Base2 Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.7
Base2 Solutions CEO Ron Hopkins
Ron Hopkins
Pros
Cons
  • "I can't say I've had any negative experiences in my time working for Base2 as of yet(in 8 reviews)

• "Might as well be full time at client site(in 5 reviews)

1. "Best workplace"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

They really care about their employees. Everyone is highly knowledgeable. Base2 has an atmosphere of learning, innovating and growing.

Cons

No cons. It's a great work space.

Base2 Solutions2019-08-13
  2. "Very Talented Consulting Team"

Current Employee - Advisory Systems Engineer

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very capable software developers and systems engineers.

Cons

Moving to a consulting environment can be a major change for many people.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on building an agile and talented team!

Base2 Solutions2019-08-06

"Too many re-orgs"

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, nice people, comfortable environment

Cons

Management keeps changing structure every 6-12 months. They get some idea in their head that they need to fix something (that isn't broken) and shift the whole management structure around. Sometimes they get it wrong and move in a direction that goes against what they say they believe in. They are losing their "people" culture that was so unique to them. A couple years ago, I would have given them a 5 star.

Advice to Management

Stop changing the management structure every 6-12 months. You make re-organization decisions trying to fix something - but you're not really understanding what the problem is so your solution doesn't fix it. We've done this enough times already. If sales and business development isn't where you want it to be, hire more sales and business development people - don't just add another management layer thinking that... is going to fix it.

Base2 Solutions2019-05-06

May 15, 2019CEO

Unfortunately we are not doing a good enough job of explaining the intent behind the changes since you are feeling this way. Our continued growth year over year has been the primary driver behind change. We are committed to creating an organization that provides the support our people need regardless of our size. We have spent the last two months trying to determine how we can address some of the challenges that have developed without losing the elements that are working well. We started sharing some of the changes with a few people to get feedback which is still influencing the final structure. As we officially roll out the changes, I hope you will get a better understanding of why changes are being made and what we hope to accomplish. I would be very interested in understanding what problems you think we should be addressing and I hope you will contact me to share that. Thank you for the feedback, Ron Hopkins, CEO

4. "Great people, great offices, great work"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

At Base2 you get a chance to work on a number of interesting projects. The project diversity allows you to learn while being presented with new challenges.

Cons

Traffic in and out of Bellevue can be a bit of a challenge.

Base2 Solutions2019-04-26

May 2, 2019CEO

Thank you for the review. I am glad you are enjoying working at Base2. You are right about the traffic. It is challenging not just in Bellevue, but all of the Puget Sound it seems. We have placed our office in a central location to try and reduce the impact on our staff. I wish it was something we could change. Thanks again for your post. Ron Hopkins, CEO

5. "Great company with outstanding team work"

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is super helpful in delivering value to our customers.

Cons

None at this time as far as I can observe.

Base2 Solutions2019-03-17

May 2, 2019CEO

I really appreciate the note on our staff. We believe it is important to foster an environment that is collaborative and supportive. We can deliver more value to our customers when we work together.. Thank your for the feedback. Ron Hopkins, CEO

6. "Our People are Our Most Important Asset - And they Mean It"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at many places and heard "Our People are our most important asset" and knew the company didn't mean it." Base 2 leadership means it and I've been impressed at the ways they treat people, offer training and bring people together. Great benefits, flexible schedule and support your work.

Cons

None that I've found.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Base2 Solutions2019-03-11

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with Base2 for just over 4 months. This is my fourth consulting position in over 20 years so I guess you can say I’ve been around the block. First and foremost, the People! The staff are very friendly and professional. From the CEO to Operations, to Marketing and HR, the entire team works hard to make you feel at home and provide you with the help and support you need. We all invest a significant... amount of our life at work so it matters to enjoy the Company and the people we interact with. The CEO is very approachable and does encourage an open door policy. He openly discusses and shares company's vision and near-term and long-term goals. There is a lot of energy and drive to grow and to expand and most importantly to diversify into different industries. This is refreshing because it will reflect in the company's good health and long-term prospects.

Cons

I would like the company to consider better vacation policy.

Advice to Management

Nothing at the moment.

Base2 Solutions2019-03-08
  8. "I'm lucky to work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Base2 team is a tight knit group of engineers who genuinely care about each other, their projects and their customers. I feel like the business will always strive to do the right thing by it's staff and customers, with a strong focus on value and commitment over profitability. I'm lucky to work somewhere with that strong an ethic.

Cons

It can be hard to get to know people outside of your own projects.

Advice to Management

All the social activities are great, but try and find new ways to connect the staff outside of work m

Base2 Solutions2019-03-06

"Best Place I Have Worked"

Current Employee - Systems Engineering Team Lead in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Benefits improving year-on-year. - Smart and friendly people. - Leadership that cares about people. - A culture of always doing the right thing for the client. - Good sharing of information: quarterly communications meetings, "State of Base2" teleconferences, and "brown bag" lunch presentations.

Cons

Some projects involve working most of your time at a client site rather than the home office. This can be rewarding but it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work maintaining the culture and improving business processes as the business grows.

Base2 Solutions2019-03-01
  10. "Solid company with lots of potential"

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

- smaller, healthy work environment - smart people who respect and trust each other - continuously trying to improve - competitive compensation package

Cons

- stronger vacation and or flexible time options - refreshingly transparent, but need to improve flow downs

Base2 Solutions2019-03-11