Blue Fountain Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Blue Fountain Media

2.7

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Fountain Media (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Honestly, the hiring and interviewing process was a complete waste of my time and energy. 5... yes, FIVE interview rounds with an ask for 6. I spent hours of planning, research and practicing for a job that they never intended to hire me for. Completely ghosted by their HR rep that could barely remember to send me the Zoom conference links and abruptly hung up on me when I inquired about the hiring timeline after waiting patiently for a month and a half.
    Completely unprofessional especially during Covid to treat a candidate, let alone a person like this.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Fountain Media (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Skype only interview never spoke to a human. Interview seemed like it was computer generated. After being told i was hired, I never heard back and was told I did not finish the interview even though i was told through skype that i was hired.

Interview Questions

Blue Fountain Media Response

21 Feb 2020 – Director of HR

On behalf of BFM, we are so incredibly sorry for this experience. PLEASE NOTE THIS WAS NOT US as we are dealing with a group of scammers posing as our hiring managers and conducting interviews over skype. All BFM interviews are scheduled via e-mail or through LinkedIn and the first round is always a phone call, second round being in person if local OR in a ZOOM conf. video meeting if remote.

Interview

Only a single Skype audio interview conducted with Marketing Manager and Marketing Director, who asked a series of questions that lasted maybe 30 minutes. I believe I received a follow-up email from HR within about 2-3 weeks.

Creative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Fountain Media in August 2019.

Interview

The phone interview was one of the worst interviews I've ever had. The interviewer never asked me a single question about my background or experience, or explained anything about the BFM or the role. He just asked if I had any questions and then was condescending when answering. Basically I had to run the whole phone interview. I could also hear talking in the background and phones ringing, which was extremely distracting.

Senior Information Architect & User Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Fountain Media (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter to review process and experience match. Fairly lazy "tell me about yourself" questions and high level discussion of their needs but it was clear he hadn't seen my work and didn't understand some of the basic process and concepts I was talking about. Didn't really answer a lot of my questions about how their client projects are structured or how the team interacts with each other. It seems the job description was maybe cut and pasted from elsewhere, a lot of general disconnects and red flags around how the business was run and how teams collaborate or what that output looks like.

The job went from a full time staff role then they asked if I would be interested in freelance which I was open to at the time.

No update as promised days later. After emailing for an update they said they went forward with other candidates (probably more junior, read: cheaper). They said they would follow up in a couple months as their project needs change.

I noticed the same position posted again so I sent a follow up note and they responded with a note saying that they are looking for "someone who specializes in HCI and Library Science as opposed to design and dev". Which is the opposite of the regurgitated job description they keep posting. Big fat red flag that they lack any consideration for design maturity as an organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experiences and process in some recent projects.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Spring Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Blue Fountain Media in February 2018.

Interview

I got an email from the recruiter to schedule an informational call few hours after applying online. The phone call was two days later, which was about 15 min long. The recruiter went through some internships details like what is the start-end date, what would the mentorship be, etc. Then, a few questions were asked - tell me about your design process of a work you've done on your portfolio. Describe your proficiency in UX software. Finally, a short Q&A session. Around four days after the phone call, I got a decline email from the recruiter. Just be aware that the "informational call" is somehow a short interview and be prepared for it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your design process of a work you've done on your portfolio   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Fountain Media (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty standard process, first starting with an introductory email then phone call. Phone call only lasted about 2-3 minutes asking generic questions. Third part of the process was an in person interview with the client partners.

Interview Questions

• How do you reach more people with a Facebook post without boosting or using a paid ad?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Fountain Media in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email for a phone screen for a open Marketing Manager position.

Outside of the recruiter being 15 minutes late to the call, he was very rude and came off as if he wasn't listening to any of the answers I was providing to his questions. He left a very bad taste in my mouth and because of this experience, I was thankful not to have been selected to moved forward in the process for this role. He made such a bad impression that he made me not want to work there.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Fountain Media (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was an interview over the phone, the hiring manager called and asked questions related to my role, he also described the duties associated with that role and different phases of the interview.

Digital Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Fountain Media (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a prompt request for a screening interview. That went well and they scheduled a 2nd interview. That was an absolute disaster. I sold my last eCommerce business (my 2nd) in 2014 and have been consulting since then, with a portfolio of work. The interviewer wasn't convinced I was who I said I was. It was extraordinary, and insulting.

Interview Questions

• So...why now have you decided that you are ready to "go back to work"?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.