Austin Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Austin Industries Interview Questions

Interviews at Austin Industries

1.8

Craft Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Overall good experience on the phone with recruiters. Company seems to be well versed and a great platform for career advancement. They asked questions in regards to my recruiting style and methods and if I had experience in industrial craft recruiting with welders, fitters, iron workers, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience with recruiting industrial craft personnel?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Industries (College Station, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Sat down with two campus recruiters after career fair the day before. Had interview on campus and went through personality based questions.
    After the interview took about three weeks to hear back via phonecall.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Was asked basic questions regarding past experiences. Wanted to know what I could contribute to the company. Wanted to know about personality and how I would fit into the company. Very nice human resource people.

Craftsman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Deer Park, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was brief, straight to the point about what knowledge you have in the construction field, have you ever worked in the plants. Once you had your interview then you would get a follow up call offering you a position and following with what instructions you need to start the hiring process, medical and background.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in the Plants? What plant culture have you been exposed to   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin Industries in November 2016.

Interview

I have good experience operation heavy equipment. I had been working in the construction jobs for about 20 some years. I been doing labor work pipe work dirt work. Grading roads digging pipe line. Moving dirt grade parking lot s.

Director of Health and Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Porte, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Austin Industries (La Porte, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Normal interview with HR and President. Interview appeared to go well but was unable to recall names of OSHA Area Directors for local offices. Both HR and President were very easy to talk with and professional. Company has a long history of working safe and it was demonstrated by the senior management.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Line Opening?   1 Answer

7 Jul 2016 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We strive to make the candidate experience pleasant and are happy to hear that our core values were displayed during your interview, most importantly safety. Though you did not get an offer this time, please apply again for any future openings we may have that are of interest to you.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Irving, TX (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone discussion with internal recruiter. Then, met with 3 senior level managers for about 1 hour each on the same day. Pretty relaxed interviews. All of my communication went thru the internal recruiter. He works for Austin Industries, so he wasn't up on Bridge & Road specifics.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel like any of the questions were very difficult. They just wanted to know why I was looking to change companies and about past projects I have completed. It was a pretty open discussion, not a list of questions.   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Deer Park, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

very thorough discreet they went through every thing from criminal background checks to medical history to US citizenship fisical fitness from breathing test to lifting vision test blood work and one on one interview great experience

Interview Questions

Austin Industries Response

7 Jul 2016 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience and received an offer.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Industries (San Antonio, TX (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Meet with the recruiter as specified time, began with typical background questions (past experiences, skills, interests, etc.) before getting into the "How you would handle.." type of questions. As the interview continued, the recruiter asked what skills I could bring to the company and what I felt was my strongest and weakest attribute.

Interview Questions

• As an entry-level engineer, how would you handle a situation where you would have to correct and/or manage experiences workers, foremen, and super intendants that have worked in construction for many years?   Answer Question

7 Jul 2016 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to see that the process only took two weeks; we are continuously striving to make our process more efficient and timely.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Austin Industries (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I was asked about my previous work experience. My willingness to work hard. Work Ethic. Responsibility and reliability. Pre employment drug screen. What kind of jobs i have worked on. Skill set

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.