Bazaarvoice Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Bazaarvoice CEO Keith Nealon
Keith Nealon
1 Rating
Pros
Cons
  • "Money-driven, party culture where work/life balance is binge drinking with your team but not having actual freedom to take time off(in 14 reviews)

• "this is not an innovative company with growth opportunities for the Austin market at all anymore, and the senior leadership REALLY doesn't get it(in 11 reviews)

1. "Software engineer"

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

Good work culture. Good salary

Cons

Office space and less strength

Bazaarvoice2019-10-24
  2. "Most exciting time to join: time of my life"

Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the first time I've worked at a company that thrives on trust. I'm really privileged to work with passionate professionals who don't rub their expertise in your face. I'm loving being in Belfast, where the majority of product is based. Multiple teams are here, and I get to work with them. I get a great sense of product ownership here, with complete autonomy to perform at my best. The culture is continually evolving, and we're getting more established. With a new office manager and a new CEO for 2020, we're well on our way for being innovative market leaders. And we just get to go along with the ride. There's the perks & benefits which are awesome.

Cons

It's been 3 months so far since joining. All the negative things are being fixed, and even in a few months I'm seeing massive progress. Like getting the entire Belfast office aligned, building stronger teams and more efficient calibration. I'm genuinely excited to see progress happen. Watch this space, it's going to blossom further into a pretty epic product company.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for product-centric teams.

Bazaarvoice2020-01-16
  3. "I've been at BV for less than a year, but so far it has been great!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, super supportive management, exciting team environment. Also, the perks are nice too.

Cons

the onboarding process leaves a little to be desired, especially the self paced training, but its doable and I've had assistance from management and my coworkers.

Bazaarvoice2020-01-08
  4. "Great in the begining....then mgmt issues, competition etc. led to utter stagnation"

Former Employee - Individual Contributor in Austin, TX

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work/life balance for a while...when it still acted like a startup.

Cons

Poor management, NEVER had a clear career path.

Advice to Management

.....get out while you can?

Bazaarvoice2020-01-09

"Bright future likely to be impacted by severely inexperienced management team"

Former Employee - Account Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Market-leading product, great recent acquisition, good growth trajectories, very smart people in product, engineering and marketing teams. Competition - despite a cluttered market, Bazaarvoice is a leading force with a great product that is only growing. You get a whole load smarter about this industry when you work at Bazaarvoice because of how connected with consumers their product is.

Cons

If you look at the entire customer success and sales leadership team you will find that the majority of leaders have come up from junior, individual contributor roles and worked up the ranks. This used to be an admirable quality of Bazaarvoice, however the current leadership team has had limited if any management training or coaching. Any training that has been given is either 1) reactive to poor performance or complaints 2) years after they entered the role, or 3) inconsistent across the leadership teams The current leadership team is totally in over their heads in terms of knowing how to manage effectively, but more concerningly they act with a carelessness and wrecklessness that is totally inappropriate - think binge drinking, workplace gossiping and general high school behavior. There is more focus on getting these leaders trained on HR regulations than empowering them to be successful for both them and their teams. It’s a ‘just don’t get caught’ culture. If you are applying to Bazaarvoice for the qualities it used to be known for, don’t apply - it is now just another Austin SAAS company trying to find its way. Sales individuals can easily earn +30% higher in other comparable sales roles. Bazaarvoice leadership is aware of this but has not taken action (outside of moving 401k pay from a terrible to an average %)

Advice to Management

Create clear metrics that are consistent across all teams - work towards a mutual goal rather than fighting unrelated battles. Hold yourself accountable to the responsibility, not just the power that your role has brought you.

Bazaarvoice2019-12-03
  6. "Not a place to thrive"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Certain departments appear to be thriving with managers who care. Can be a good place to build wealth if that is your primary goal.

Cons

Burnout is expected and accepted. Sleazy environment with literal cash being handed under the table to manipulate others. Extremely stressed employees who are expected to put in time at home/ over weekends and give up breaks. Money-driven, party culture where work/life balance is binge drinking with your team but not having actual freedom to take time off. The unlimited PTO is actually a way management keeps employees in office as much as possible. "Coaching" consists of blaming you for not doing enough and making sure you know you haven't proven yourself yet. Those who have "proven" themselves are put into senior roles even if they lack emotional intelligence, empathetic and managerial skills. They are untouchable from that point on, never receiving feedback and priding themselves for being workaholics and expecting that of others. Base pay is well below the city/ state/ national average. The company is also in a tough place with competitors.

Advice to Management

Listen to every employee and customer anonymously via an independent 3rd party. Don't ignore what you find. Spend less money on alcohol and drinking events to invest in employee trust and real work/ life benefits.

Bazaarvoice2019-12-19
  7. "The best Reviews software for clients, but sometimes we make it hard internally!"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Allowed to manage our own portfolio, including new business, up-sells and renewals. Influenster acquisition is super-exciting and opens up lots of opportunity to sell to new targets in accounts.

Cons

Some of the leadership decisions can seem US focused, with UK and Europe as an after-thought.

Advice to Management

Clear guidance of plans for next six months and onwards.

Bazaarvoice2019-11-12
  8. "Good flexible part-time job"

Current Employee - Content Analyst

I have been working at Bazaarvoice part-time for more than a year

Pros

This job was perfect for being a part-time opportunity and offered flexible hours that you could choose to work as long as you fulfilled the 14hour/wk minimum.

Cons

There were no opportunities for growth

Bazaarvoice2019-11-07

"Great coworkers/ Poor Managers/ Really low pay"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, mostly are young and passionate. Tech stack is good.

Cons

Management doesn't know what they are doing. Also the pay is really really low, comparing just to average tech companies.

Bazaarvoice2019-11-17

"Poor Management otherwise fine"

Former Employee - Senior Revenue Accountant
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

For an accountant, the lack of formality is refreshing. Shorts, tshirts, sandles, noone cares what you wear and most of the time the work load is reasonable.

Cons

Managment has some pretty large scale flaws, but micromanagement was one of the worst. If you dont mind someone literally watching you type out formulas, it's not that bad.

Bazaarvoice2019-11-06