Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 4 Mar 2019

2.8

Sort:

Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweeny, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Sweeny, TX (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was an interview with 2 HR reps, a several lab supervisors, and I believe an executive. They all asked general past experience questions. I was not expecting a panel interview and was very nervous. I feel they could've let me know what to expect, but I guess fair is "just a place we take the kids in the fall." They were all nice, but I felt like none of them wanted to be there.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in October 2016.

Interview

Brief 30 minute in-person interview and a followup phone interview. The in-person interview was very behavior based and there were a lot of questions about how I handle situations at work. Be thinking beforehand about times when you've struggled professionally and how you have overcome professional challenges. Also make sure you have basic knowledge of the company's history and what Chevron Phillips Chemical does.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions like "give me an example of a time when you..."

The phone interview was mainly just asking me about my experience and going over my resume   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at my university. They interviewed multiple of us but also didn't hide the fact that they did. Pretty easy experience as the interviewer themselves were not too experienced.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Champaign, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair, called me that night to schedule an interview the next day. Was 30 minutes with an engineer analyst from the plant I'd be working at. Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you deviated from established practices to create something better?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview

Were two parts of interview, was a hour in total. Lots of behavioral questions that were quite difficult. Didn't understand the purpose of doing two 30 minute interviews, would have been more efficient to have one session.

Interview Questions

• Are you efficient with using Excel?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview

I went to my school's engineering career fair at which point I spoke to a representative from Chevron Phillips. The following night, I received a phone call from a company rep asking if I'd like to interview with CPChem the following day. I interviewed with two people from the company whom I did not see at the career fair--both of them were fairly recent graduates of my university. The interview had a very relaxed atmosphere and the interviewers were very encouraging when I asked for a few moments to think about a question. Overall, very positive interviewing experience. Am hoping to hear back from them for the second round!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you noticed a safety risk and how did you rectify it   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied for an internship at their headquarters in The Woodlands, TX. The process lasted about 2 months from my initial interview to signing the letter, with a total of 3 interviews (2 phone and one at my school in-person). Most questions were centered around behavior questions or personality questions. The overall experience was very positive and everyone I met was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a group project and not everyone participated? How did you handle it?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2015.

Interview

I went to a career fair, got the call on the same day for an interview the next day. The people were very nice and professional. I had a panel interview. I'm still in the process of waiting. That said it would take 2-3 weeks after the interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

-Based solely on the interviewer
    -First time I interviewed the interviewer purposefully asked me extremely difficult and irrelevant questions, I did not receive offer
    -Second time (with different interviewer) the interview was fair and asked relevant questions regarding experience and real life scenarios, I received an offer
    -Behavioral interview
    -Tell about a time when ...
    -What would you do if ...
    -What are your thoughts about ...
    - Why did you choose ...

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (The Woodlands, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Many redundant
    questions and one stressful and long day interview with a panel of the inadequate people whom are Biast and already have their mind set on whom they will hire. The overall experience was terrible

Interview Questions

• why should CPCHEM hire you?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.