Baker Hughes Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Interviews at Baker Hughes

2.9

Digital Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

There were three interview rounds and all of them were over the phone. The first one was a technical interview and the next two were behavioral interviews. Interviews were usually with past interns or recruiters.

Internship Interview

Interview

Applied through online application. they sent me the video interview email 2 weeks after. The online interview is through a recorded. Most of the questions are behavior questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses and leadership experience.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Initial interview was computer recording based. Basic scenario and decision making questions. Was a bit strange to have a full “discussion” without being in a conversation with another person

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

It was on HireVue and was pretty difficult it terms of questions, they were very in depth with a limited time frame. So I would recommend preparing and doing the practice questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team and it went wrong?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I did not make it past the hire vue, but that was my first hirevue and I was no prepared for it, but I am now more prepared for them.

TPS External Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I interviewed for the TPS External Affairs Manager position and completed 10 interviews as part of the interview process. My first contact was in Oct 2019 with a recruiter for a phone screen. The screener was asking questions that they did not really understand. They were job-related questions but only someone from the field would understand. The screener made me repeat responses multiple times to keep up with their typing speed. The next intv was with the hiring manager and happened at the end of Oct 2019. I had a third intv/phone screen with the HR Rep in early November. This person was professional and explained the position well. Typical phone intv. In Mid-November, I had a call with someone from the Brand/Advertising group. The interviewer was late to call me which I thought was rude. The interviewer didn’t apologize for their tardiness/acknowledge it. They didn’t have thorough knowledge of the role and asked irrelevant questions. The person asked about my mgmt of others though the role has no direct reports. The call was rescheduled multiple times. Several of the calls had to be rescheduled. In hindsight, I probably should have exited the intv process then. At this point I had had, 2 HR screens, an intv with the hiring manager and a phone intv with someone in another group. Following those interviews, I was asked to meet for an in-person intv (intv #5). So, I arrive and wait in the reception area for 30-45 mins because the interviewer was running late. The interviewer was kind and didn’t rush the interview and was thorough in explaining the role and what it was like to work for the company. In mid-November, I had another phone intv with someone in Operations. This intv seemed to go well though we spent very little time discussing the job. In mid-Dec, I inquired with the recruiter about my candidate status. About a week later, I was scheduled for an in-person intv with the two VPs and a recruiter who had previously interviewed me over the phone. These were interviews 7- 9. I was scheduled for those interviews in early January; they were later rescheduled to mid-January. The rescheduling of interviews throughout this entire process was constant and difficult to navigate while maintaining a full-time job. The questions I was asked by the VPs all seemed to be phrased in the negative. When I arrived, I waited for 15 to 20 minutes and was asked to meet with the recruiter first though this was not the intv order schedule I sent in advance. I talked to the recruiter for about 30 min as the VP was running late. I met with one of the VPs and it was clear that this VP was not listening to any of my responses. The interviewer was more interested in talking themselves. The interviewer also asked if I had questions several times and there were blocks of awkward silence. After 6 previous interviews, there weren’t many questions to ask, so, I reiterated and rephrased some that I had previously asked. This VP didn’t have prepared questions and was slightly rude/condescending. The VP ended my intv 15 mins early and I noticed the same VP in the hallway chatting. That wasn’t exactly what you want to see when you have waited on someone who was running late and had taken time off from work to be there. The VP should have at least talked to me for the time scheduled. I went back to the office of the HR Rep since the VP ended early and the other VP was in a meeting. The other VP asked many questions in the negative. This VP drew on two sheets of paper: one was to outline my background/experience and the second to outline what expectations for the role. It was clear that the VP wanted to make sure thorough notes were captured. It was a difficult intv and after spending three hours with them at the point completing interviews 7-9, I was exhausted and ready to go home. The next day, I saw the job posted again. And the following day, I was asked to do a 10th virtual interview in their office. I declined the virtual interview in their office and agreed to a brief call only if it was the final step in the process. So, I am sharing this experience because I want to warn anyone interviewing for this role. They are either in no rush to fill it, have some pie-in-the-sky dream candidate in mind or they have no clue what they are doing/looking for. Whomever takes this role if they ever offer it to anyone (which after 10 interviews and no offer I question that they will) will have a difficult time. The workload will be heavy, and the two VPs will be demanding. So, good luck if you make it to an offer. You have been warned.

Interview Questions

• The same questions were asked in nearly every interview. Tell me about yourself. What communications plans have you worked on/executed?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Recorded interview of around 6-7 standard interview questions alongside an over the phone interview. The over the phone was less standard with more elaborate on so and so type questions. After was a on-site type program. I was flown down to Houston for 2 days to participate.

Interview Questions

• During the onsite were given 10 minutes to come up with a pitch for Baker Hughes acting as if we already had the job and were now recruiting others.   Answer Question
    • What makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you worked on a team that maybe didn't work well. How did you attempt to solve the issue?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in December 2019.

Interview

Interview took 3+ weeks. First virtually via HireVue then phone call. Recruiter wasn't to efficient and made multiple reschedules without notice. I had to contact interviewer severely to remind them of the phone interview session which eventually will end up getting rescheduled. Overall not too great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had difficulties working with a team member on a job or project.   Answer Question
    • Tell us more about your experiences highlighted in your resume.   Answer Question

Aspire Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Tomball, TX (US)).

Interview

Drove to Tomball Texas to stay in a hotel with another guest. Had to attend a dinner with first year analysts in the program. Had a super day the next morning with 3 interviews and a case study. Never heard back. Got mocked by employees about my university. Didnt get reimbursed for gas/mileage.

Interview Questions

• Case Study deciding which company had the most efficient fossil fuels (the one that was cleaner because BH is moving towards efficiency)   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online, got an email informing of a Video Interview to be conducted. They send a link where you answer prerecorded questions on camera that they review later on. On site interview puts you in a group setting with other candidates and hiring managers get to know you and see how you interact with others through a bunch of activities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you where something was not going according to plan and what you did in response.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.