Base2 Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.8

Sort:

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was referred to Base2 through a friend and then applied online after speaking with a few employees at the company and learning more about what they do. The interview process took about a month and consisted of multiple phone interviews and a final on-site half day interview.

Throughout the process Base2 was very professional. They wanted to take into consideration other opportunities I had at the time which I thought was both a courteous yet humble, and impressive approach. I felt they maintained a very honest and sincere attitude each time I spoke with someone from the company. They weren't trying to play any games, it was just honest interviewing. They were interested in seeing both if I was a good fit for Base2 and if they were a good fit for me.

While I was interviewed on-site, I felt very welcome and comfortable throughout the whole process. They continued to be very authentic in their approach. Each person who interviewed me was professional and thoughtful. They seemed like they were just trying to get to know me on a more personal level, but still posed interesting and challenging scenarios as interview questions. I left the interview thinking, "I could definitely see myself working here."

I was offered a position the next day and accepted shortly afterwards. I think the most appealing thing about the whole process was how honest and genuine everyone was. I could really tell it was something everyone believed in, and not just a collection of buzzwords on the "About us" company culture page. I think it's this authenticity that makes Base2 unique and a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask too many technical questions but were more concerned with how I could analyze a situation and go about solving the problem.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

I applied online after seeing it was voted one of the King5 best places to work. I received a reply within 48 hours asking if I would be available for a phone screening interview. I gave a couple of times that worked for me and HR picked the first one. She called me right on time and was very professional and polite. She asked some pointed scenario questions as well as work history. She left me with a request for a follow-up call with the IT director at a later date. Once again the call was right on time and both were very polite. They asked some basic questions and then asked for an in person interview.

The in person interview was a fairly tough 4.5 hour sequential tag team interview with a lot of technical and professional questions. Everyone I met was incredibly nice but knowledgable and to the point. The interview finished with the CEO. The more I talked to the employees at Base 2 the more I liked what I saw. Overall a very pleasant, if thorough, process.

About two hours after the interview I received a phone call with a contingent offer based on my background and professional reference checks.

Interview Questions

• The IT director gave me a very open ended question on a theoretical customer issue and asked the steps I would go through to solve/refine the issue and to propose two solutions to fix the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I put in what I wanted based off my experience and the going rate in the area. Everything else had been so upfront and game free it seemed like the best way to proceed. They matched what I asked for.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Met with several people in various job roles. Described my previous experiences and told some success and challenging stories from the past. Met with several folks from Base2 over the course of a day. I enjoyed the interview process and met interesting and dedicated individuals who have a passion for professional services and doing the right thing for the customer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work and what you liked and did not like.   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you bring to being a good consultant?   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenging work situation from your past experiences and how you overcame that challenge.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, then a coding problem, then a phone screen with a dev lead and then an on site interview. I met with 6 employees who were either Developers or QA professionals.

We did some white board coding and process questions. They were very concerned about fit, communication skills and development process. They were less concerned about specific languages. The were very concerned about quality.

They were extremely professional and the process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked about handling ambiguity in a consulting process.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Recruiting contacted me within a couple of days to set up a discussion about the company and the position. This was followed a few days later with a 30-minute phone screen with the dev team lead. These questions were about what I was working on. Just trying to determine my experience level and if I was able to describe what I do clearly and concisely, a communication skills check.

I was brought in for an on-site interview the following week. They paid for parking in an adjacent building. There were 3 sessions. One with QA. One with a director. One with pair of devs. This took about 2-3 hours total. The interviews were a nice mix of conversational and technical questions. No pressure tactics or brain teasers.

I received an offer the following morning, contingent on references and a background check. The entire process took less than 2 weeks and the recruiting team was both prompt and very organized.

