Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Updated 11 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 391 of over 391 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn. First contact came after about 3 weeks. I did an online assessment and was contacted by a recruiter within a few days. Waited two weeks for first interview with recruiter , then another two weeks for meeting with service desk manager. After service desk manager was AVP, waited another two weeks for that one , then had them cancel on me at the last minute and ask for another day. Took the alternative meeting, and waited. Emailed recruiter one week after to follow up - no response. Another week and a half go by and I hear that position has been put on hold.. that I did super great but position is on hold but recruiter will let me know within two weeks. Two weeks go by, no response. So I call recruiter, leave voicemail. Another week goes by, I email. No response for another week and I get back that position is now on hold and all recruiting activity has ceased. Wasted 4 months of my life jerking me around to not even have the courtesy to tell me I didn't get it. Instead feed me some line about all recruiting has ceased. Really ? For all of Canadian Tire ? As I see lots of jobs up...

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage chat resources ?
    1 Answer

Canadian Tire

Application

I interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. I submitted a resume to my local Canadian Tire and was called in. Was required to bring my cover letter and resume along with me. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • What is your biggest strength? What is your biggest weakness? Why do you want to work here?

Canadian Tire

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview

Glassdoor needs to add the ability to rate an interview as annoying. I was asked to complete a text screening which is like texting with a chatbot. The next step was to complete a series of video recorded answers to questions. Not once in the process was I emailed or spoken with by a real person. No follow up, no feedback, just silence. Since Canadian Tire is an 'engaged employer' on this platform I hope their HR people read this. Here's some advice to them and, really, all HR people in Canada. Do your job. Tech is great, but it is not a replacement for actually doing your job. And once you've moved a candidate into the process, no matter how far, you have taken their time and effort and you should feel obligated to respond. This type of unprofessional behaviour is far too common.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself and the other typical interview questions. Nothing challenging or unique about it.
1 person found this interview helpful

Canadian Tire

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview

There was a phone screening call with a recruiter, followed by two rounds of in-person interviews. The first interview was panel style with my direct manager and an HR person, the second was a one-on-one interview with someone more senior. I was impressed with how quickly they responded. Good communication from the HR department, and a fairly straightforward process.

Interview Questions
  • Give us an example of a difficult situation you dealt with in your role, and how you addressed it.

Canadian Tire

Application

I interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview

Interview process was ok. But was asked to do a presentation on a current business situation. How you would fix it. Typically you shouldn’t be asked to present on a current business challenge. It felt like consulting work. After presenting. No follow up no feedback.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think is the biggest challenge in e-commerce today?

Canadian Tire

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview

applied online first, and will receive a email to answer a few screen questions, and then get the interview invitation, and then confirm the date and time, then the first interview will be a phone interview

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years/ What are your long term goal

Canadian Tire

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview

Interview itself was easy and quick, asked me questions about availability and work experience. Got the job but the hiring process took a while (3 weeks) and managers were rude.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Canadian Tire

Application

I interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview

I gave interview to two people, one was asking questions, and the other was writing down points/observation. They observe your body language and how you answer questions. The hiring process is pretty straightforward, you might be asked to give pre recorded interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something about yourself? Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult situation.

Canadian Tire

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview

2 round of interview. Friendly interviewer, with managers and VP. Interviews are mostly behavioral questions, plus focus on your experiences. They tend to inform interviewee results within two weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you made mistakes and how did you encounter it

Canadian Tire

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview

Online video interview screening process featuring simple behavioral questions. You can re-record your answers up to three times so if you mess up you can try again. You can also stop and save your progress.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 391 Interviews