Columbia Bank (NJ) Interview Questions

Updated 13 Jan 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 9 interviews

Interviews at Columbia Bank (NJ)

Positive67%
Negative22%
Neutral11%
In Person33%
Applied online33%
Recruiter11%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Columbia Bank (NJ)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fair Lawn, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (NJ) (Fair Lawn, NJ)

Interview

Long, about 3 months. They don't give much feedback during the process because they are interviewing for other people. Would have liked to know that I didn't get the position instead of ghosting candidates.

Interview Questions
  • What was a lesson someone taught you?
    Answer Question

Columbia Bank (NJ)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (NJ) in May 2017

Interview

Process consisted of a phone screening, a phone interview, an in-person interview, and a final interview. The whole process is predicated upon learning who you are as an individual. The people at CB are very personable, and I enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Columbia Bank (NJ)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (NJ) in Apr 2017

Interview

Applied and a couple of days later was contacted to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was set up on a specific day and time and the HR person was supposed to call me. We'll I never received a call. A couple of days later I decided to call the bank to see why they never called. Luckily the HR person that was suppose to call me answered the phone. She told me she forgot to set up my appointment in her computer and that HQ offices had an issue or something. She conducted the phone interview on the spot and said she would forward my interview to the hiring manager and that I should hear something in the upcoming week. I never heard anything. I decided to look up the person on LinkedIn and connected with her. I sent her a message reiterating my interest and thanking her. I also asked for an update on the status of my application. Its been 2 weeks and nothing. I'm guessing I wasn't chosen. Its unfortunate because I really thought I was a good fit for this position and program.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (NJ) (Fair Lawn, NJ) in Mar 2017

Interview

Completed a phone call evaluation, then they scheduled an on-site interview. Interview consisted of 3 people and lasted 45 minutes and mostly behavioral. Got the offer within a week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (NJ) (Fair Lawn, NJ) in May 2016

Interview

Brief, one interview. I was mostly asked about my past experiences in work settings and what my skills were. It was personal and also focused very much on my communication skills and preferences.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (NJ) (Mount Laurel, NJ) in Apr 2015

Interview

Interview was pretty easy took about 5 minutes.. Tell about a time when you dealt with someone difficult? They told me about the position and the days I would be required to work and explained the training process

Interview Questions
  • Tell about a time when you dealt with someone difficult

Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (NJ) (Fair Lawn, NJ) in Apr 2015

Interview

I was called for a phone interview first and was asked to briefly discuss my skills and interest in the job. Once I was called in for an interview I met with the manager and some members of the HR team.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you were in a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (NJ) (Paterson, NJ) in Dec 2014

Interview

It was completely stupid and anyone should be able to get this job. They usually only hire women and younge people. Also they will waste you time with meaningless questions and pretend to be sweet but they're evil.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Angel, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (NJ) (Mount Angel, OR) in Sep 2013

Interview

Communication was great from the start, the district manager came out and took me out to lunch when I happened to be in town, the pre-interview helped outline what the branch needed and the general direction they wanted to head. I was then called in for an in-person interview and asked to write a business plan in just two days. The interview was with the district manager, regional manager and the regional sales and service officer. The interview lasted for three hours and was originally slated for 30min. The answer of a yes or no got back to me within two weeks. Unfortunately it was a no, however I would love to work for this retail group.

Interview Questions
  • What does the quote say on the wall behind you(with out looking)
1 person found this interview helpful