Bazaarvoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Bazaarvoice Interview Questions

Interviews at Bazaarvoice

3.2

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Pretty typical interview process for a sales engineering type of role. Heard from a recruiter a week or two after applying online. Then the hiring manager. Then a colleague on the same team. Then a sales demo/presentation for several folks from sales and technology teams.

I thought the whole thing went pretty well. They kept the process moving and were pretty communicative about next steps, even as they passed me between a couple of different recruiting contacts.

All of the conversations I had were great. Answered all of my questions, really open and honest about the company and the relevant teams. Very casual and friendly opportunities to get to know each other via phone and video calls. Though I did feel like the calls were cut a little short sometimes (I think 45 mins is a good interview duration, but I like to ask a lot of questions).

The last step was a mock sales presentation, which is ubiquitous in the sales hiring process. They gave me a project brief to introduce the scenario, and unlike other companies I've interviewed with, the document was adequately descriptive, helpful, and included everything I needed to get started. But they also scheduled a call with the hiring manager to go over any questions and help me prepare; he gave me some good tips about my audience and what they would want to see, emphasizing that he wanted me to succeed. They also suggested a reasonable time limit (5 hours) for preparation, so I didn't feel like I was actually expected to do someone else's work for free, which is how this type of thing seems sometimes.

Demo day came, and I gave it my best shot. I dealt with a few technical hiccups, and maybe I failed to put all of my true personality into it that day, but the audience was patient, engaged, and supportive. They listened to my pitch, played their assigned roles, and gave really good feedback afterward. I would have loved to join that SC team, but in the end, the recruiter called the following week to let me know they had chosen a different candidate. No hard feelings.

Interview Questions

• The demo project was just "Pretend you're presenting to executives from potential customer X. Here are some assumptions from previous conversations. Run some technical discovery, demonstrate our product, and manage time & objections. Use any medium you want for the presentation. Here's some relevant product documentation to focus on, and here's a couple of existing customer pages you can use to demonstrate Bazaarvoice reviews and ratings. Don't go into the weeds, and don't go over the time limit."   Answer Question
    • I don't remember the specific questions, but they did mention that all candidates are asked the same short list of qualifying interview questions. Just standard technology and team/culture stuff.   Answer Question

20 Aug 2020 – Head of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience. Hopefully if another role comes up in the future that looks like a good fit for you we'd welcome to see a future application. But in the meantime best of luck with your search.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in June 2020.

Interview

Pretty standard process. Applied online and set up time to speak with their lead recruiter. I was very impressed and please with this conversation. One of the more knowledgable recruiters I have spoken with and I could tell he was very invested in his job. Convo went well and I was pretty much told I'd advance eon the spot.

2nd Round was with a leader in the Success org. Very conversational with no gotcha questions.

About 12 days passed and on a Sunday the recruiter reached out to give me some insight into what was going on. I appreciated the transparency but essentially it sounded like they did not have their stuff together and ended up giving preference to some internal candidates in the interview process and that they would have me interview for another team with open reqs. I was told to expect follow up the next week but that did not happen.

I ended up being ghosted or forgotten about, which was pretty disappointing considering the current state of affairs with Covid and unemployment.

Interview Questions

• Why Bazaarvoice?
      Tell me what you know about what we do?   Answer Question

30 Jul 2020 – Head of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to give us the feedback on your experience. Seems like it everything was going well until the miss on our part with communication at the end. I am sorry we did not follow up after indicating that we would do so. I will flag with team and try and uncover what went on. I hope this would not deter you from applying again in the future.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

TLDR: The coding problems consist of classical Cracking The Coding Interview stuff and no single problem was overly difficult. But I would still recommend to properly prepare since it’s a different beast to solve these problems on a whiteboard - even if they are a rather easy if you are sitting at home on your couch with your favorite IDE. Furthermore, be prepared to cover _a lot_ of topics: The interviewers (most of them are very experienced) asked me questions that covered everything from low-level data structure and implementation stuff to design, scalability, QA, DevOps, development methodologies and leadership. Last but not least: The recruiter I worked with (Michael) did an outstanding job - he was very engaged and kept me informed about every step in the process.

Step 0: A recruiter got in touch with me on LinkedIn / initial call with the recruiter

The interview process consisted of 7 steps:

Step 1: Phone Interview with the Hiring Manager

A roughly 45 minutes long phone interview with the hiring manager. This was actually a little bit tricky since I interviewed for 2 different roles at the same time. That made the conversation until the end of the interview process a little bit less straight forward compared to the case where you know exactly which role you are applying for.

Step 2: Technical phone screen

A software engineer administered a coding challenge via CodePair. It started with a fairly easy tree construction / processing exercise. The interviewer then incrementally added more requirements and asked some behavioral question in the end.

Step 3 (on-site): 1 hour whiteboard coding session

Two software engineers conducted a 1-hour whiteboard coding session that covered basic data structure stuff. While it was not too difficult, you should be confident writing compilable code on a whiteboard.