Interview Questions

• * Describe what you are working on in your current job.
      * Describe a time you had a bug in production and how you handled it.
      * Draw an architecture diagram of a system you have worked on and explain how it works and why it was built that way.
      * Determine if a Linked List has a branch.
      * Determine if a Linked List has a cycle.
      * Various questions about common Linux commands.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter who did an initial personality and skills match up. That was followed by a phone screen from the hiring manager. The phone screen was semi technical but nothing to in depth. Questions like "You mentioned design patterns in your resume what design patterns do you find yourself using frequently." The next phase was a conversational interview with several different groups of people. The focus was on getting to know me and my experiences. The last phase was a technical white boarding session with an engineer. The interview was a very positive experience for me and one of the reasons I accepted the position. I never felt interrogated it was always just a conversation to determine how well I would fit in the organization.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't anything that stumped me. It was always just talking about work I had done and how I went about solving problems.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for a systems engineering position. The process started with a phone interview with HR, which was pretty standard and high level. Next, I had a second phone interview with the hiring manager, which focused more on past projects and technical abilities. Finally, they flew me in for an onsite interview at their head quarters (they put me up in a great hotel very close to the interview location and the logistics were very well coordinated). Base2 was excellent when it came to scheduleing the on-site visit. After my phone interviews, I wasn't sure of my timeline for being able to make a move. Base2 basically said, "let us know when you're ready" - not many employers will do that. When I was ready they flew me in. My resume, references, and the prior phone interviews provided a good indication of my technical abilities so the in-person interview focused primarily on the non-technical skills critical to consulting – leadership, communication, dealing with high stress situations, working with difficult people/conflict resolution, ability to interact with a variety of people (from engineers to executive managers). The interview itself was laid back and comfortable – pretty much an open, two-way discussion. I interviewed with about 4 or 5 people, each for about 30-40 minutes. It’s a smaller company so I got to meet the President, a VP (who also was the hiring manager), and a bunch of other engineers/consultants. I left the interview thinking “man, I really want to work here”! I ended up getting an offer on the spot before I left. The offer met my target salary and the benefits were close to what I needed so I signed right then and there. I’m very happy that I did!

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected. However, the most challenging part was being able to effectively communicate all of the soft skills without sounding vague and nebulous.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My wife had just recieved an offer with her future company so I had to make a decision very quickly. Base2 knew this and accomodated me very well - I got an offer on the spot. The offer met my target salary and the benefits were what I needed so there was little need to negotiate. I mentioned during the phone interviews that I could only make the move if I got relocation so they provided that that in the offer.

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was worst that I have been through. I applied online, passed a phone screen, and went through an on site interview. A day after the interview, the recruiter called me and said that I got the job but I had to wait 3-5 weeks for the position to open. Yesterday, I received an email stating the job had gone to a previous employee. Essentially a bait and switch of the position, I sill can't believe it.

Interview Questions

• An straightforward programming question and a testing question.   Answer Question

Base2 Solutions Response

13 Jul 2015 – Senior Recruiter

We strive to make everyone’s interview experience as positive as possible even when in the end we do not hire someone. In my excitement to bring back a former employee I neglected to take into... More

QA Associate Interview

Interview

I applied through the website, two weeks later the QA Associate position was no longer on the website. No email saying anything about an interview, or even an email saying they would not go forward with my application. Additionally there was no phone to contact HR personnel, so I could get an update as what my status is. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Base2 Solutions Response

29 Sep 2014 – Senior Recruiter

We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication regarding your application and we truly appreciate your feedback on the process. We discovered an error in recent changes to the set-up of our... More

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions.

Interview

Application online and received an email asking to confirm one of several times for an initial phone screen. I confirmed the same day and when that time passed and I followed up tactfully, I got a cold your email was missed without an apology. Maintaining a positive attitude, I rearranged my schedule for an additional date and time and that was honored, however I was asked of a skill that was not listed in the job description. When I said I did not have that skill, I received a response that another person at the company needs someone with this skill, with a tone like I was wasting time. After the interview, I went back to the job description and it still didn't have that skill listed as a requirement or even a preferred. I never heard from anyone at the company again. Every couple of months it seems the same position is advertised with that same "required skill" not listed. I felt like I wasted my time with an opening that I was destined to fail from the beginning as if I wasn't wanted to apply there so a missed appointment, a cold "missed email", then asked for a skill not posted on the ad.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about a skill that was not listed on the job advertisement.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.