Base2 Solutions Reviews

4.5
Base2 Solutions Executive Team Mike Haldeman
Mike Haldeman
0 Rating
Pros
  • "More than lip service is paid to work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "Challenging projects, great people to collaborate with, culture of constant learning/growing, flexible work schedules to some degree(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This is not really a negative, but be aware if considering Base2(in 11 reviews)

• "I'm usually at the client site (due to my job role)(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Still a great place to work

Jun 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great projects, everyone's empowered to do their best, great local leadership.

Cons

Losing a little bit of competitiveness in the local market due to the Belcan acquisition.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

great place to work

Jun 20, 2021 - Advisory Systems Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

salary, bonuses, strong leadership, listening

Cons

belcan sale may change culture

3. The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Simply the best people I've worked with, hands down.

May 20, 2021 - Advisory Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management that actually puts its staff first

Cons

A corporate parent that doesn't understand the software consultancy business

5. 3.0

Good company, decreasing benefits

May 17, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Base2 has a small company feel and the leadership tries to help the employees however they can, within their power

Cons

Benefits (401k, medical, etc.) decreased after merge with Belcan

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 8, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small community of highly skilled co-workers. Great support by management.

Cons

Still working through merger with Belcan.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work!

Mar 29, 2021 - Systems Engineer in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team of People and transparent communication.

Cons

Current merge with bigger corporation will impact the culture.

8. 5.0

Great Company

Dec 7, 2020 - Staff Officer in Springfield, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Direct contact with company owner.

Cons

Small company. Might not have all of the resources that bigger companies have.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Base2 Is Not What It Used To Be

Jul 14, 2020 - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Profit Sharing Bonus is nice. Work-from-home flexibility is nice (now due to Covid). USED TO BE a great place to work when the company was smaller and could operate on their own. Now that they were bought by Belcan and are under their management - HUGE difference. Better read the Belcan company reviews on Glassdoor.

Cons

Company process for Job Performance/Reviews is terrible. They surprise you with criticism for small one-time incidents without any prior discussion with you. They don't train their supervisors on how to be a Leader. They have lots of "Talks" about Leadership - but they DON'T "Walk the Talk". People seem to leave for lack of opportunity for growth. Before hiring in with this company in 2015, I worked for a top corporation as a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer - leading an international group of 10 testers on large automated test projects (unfortunately the company moved). At Base2, I worked by myself on manual testing - I never had any growth opportunity (I think I moved backwards). This company also does a lot of "reorganizations" - every year I had a different supervisor.

5 people found this review helpful

Base2 Solutions Response

EVP & GM

I am sorry about the experience you had at Base2. Although it is true that Base2 was acquired by Belcan, it doesn’t sound like your concerns are related to the acquisition. Although most acquisitions will result in some changes, for the most part there has been very little change with the Base2 acquisition. I hope this provides some perspective on the items you have highlighted. - Base2 continues to make the list of one of the best places to work, even as recently as June of this year. But we aren’t resting on those laurels and we recognize there continues to be room for improvement. Performance reviews are challenging, and we have worked hard to ensure that our review process is constructive for all involved. As part of our effort to continually improve in all aspects of our company, we have provided our leadership with training on performance management, and will continue to provide such training in the future. Our preference would be that no employee first hear about a concern in a written review. None of us would want to be treated that way and I believe we strive to ensure that doesn’t happen. - We do provide formal training to our leadership team and we work hard to continuously train and mentor all staff. We aren’t perfect, but we certainly try to be “Walking the Talk”. - We hire an experienced workforce for consulting. It is what our customers need. Most of our staff held leadership roles at previous companies and use those skills to help our customers solve their most challenging problems. We try to be very clear when we hire staff that there is a wide variety of work that we might be doing. It is also true that we are a small company. We have been continuously growing during our 8 year history and that has provided new opportunities for many of our staff. - We will never treat employees like a number. We are careful to make sure that any separation is a last resort that is only exercised when there are no other options. I am sorry that your time at Base2 didn’t work out. Ron Hopkins, EVP & GM

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Place To Work

Jun 2, 2020 - Software
      Business Outlook

Pros

The People, The Work, Benefits

Cons

Honestly can't think of one thing

1 person found this review helpful
    11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work - Hard Work

May 7, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant focus on what's right for the people They mean it when they say "People are our most valued resource". Really good people - I enjoy the people, and am proud to be part of the team Freedom to take the initiative AND rewarded for taking the initiative

Cons

It's very hard work, but reasonable hours. (This is not really a negative, but be aware if considering Base2.) I'm usually at the client site (due to my job role). Some of the client's environments well, suck.

2 people found this review helpful

Base2 Solutions Response

CEO

We try to keep the company as flat as possible. You won’t find a culture of micro-management at Base2, we couldn’t be successful if we did. We hire the best, empower them, and make sure there is a team of people to support them when/if they need it. It has worked since Base2 was formed, and we don’t envision any changes going forward. Thanks for the review and glad you are seeing those principles in practice.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Reviews