Cairn Energy India Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cairn Energy India Interview Questions

Interviews at Cairn Energy India

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cairn Energy India.

Interview

Internal reference, I came here to do a project for my final year of college. Did not receive any pay, but accommodation and food was provided. Stayed there until I completed my report, worked with great people.

Interview Questions

• nothing comes to mind about difficulty   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cairn Energy India.

Interview

I had applied on LinkedIn for the Internship for summer. Heard from them during the summer. Had the Technical Interview. They just asked from my resume, nothing hard. Got selected for the HR interview. It was also easy one. Just the usuall questions. Got the offer.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cairn Energy India.

Interview

In person interview, 2 people interviewed and asked about why I am interested. I went on a monologue and the interviewers liked my story. I was given offer on the spot.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dehradun

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cairn Energy India (Dehradun) in January 2019.

Interview

Aptitude test at first. Shortlisted students have a gd. Then further selected ones sit in an interview. If selected you will recieve a mail by the college. U will be given a department afterwards.

HSE Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cairn Energy India.

Interview

You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. Remember that there may be questions you did not anticipate: when this happens, breathe and take a moment to think through your experiences to find the best answers.

On the day of the interview, dress appropriately and arrive early, calm and mentally prepared. Bring a list of references if you did not already include them in the resume you submitted. And, most importantly, don’t forget to relax and be yourself.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cairn Energy India (Chandigarh) in January 2019.

Interview

Cairn visited the campus on 14th January, 2019. It offered two profiles, 1. Interns and 2. GET- Chemical Engineering.
    For GETs there was 3 steps.
    1. Shorlisting based on the CGPA
    2. Written Technical Test- 30q/30mins.
    3. Final Interview (Technical+HR)

Test consisted MCQs from Energy Technology, Petroleum Engineering, Mechnical Operations and Typical Heat Exchanger and Distillation Columns.

Half of the candidates were shortlisted for the Interview Process.
    Interview panel consisted of 4 people (2 Technical, 2 HR)

Simple HR questions, they basically wants to check if you can survive in the harsh locations of Cairn.
    In technical section they asked questions from

Pumps
    * NPSH
    *Cavitation
    *Priming
    *Pump Curves
    *Operating Line

Heat Exchanger Design

Some Reflux Related questions from MT.
    PID Controllers, P&ID Diagrams

Interview lasted for 30mins approx.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhanbad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cairn Energy India (Dhanbad) in October 2014.

Interview

1st round was written followed by GD and then personal interview. Every round was the elimination round. The written round was total technical and comprised of around 40 questions in 1 hr. GD topic was on current affairs. Interview time was around 1 hr and focused mainly on geological subjects with few HR questions.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cairn Energy India (Gurgaon, Haryana) in November 2014.

Interview

Process starts with shortlisting of CV . If shortlisted you are to attend a day at the company's office for the final process . This includes a GD followed by personal interview .

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical based questions were asked . Me being from geoscience background a lot of questions regarding petroleum geology were asked . Also some basic geoscience questions were asked . A contour map was given to establish the structure it depicted . And finally one or two HR questions were asked .   Answer Question

Engineering Trainee Interview

Interview

It was a panel interview that focused mainly on technical knowledge but also made sure to judge the candidate's willingness to work and his/her personality. The panel members were quite friendly and helped the candidate to get comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I was asked basic questions pertaining to my field. The questions were not exactly tough, but rather required a thorough remembrance of the theoretical concepts of the subjects   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cairn Energy India (Vadodara) in October 2016.

Interview

recruitment consist of two parts 1) group discussion 2) personnel interview
     in gd general topic was there after elimination selected students were called for personnel interview.whole interview was technical base and all basis question of chemical engineering was covered.

Interview Questions

• hoe to design heat exchanger?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.