Broadcom Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Broadcom Interview Questions

Interviews at Broadcom

Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I apply it through internet, about 1 week later get schedule directly from hire manager, I don't prepare too much, that is my issue. Get the call in the morning, I even can't explain clearly what I do in current job, so sad.

Interview Questions

• 1, Introduce current work
      2, Teach me something right now   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Fort Collins, CO (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Had a pre-screen interview for another job at Broadcom. That job was cut due to budgets, so I was asked to interview for the Equipment Engineer position. The interview consisted of a 20-30 min presentation in front of 10-15 employees. Followed by four one hour one on ones with an additional hour long lunch with multiple employees.

Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

first phone interview
    then on site interview
    talking with 7 people in total, one is from HR

Interview Questions

talk about the clock distribution

Serial Deserializer Physical Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

8 hour interview covering various topics. standard, except they skipped a phone interview. Typically, this will happen after several phone interviews. I was not sure what to expect, and was very nervous at the prospect. But it is pretty standard in the industry, just know what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Static timing analysis questions   Answer Question
    • You have 9 coins and a scale. One coin is lighter than the rest. What is the most efficient way to find the lightest coin?   1 Answer
    • Explain DSP butterfly diagram   Answer Question
    • Various C programming questions, specially involving pointers   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Plano, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Online technical challenges and then onsite interview which goes over the problems in the technical challenges. Online technical challenges consist of both multiple choices and coding problems. The onsite interview was mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Go over the technical challenge with one of the employees   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Plano, TX (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Simple; quick; decisive.
    Two positions were available in two locations with the same manager hiring both.

Applied online and received an email from the hiring manager requesting a phone screen interview. This interview was "get to know you" and was basically running through my resume.

After that, set up an in-person panel interview with the hiring manager and two other Technical Writers. Following that panel interview, received an offer shortly thereafter.

I believe the process would have been far faster had the second position out-of-state not been in progress with the same hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about working style; experience; familiarity with software etc. It was more a conversation than a traditional Q-and-A process.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

Applied through Glassdoor. Was contacted from hiring manager about a week after submitting application and was asked to come in for an in person interview. The interview consisted of three 1 hour interviews with each interview being conducted by engineers of different seniority. First interview was discussion about the job and company with very typical interview questions. Second interview was by a senior level engineer where we went over my resume as well as my coursework. The last section was conducted by a junior level engineer where I was asked a coding question and had to write out my code on the white board. Interview was extremely fair and everyone was super nice. Was extended an offer by phone about 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your most daunting projects?   2 Answers

R&D ENGINEER SOFTWARE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Broadcom (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

It was fairly easy going, a casual interview where they asked me about my background, languages I can code in, and gave me a general idea of what goes on in the mainframe division

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to choose to work in a mainframe industry when your specialization lies in computer networking?   1 Answer

Senior Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

This is the first time I am writing a review. The first round telephonic interview was with the Hiring manager. He gave me details about the position and asked me about my experience and some high level questions. The interview was well and I got date for second round of interview. The 2nd round interviewer was so unprofessional and sounds like he is just reading a bunch of questions. He started with no greetings, no introduction. The first question was "tell me about yourself". For an hour he recited questions from a manuscript and I answered. Then I got invitation for third round of interview. Suddenly the staffing company mailed me that the position will be on hold for months. Communication from the staffing agency was so unprofessional though. Worst job search experience ever.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the director of the team. For which I responded. Then there was no follow up for a month. When I texted back, I got a call and a telephonic interview was scheduled to be taken by a engineer in his team for a vague time the same day. I got a call after 2 days. And a face to face interview was scheduled for the next day. Right before I was leaving for the interview I got the call that the interview will be telephonic later the same day, which happened well. After 2 days I got a call from the engineering manager for a face to face interview again. When I reached, again a discussion with the engineer happened which was good. Then comes in this manager who was totally absurd and RUDE from the first second. Little dignity he didn't show for the position he had. Absolutely disrespectful.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.