B&M Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

B&M Retail Interview Questions

Interviews at B&M Retail

2.0

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in October 2020.

Interview

I handed in my CV on Thursday, got a call back on Friday offered and interview on Monday at 12 and got offered the job Monday at 5pm. Everyone was friendly.

Management Development Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, initial phone call with resourcing team (who were lovely!), video questions (very poor system), face to face interview with presentation.
    Overall, a very slow process in the current market (6 weeks between application and face to face interview).

The whole process was pleasant until the face to face interview. No zoom/Skype/teams option offered, so had a lovely 4.5 hour drive to arrive at a depot. Interview room was an empty stock room. No bother, I thought, must be a COVID safety measure to allow social distancing.

The job advert didn't match the job itself at all. The questions I was being asked caught me off guard. I'd recommend looking at this! Had the job advert explained the role more clearly, I would not have applied.

Interviewer was incredibly patronising. Making patronising comments when I was describing my previous work achievements. I pulled out of the process after this interview as I could not see myself working for this person. Felt like I had wasted an entire day and would never apply for a job there again.

After I pulled out, I heard nothing from them. No thank you for your time, or thanks for letting us know. Nothing.

Overall, I felt like I was being strung along the whole time, they had no interest in me, yet still invited me along anyway. I hope others had a better experience and this was a one-off.

Interview Questions

B&M Retail Response

1 Oct 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very sorry that it didn’t match your expectations (or in fact ours on this occasion). We acknowledge that the process took longer than is usual. There was an overwhelming response for this role and it was important to us, that all candidates were considered.

We also send our sincere apologies that you didn’t have a good interview experience or hear back from us after you withdrew from the process, this would not normally happen and we will certainly look into this further. Please feel free to contact the Recruitment Team, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

they asked me about my previous job and why did i leave the job and about customer service . they asked me about my availability and how many hours I can work a week . Also asked me if i can work late shift as well. Asked about transportation as well.

Interview Questions

• why did your leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

Gathered many of us potential employees into a room and gave us a presentation about the company, followed by scanning ID's and providing right to work forms. Then was sent to 1 on 1 interviews with one of several managers/ deputy managers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

Was super informal, had it with the customer service manager. The first question I was asked was about what shift work. Was very calm and felt very relaxed - good environment overall.

Shop Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

Handed my cv in. Had a phone call a few days later from the manager inviting me in for an interview. Asked me a few questions and got told I had the job and I would be contacted to start induction within the week. I would print out the application form from their website and fill it in before your interview to be prepared and save time there.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

Handed CV into store.
    Called me a few weeks later asking if I could come to an interview.
    Interviewed with manager and assitant manager.
    Very friendly and relaxed. No tough questions, just asked about CV and about your personality. Called me the same day as the interview to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you succesfully worked in a team.   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

It was good. they went through couple of OOP design related question and design pattern. Although this was my first interview outside my country therefore i was a bit nervous at the beginning but the person took my interview was very friendly. i felt confident after talking couple of minutes with him. he kept it going for about 30 -45 min i guess

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

Got a phone call asking questions about salary, was told to expect a call from area manager . Did not receive any call back , I received an email to say the role had been filled. Then received another email saying email was an error! Then another email saying role was filled?

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail in April 2019.

Interview

Nothing special. The woman interviewing me asked me some hypothetical questions as well as if I have any experience in customer service. Then some technical questions such as my availability and any holidays booked.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.