Brake Check Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

1.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brake Check

Brake Check

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Brake Check in May 2020

Interview

Very Simple. Met with AVP and went over numbers and expectations. Also had a test. Trash was strategically placed. Manager picks up to see if you have the overall integrity to pick up trash. personality index taken as well

Interview Questions
  • Do you feel comfortable buying own tools?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brake Check (Houston, TX) in Apr 2019

Interview

Short interview with standard interview questions. Goes over the role and responsibilities of the position you are applying for. Asks questions pertaining to you and not a work in environment sense, it an attempt to know you outside of a work environment.

Interview Questions
  • What would make you a good fit for our company?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Brake Check (San Antonio, TX)

Interview

The Vice President of Operations, Allen Hakes, was 35 minutes late. He treats you like cattle. 5 people at a time in the interview and 10 people in the front lobby. One guy had been waiting 1 hour and 10 minutes. If you go in with the herd you will not be hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brake Check (Houston, TX) in Apr 2014

Interview

fairly easy.. know about cars.. passed orientation..was simple after orientation they gave me the job and uniform and sent me to work 3 days later. It was very quick, and they provided hands on training.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Brake Check (Houston, TX) in Feb 2014

Interview

Did my research on the Company this site. The reviews for the most part are fairly accurate. I did not even apply to this company, they pulled my resume from TX Work Solutions website and called me in for an interview. I have been in retail for nearly 18 years and I have never had an interview where 5 candidates were scheduled at the same time. We were all called into the conference room at the same time and asked to speak about ourselves. The VP of Operations (Allen Yakes) was the interviewer. After we finished he gave us the spill on the company’s background and what they were looking for in management candidates. After he finished we were told that 2nd interviews would be scheduled later in the week and if you are chosen to continue in the process expect a phone call. I received a call and email from their recruiter (Irene Bellard) to come in for a 2nd interview at one of their locations for a Single or Multi Unit management position (DON’T BELIEVE THE PITCH). I went to the interview and sat waiting 20 minutes and the interview took all of 3 minutes. I was asked, "what can you bring to the company that no one else can?" followed by "How would you handle an employee that's not doing a repair job the way you were trained to do it?" Then I was told, "You are what we are looking for in a manager and I want to offer you a job." He asked what my salary requirement where and that's when he decided to let me know that new hires have to learn the business first before given his on single unit store, so all new managers start off as a Service Manager in Training to learn the repair side of the business and the base pay is between $500 and $650 weekly. After you master that you move into the sales side of the business and then into a Store Director's position and you will be paid 40K plus 16% of comp sells which is paid every 4 weeks. I thought "OK" I don't have any automotive background (which they tell you is not necessary or required and considering the Owners came from a restaurant background that would be like the pot calling the kettle black) that maybe it wasn't such a bad idea, so I asked if I could get back to him later in the day with an answer. Well you know what they say about "first impressions” i.e., The King Author round-table interview and having to wait 20 minutes after my scheduled interview time to be seen. Well to make matters worse, I had to call the VP of Operations 3 times with 3 messages to get a call back for me to accept the offer. When he did call back I wasn't able to answer the phone and he didn't bother to leave a message. I called him back and he finally answered his phone. I told him I would like to accept the position and he was happy I decided to come on board with them. He was going to get in contact with their recruiter and have her email me the paperwork to fill out and send back to her, then he would set a date for me to meet with him to get me started with orientation classes. Well, 3 days later and 3 phone calls to him and 4 to his recruiter I finally got an email with the paperwork. I just have a feeling this is just the beginning of a nightmare and a look at things to come with this company...Communication thus far is a concern. I am sticking with my gut feelings on this one and not fill out the paperwork and keep searching for a better opportunity. I just declined the job offer. Hope this helps!!

Interview Questions
  • What can you bring to the company that no else can?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brake Check (San Antonio, TX) in Aug 2013

Interview

Met with the VP Operations in San Antonio at a Brake Check. Spoke about my work history and discussed the opportunities available at Brake Check. I spent a few hours at different locations speaking with managers and techs about Brake Check. I was hooked after that.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 1 year? 5 years?

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brake Check (San Antonio, TX) in Apr 2013

Interview

The interview was very informal. The interviewer was more than 30 minutes late and did not seem to care that they were late. The questions were remedial for non-salary staff. After 10 minutes, I was offered the job. Training was less than a week and then sent to a store. The sales training was too basic even with lack of experience in automotive. I was promoted in less than two weeks from MIT to Service Manager.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me the different parts in the braking system.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brake Check (Houston, TX) in Mar 2013

Interview

The interview I had lasted only about two mins, I have been in management for two decades, I was basically asked to drive to a few locations and if interested in offer call the recruiter ansd accept employment. However under the new vice presedent of operations your interview will be such as they are looking for leaders not managers. Dress business casual, maintain constant eye contact, be honest and put forth an energetic additude and you'll be hired.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what you can bring to the company that others cannot, why should I hire you and not the other applicants in the room waiting outside?

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brake Check (Houston, TX) in Jul 2012

Interview

poor communication with many unfulfilled promises

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Brake Check in Jul 2012

Interview

OUTSTANDING! This job or company may not be for everyone but the people are real, care and true to their word. How many companies have you had the owner of the company spend an hour talking to you and treating you as an equal and truly interested in getting to know you.

Interview Questions
  • None, you talk about you, your experience, the company, what the company stands for.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews