Boyd Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Boyd Gaming Interview Questions

Interviews at Boyd Gaming

2.2

Accounting Interview

Interview

The interview was for an internship but the interviewers made it way too formal. When asked why I wanted to join the company I gave a normal answer based on what I read online about the company but they kept asking for more details. Little things like that that were off putting for a position paying $12/hr.

Interview Questions

• What I did for fun. Why I wanted to join their company.   Answer Question

Cocktail Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

It is an hour group interview with about 20 people. It wasn’t really what I was expecting, I don’t feel like there’s much opportunity to be able to talk. We got asked two questions.

Several IT Management Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

I was asked to interview for several IT managerial roles that could have been based in PA or LV depending on the role. I had an initial phone interview, followed by 2 face-to-face interviews in PA alone. The interviews were with the actual hiring manager and would-be peers and several internal clients.
    I beleive that they might have used my seniority against me with the excuse that I would be too expensive as they're justification for no offer for any of the openings. Also, I believe that the hiring manager could not muster the managerial courage needed to actually make a decision without engaging in analysis paralysis or cya consensus.

Interview Questions

• How do you change culture of entitlement in teams that demonstrate job security attitudes when trying to engage?   Answer Question
    • How do instill a sense of urgency into a service group   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Extensive and Fun panel interview that took about 30 mins to complete. Large group of applicants. This process was designed to determine if you were a good candidate for working in a casino environment.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview after few days. The questions were from generic to specific which is usually being done. However, after they asked the questions from their list, the hiring manager asked me a question which I think was subjective and inappropriate. She asked "How would you know that you made the right choice?" The moment I hit the submit button regardless from what company I came from, I know I am making the right choice to try and go for the career I've been wanted. Yet, after the interview I felt she was skeptical towards me. Few weeks after, I saw another opening from them. And they have one now again. So I guess the employee turnover is not good; it's something to ponder.

Sever Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

comfortable setting in a group didnt feel out of place made friends in the groups was a whole lot of fun for a pre screening process

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Gulfport, MS (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online on March 25th.. I was contacted for an interview that following Thursday (28th) and had the actual interview Friday. I received an email and contacted by phone Monday (Apr. 1) saying that I had the job in which I had to attend a drug screening and fill out paperwork later that evening. My official first day will be later this month

Interview Questions

• It really didn’t feel like an interview. The interviewer did most of the talking to explain what the job detailed and just asked if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Cage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mulvane, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Mulvane, KS (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Put in application online, called within two weeks from recently promoted manager, who would be direct supervisor. Came in and interviewed with the recently promoted manager and finance director. Was informed it was salaried and for graveyard shift, which is busiest shift and accountable for over a million in assets. 2 weeks later was offered job, tried to negotiate due to very low salary, long hours, late shift, great responsibility, and combination of past experience and college education. They called back next day and would NOT negotiate so they said they moved on to another candidate.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Peoria, IL (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The process is actually long.. First you get a interview 1:1 & if u meet requirements u get scheduled to come in the next day for paperwork & fitting for your uniform. Then after that you scheduled to come in a couple more days You have to do fingers printing & Drug test (Hair Sample) at your choice of health clinic, etc. Your then scheduled about a week later until your results are back in to determine it all. & If your Drug test & Finger printing is all good Your Hired.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming.

Interview

Panel of 3 supervisors/managers interviewed me. Basic IT questions alongside some moral questions about doing the right/wrong thing given a situation. Some thinking outside the box questions were asked but nothing difficult if you ever spent time in front of a computer.

Interview Questions

• What kind of animal would you be if you could be any animal? (out of the box, ease you in to the interview type of question)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.