Broadcom Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Broadcom Interview Questions

Interviews at Broadcom

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

first phone interview
    then on site interview
    talking with 7 people in total, one is from HR

Interview Questions

• talk about the clock distribution   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. 1 round phone interview(45 mins)+onsite interview(6 hours). Asked about projects on my resume, STA, DFT techniques such as scan, Logic/memory Bist, JTAG, ATPG algorithm, stuck-at fault/transition fault, LOC/LOS and also some behavior questions. Some of the questions are not so easy for new graduates.

Interview Questions

• Draw the state diagram of the TAP controller in JTAG   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

Applied through Glassdoor. Was contacted from hiring manager about a week after submitting application and was asked to come in for an in person interview. The interview consisted of three 1 hour interviews with each interview being conducted by engineers of different seniority. First interview was discussion about the job and company with very typical interview questions. Second interview was by a senior level engineer where we went over my resume as well as my coursework. The last section was conducted by a junior level engineer where I was asked a coding question and had to write out my code on the white board. Interview was extremely fair and everyone was super nice. Was extended an offer by phone about 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your most daunting projects?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Internally referred. Went through two phone interviews, one with hiring manager, and one with a team member. For the onsite interview, met with 6 people. Mostly talked about experience listed on my resume, several simple and basic C programming questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Most C programming questions were bit-operations, nothing difficult or unexpected.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

interview process was pretty normal. 1 Phone interview consist of technical and HR and 1 onsite interview, 3 interview with manager and 2 team members.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

A little over half a day, string of meetings from people from across various teams. Technically oriented, much related to past experiences with low level hardware developement works. They also explained what the job is about

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to my previous work experience   2 Answers

Software Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Had initial phone screen back in June 2007. This was for their MPS division which works on cellular chipsets i.e. GSM/UMTS. Was invited to onsite interview. Had 4-5 interviews, all technical in nature. There was a written test as well with C programming questions. Was asked general questions about UMTS technology. Received offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How does the debugger work when setting a break point if it's a multi processor environment?   1 Answer

Software Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

easy interview. friendly atmosphere..good opportunity to learn current technologies..good salary..good benefits

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Directly onsite: As I already had 3+ exp in Netwoking Industry
    Was interviewing for Data Center Asic group
    5 (1-1) technical Interviews:
    1. Difference between C and scripting Languages
    2. No of 1's in a number
    3. Replacing bits in a 32 bit number
    4. Programming question where I had to use offset macro
    5. How does a packet traverse in a switch (describe various tables used)
    6. Semaphore implementation
    7. How does a switch decide if to switch / route the packet (MYMAC and Ip address)
    8. ARP, ICMP working
    9. static keyword use

Lot of focus on Networking and OS, overall good experience and folks were good to talk with.

Interview Questions

• how does semaphores work on multi-core machines   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Initially received an email to schedule a phone interview, i was interviewed by the manager for 30 min. Two days later i received an email for face to face. three 1:1 interviews by Manager, supervisor, and Technical head. Interview was smooth, most of the questions were related to my resume. They explained me about the project they were working currently. They showed me their lab and work space where i will be working if i was recruited. Received the response for interview after a week.

Interview Questions

• questions were easy, mostly related to my resume   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.