BC Liquor Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

BC Liquor Stores Interview Questions

Interviews at BC Liquor Stores

2.6

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BC Liquor Stores.

Interview

Written essay, then panel interview. The entire process took many months, the panel was not very forthcoming, or open to discussing anything but their provided scenarios/questions, then the entire competition was cancelled months later with no one actually chosen.

Interview Questions

• Using the STAR profile, a list of scenarios was provided with a Notepad. Asked to present based on scenarios on the spot.   Answer Question

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BC Liquor Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in April 2019.

Interview

they use behavior based interview questions. I would suggest to look it up and practice the STAR technique and think of lots of example to prep for the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about team work ?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BC Liquor Stores (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

It was okay. The interviewer is nice and polite. The interview is pretty straightforward and contains some behavioral and situational questions. They said they will call me after finishing an interview with the second candidate. But they never call.

Auxiliary Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Squamish, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BC Liquor Stores (Squamish, BC (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

Was very comfortable.
    Great managers,
    Easy going.
    Be prepared and cleanily dressed.
    Have your serving it right already.
    Got the job on the spot.
     Be positive and but a great smile on your face.
    I would bring your resume handy.
    Don’t be nervous it will go great.
    Apply around Christmas and your almost guaranteed a job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sooke, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BC Liquor Stores (Sooke, BC (Canada)) in June 2018.

Interview

Easy, they just phoned me. Got an interview a few days later. The manager seemed nice on the phone. The interview was pretty standard. Don’t worry too much about it.

Advertising & Social Responsibility Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BC Liquor Stores (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2018.

Interview

Since I submitted my CV it took around 2 months for them to get back to me, that i was selected to the 1st stage, which was an online test (covering basic knowledge about Word and Excell). After one week, when i passed it , i was invited for a 2nd online test, a 2 questions written assignment (i had couple of days to complete it and email it back to them); than after 1 week , they got back to me that i was selected and invited for a face to face interview.

There was 3 persons in the interview room: 2 marketing department( heads) and 1 human resource.

Interview Questions

• 3 behavioral interview questions, and they wanted us to respond in the STAR way.
      example:
      Give me an example of a situation where you had to deal with a problem at work...

The other questions:
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you wanna join BC Liquor   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BC Liquor Stores (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick, mostly behavioral questions about previous customer experiences. I applied in mid October, got a phone call for an interview mid November, and got hired for the month of December.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where a customer was unsatisfied with you, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BC Liquor Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Met with the head manager and talked for a bit while submitting a resume. We then scheduled a proper sit-down interview. The overall process was pleasant and it felt like the hiring manager was on my side and wanted me to succeed.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be great customer service?   1 Answer

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BC Liquor Stores (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

They asked me a few questions, though it was fairly simple and it seemed as though they had already decided to hire me and were simply making sure I was presentable and punctual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As it is a government owned business, I wouldn't suggest negotiating. They have very fair wages as is.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BC Liquor Stores (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Approximately 1/2 hour interview. Present were a senior manager, 2 store managers, and 3 human resources staff. Each person asked me 5 to 8 questions. I was asked at the end of the interview why I wanted this job.Each answer was discussed amongst the panel and the conclusion of each answer was averaged out for a final mark.

Interview Questions

• What action would you take if you saw a person about to leave the Liquor store with 2 bottles of liquor under his jacket, that you suspected he had no intention of paying for ?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.