Step 4 (on-site): 1 hour lunch with the hiring manager

A (obviously) less technical session without any whiteboarding. Gave both me and the hiring manager a chance to talk in more detail about both roles. The hiring manager also asked a lot of process related questions: Which development methodology (e.g. Scrum vs Kanban) do I prefer and why? What is my take on TDD? Stuff like this.

Step 5 (on-site): 1 hour whiteboard system design session

One software engineer and a DevOps manager conducted a 1-hour whiteboard system design session. The task was to design a scalable web application. Should not be too difficult if you have done that before.

Step 6 (on-site): 1 hour DevOps / QA Q&A session

A 1 hour conversation with two DevOps / QA engineers. Boy, I don’t even recall how many topics we touched. Felt like we talked about every single topic you can discuss about in software engineering world.

Step 7 (on-site): 1 hour whiteboard coding session

Ironically, the initial task (some in-place string manipulation stuff) was the easiest problem I was given so far. But I made the mistake to define my test cases only as set of parameters (I did not write down the expected values). The result was that I had to keep track of two different things while manually debugging my code: What should the algorithm do vs. what does the algorithm do. This threw me off big time and I was not able to fully recover from my brain freeze (since at this time I did not really see the root cause). So I just struggled through it until the end.

Interview Questions

Bazaarvoice Response

29 Mar 2019 – Head of Talent

Thank you for your feedback on your interview process. I am very glad to hear it was a positive experience and that you have accepted our offer - best of luck and hopefully will get to meet you soon.

Content Analyst Interview

Interview

There was a written exam and an online interview followed by a phone interview and then an onsite visit to present a plan to a round table of team members and managers who were able to ask questions

Interview Questions

Bazaarvoice Response

13 Feb 2019

Thanks you for your comments. I am glad to see you have accepted the an offer so best of luck in your new role.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Phone - convo with recruiter.
    2. Phone - technical interview (remote coding was involved).
    3. On-site - four 1-on-1, 45-minute technical interviews with staff/senior engineers and a 2-on-1 lunch interview with management.
    4. Phone - negotiations with recruiter.

Interview Questions

• If you’ve built multiple, legitimate web apps, you’ll be fine. All challenges were fair, relevant, and fun.   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen followed by a phone screen with a manager and then an in-person mock Discovery call and followed by immediate critique and then two to three in-person interviews. You will have one recruiter that will work with you through the process. I was on-site for about three hours.

For sales, I thought this was a good hiring process. The situational setup required a fair amount of work beforehand but was helpful for me to get an understanding of the company.

Interview Questions

• Stack tank these four characteristics to describe you: curiosity, intelligence, hard-worker, coachable.   1 Answer
    • What excites you about working at Bazaarvoice?   1 Answer
    • Prior to the interview they give you a company to research and set up a scenario in which you would be leading a discovery call with members from sales, marketing, and marketing support.   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen -> First round interview -> Mock cold email -> Second Round Interview -> Third Round In-person Interview w/ Mock Sales Discovery call -> Offer. Difficult but its good to know they weed out weak candidates. I had to spend 5 hours preparing for the final round interview as the mock discovery call required tons of research. Coordinated a call with 3 of the teams top salespeople. Intimidating but rewarding. Overall the entire process was great. The recruiter was super helpful and kind. Matt Kelso is the man.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Pretty traditional consisting of a phone screen, phone call with hiring manager, 3+ hours of in-person interviews, followed by a final project. Everyone was very polite, smart, and asked the right questions during my interview. I loved the personal touch of the thank you note at the beginning of my on-site interviews. Bazaarvoice was at the top of my list for career considerations, but timing was bad (they had a company kickoff after my interview) and as a result there was no momentum until two-weeks after my on-site interviews. I ended up taking another offer since I had interviewed with several other companies during that time.

Interview Questions

• - Name a product launch that didn't go well
      - How do you like to be managed   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Pretty standard. Contacted by a recruiter (Travis-- the best!), spoke with hiring manager, interviewed on-site with ~5 people, came back for a test/presentation, got an offer that afternoon!

Client Services Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

The recruiting process was a mess. After the recruiter rescheduled a phone screening via email (minutes after it was suppose to be begin), she forgot to follow up and finally rescheduled for a week later.

Apparently, if you’re referred to a position by a current employee, they set up a call up no matter what. The call seemed to be going well until I asked about salary and then the recruiter started to talk about me being referred by my ex colleague and how they wanted to reach out to me because of him, but they were looking for a Senior level candidate.

Never did the job description say anything about senior-level status prerequisites. When I mentioned this, the recruiter acted surprised and said she “literally didn’t know about this until yesterday.”

I understand the need for qualified candidates in a senior-level role, but this just felt like a runaround especially since I have the experience for the associate role I applied for the begin with.

I was initially excited about this company, but it seems like the employee reviews are quite accurate.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment in your last role?   Answer Question

1 Mar 2018 – Director, People & Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m sorry your overall experience was suboptimal and that your initial call was rescheduled.

We strive to be transparent as possible with candidates, but as elements of our business change, we must at times pivot, which can include hiring needs. I agree with you that the process could have been smoother for you as a candidate and will work with our team to improve.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.