Find jobs for Java Senior Software Engineer/Lead Position

Applied Materials Java Senior Software Engineer/Lead Position Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 528 interviews

Interviews at Applied Materials

Positive100%
Recruitment Agency100%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Applied Materials

Applied Materials

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Bangalore) in Oct 2017

Interview

There were multiple technical rounds. The rounds went as below: 2 Written Tests(One online, one in the company) 2 Technical Interviews 1 Director Round Online written test was having two sections. First one was having questions from Operating System. Second section was having core java questions. Personal Interview Rounds: The interview was based on my solution provided for the written round. The main questions were mostly covering three areas 'Data Structures', 'Algorithms' and 'Multithreading'. They want a candidate who can stay for a longer period of time(like for 5 years and more).

Interview Questions
  • Bracket balance checking.
    1 Answer
  • Input is a string like "AAAAABBCCAA" and it should print "5A2B2C2A". 5 being the continuous number of occurance for character 'A'. Same is with other characters also.
  • Input is an array of numbers [1,2,3,4,2,3,1,2] and we need to print the longest increasing sequence length. here it should be 4 (for 1,2,3,4).
  • Implement BlockingQueue for enqueue and dequeue functionality.
  • Write a scenario where deadlock is sure to happen?
  • Tell me what all Design pattern will you use to implement Elevator calling system?
  • What all conditions are there to use an ArrayList and LinkedList?
  • Are you okay to go to other places?
  • Since my domain was telecom OSS, they asked me to design a Device sync module with a certain conditions.
6 people found this interview helpful