Code and Theory Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Code and Theory

2.9

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Ask technicals about python java and google apps script. Be sure you know how to use excel and how to code using a hacker rank because they will test you on your programming skills in excel for writing scripts and automating sheets

Interview Questions

• How can you automate a file in excel using google apps scriot   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

4 person interview with a verbal tech challenge to solve/talk through. Rude CTO who barely looked me in the eye and only took notes on his laptop instead of engaging in a thoughtful conversation. Never heard any followup but felt enough red flags that this agency was an automatic pass.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Not fantastic. Everyone is friendly and nice, but I never got a follow up to say whether or not I was still being considered for the role (even after I sent an email). I got asked really non-relevant technical questions by the CTO, the interviews ran over and I only had 15 minutes with some of the interviewers, and some of the interviewers were unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• If I told you to find me a React Native developer by next week, what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted on Linkedin by a Director after being recommended by a current employee, and had an informational interview to hear more about the role. I then had several rounds of phone interviews before being asked to come on-site. The onsite interview was 4 rounds of 30minute interviews with team members and department heads. I received an offer about a week later. Overall it was a great experience, especially due to the Director of Talent, who was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process, and very transparent with everything as well as advocating for me internally.

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory.

Interview

Got stood up 4 times by the interviewer, when she finally did make it for our interview (a call), she called 17 minutes late for a 30 min call and said she had to keep our finish time.

I’d heard they were unprofessional and kind of rude but this was next level. The interviewer was pretty green, clearly hadn’t reviewed my resume and asked generic questions. She was apologetic but totally unprepared, I never received a job description so wasn’t clear on what the differences were from C&T and other strategy roles. It was a waste of time.

I halted the interview process and let them know it wasn’t a fit.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Red flags. Quick...too quick. Got an email from HR about an open position. They wanted me to come in for one interview and mentioned that there were nothing else in the process. Went in and it seemed disorganized as HR was scrambling to find the people who would interview me. Interviewed with 3 people individually who would be working above me. HR comes in afterwards and offers the position on the spot and tells me to think about it. Next business day I reach out asking for more information since the interview was vague - no job description and the team was still figuring out where they wanted me to go and do. In the interview, it was mentioned that I'd most likely be working on this specific account and I was excited. Starting a few weeks later, I was put on a different account working on different marketing efforts and still no written job description/expectations. HR was not open to negotiation and by bringing it up they didn't answer my phone call and actually rescinded the offer by email, until I replied telling them I was trying to reach them to accept. Another red flag as HR is the first representation of a company...

Interview Questions

• What is your salary requirement?   2 Answers

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Too many questions, nice and smart people. Lasted way too long. There was definitely a good cop bad cop scenario going on. Overall the interview went good for both sides.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was nice, they gave me water. They have nice artwork in the reception area, and candy to eat. They had a room for me to sit in, and the temperature was perfect in that room.

Interview Questions

• "Where did you go to college?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate. I've heard from coworkers that the negotiation process can be good, if you are the right person.

Mid Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

This is a very busy environment so if there are changes or people interviewing you that you might not have known about - don't be surprised.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite ads running now and why? What other agencies do you admire?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a fair offer.

Director of Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

The Partners, Founders and everyone I met with was very thorough and had great questions.
    Everyone was open, honest and prepared to answer any question I had, regardless of the difficulty.
    I was hired to start the recruitment division so my process was different than what people might experience now. The current recruitment team is excellent, responsive and give feedback regardless of the interview outcome. An overall great experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.