Austin Industries Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

1.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Austin Industries

Austin Industries

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Austin Industries in Sep 2021

Interview

Very pleased... the staff was real nice and kept you informed the whole way .. the only problem was.once hire the steps you needed to take after on where to go and what to don

Interview Questions
  • How long have u been in this industry
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Borger, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Borger, TX) in Feb 2019

Interview

Overall good experience on the phone with recruiters. Company seems to be well versed and a great platform for career advancement. They asked questions in regards to my recruiting style and methods and if I had experience in industrial craft recruiting with welders, fitters, iron workers, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me your experience with recruiting industrial craft personnel?

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Houston, TX) in Apr 2018

Interview

Over the phone interview. Was asked basic questions regarding past experiences. Wanted to know what I could contribute to the company. Wanted to know about personality and how I would fit into the company. Very nice human resource people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Dallas, TX) in Jan 2017

Interview

It was brief, straight to the point about what knowledge you have in the construction field, have you ever worked in the plants. Once you had your interview then you would get a follow up call offering you a position and following with what instructions you need to start the hiring process, medical and background.

Interview Questions
  • How long have you worked in the Plants? What plant culture have you been exposed to

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Deer Park, TX) in Nov 2016

Interview

I have good experience operation heavy equipment. I had been working in the construction jobs for about 20 some years. I been doing labor work pipe work dirt work. Grading roads digging pipe line. Moving dirt grade parking lot s.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Porte, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Austin Industries (La Porte, TX) in Feb 2015

Interview

Normal interview with HR and President. Interview appeared to go well but was unable to recall names of OSHA Area Directors for local offices. Both HR and President were very easy to talk with and professional. Company has a long history of working safe and it was demonstrated by the senior management.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experience with Line Opening?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Irving, TX) in Nov 2014

Interview

Phone discussion with internal recruiter. Then, met with 3 senior level managers for about 1 hour each on the same day. Pretty relaxed interviews. All of my communication went thru the internal recruiter. He works for Austin Industries, so he wasn't up on Bridge & Road specifics.

Interview Questions
  • I didn't feel like any of the questions were very difficult. They just wanted to know why I was looking to change companies and about past projects I have completed. It was a pretty open discussion, not a list of questions.

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Deer Park, TX) in Oct 2014

Interview

very thorough discreet they went through every thing from criminal background checks to medical history to US citizenship fisical fitness from breathing test to lifting vision test blood work and one on one interview great experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Industries (San Antonio, TX) in Aug 2014

Interview

Meet with the recruiter as specified time, began with typical background questions (past experiences, skills, interests, etc.) before getting into the "How you would handle.." type of questions. As the interview continued, the recruiter asked what skills I could bring to the company and what I felt was my strongest and weakest attribute.

Interview Questions
  • As an entry-level engineer, how would you handle a situation where you would have to correct and/or manage experiences workers, foremen, and super intendants that have worked in construction for many years?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Austin, TX) in Apr 2013

Interview

I was asked about my previous work experience. My willingness to work hard. Work Ethic. Responsibility and reliability. Pre employment drug screen. What kind of jobs i have worked on. Skill set

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews