview with. I thought they asked pretty normal interview questions. I would recommend preparing for your interviews and doing research like any job.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. Hobbies? What makes you the best candidate?

AppFolio

Application

I interviewed at AppFolio

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter Hiring manager call panel interview Lasted almost 3 months due to Sales Kick-Off, recruiter very unresponsive. After the final interview and providing professional refferences, recruiting point of contact goes silent and ghosts me for 3 weeks

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AppFolio

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio

Interview

The interview process started off smoothly. I made it to the third round and was told that I would hear back if invited to the final round. After two weeks, the HR Recruiter reached out and told me they were still interviewing people and determining their top 5. She let me know that I was still in the running and would follow-up in a week with next steps. This was the last time I heard from her. I sent emails and called after a week and a half passed and no response at all. I even reached out to the hiring manager and again no response. This was completely unprofessional and left me with a negative view of the company. Please do not waste candidates time with several rounds of interviews, if you plan to ghost them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AppFolio

Application

I interviewed at AppFolio

Interview

very thorough. great team. great potential employer. i enjoyed speaking to them about the role and company. sounds like a great place. would love to work here. fast growing company. great culture.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AppFolio

Application

I interviewed at AppFolio

Interview

The Interviewers were very welcoming and posed the technical problems very clearly. They gave small hints if you'd get stuck for while but the problems were never too difficult to begin with.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you worked on a team and things were not going your way.

AppFolio

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio in Feb 2021

Interview

30-minute HR phone screening, then 3 rounds of technical interviews I believe. I am unsure because I did not get past the first technical interview. Did not get much feedback as to what could have been improved

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 263 Interviews