Compass Group USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Compass Group USA Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass Group USA

2.5

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rye Brook, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Rye Brook, NY (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

3 step process - all positions are temp to hire 3 months. Interview with attorneys and then with VP. After interviews there is a test for skills in MS office and Adobe.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how I would handle workload in certain situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Received a letter via email

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristow, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Bristow, VA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

fairly lengthy, the background check took 6 weeks. other than that it was pretty standard. they didn't require a drug test, which I thought was odd considering it was located in a school.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

2 tests to take - accounting and online personality assessment
    phone interview with temp agency
    in person interview - behavioral than technical questions. be specific. the accounting manager and supervisor are looking for long and thorough answers

was hired a few hours after. got directly hired instead of through a temp agency! received offer letter within the next week. they were in a hurry to hire a new batch before holidays

Associate Accountant Interview

Interview

First step is an accounting and Excel test, which if passed the next step is an online assessment. That should take 1 1/2 hours but, really lasts longer if you're trying to do well on it. Then there is a face to face interview with two individuals simultaneously. Questions, are mainly behavioural read from preselected questions, and your responses are noted in the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: Tell us the type of excel formulas you've used?   Answer Question

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Obtained and set up through a recruiter. Met with two accounting managers. We glossed over recent experience, describing previous jobs. I was not expected to have much experience. I was asked specifically about Excel skills, and times I have used specific formulas. Behavioral questions were asked about organization, customer service, and other attributes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle specific customer service situations.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you used VLOOKUPS and pivot tables.   Answer Question

Catering Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. Not many questions about how you feel about this or that. Most questions related to job experience. It was a one on one interview and the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• How do feel about working in a position where you have a lot of wait time but cannot check your phone?   1 Answer

Catering Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

Got hired the day after my interview but it took about a week for my background to come back and I am still waiting for a call for my appt. And start date

Interview Questions

• basic questions they just wanted to make sure you are a people person and willing to learn   Answer Question

Catering Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Baltimore, MD (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

I was a student who needed a job, I submitted my application and was told I would most likely be hired because of my experience in food service, and because they were currently hiring. I got a call back a few days later and was asked to come in and talk to the catering director and he basically asked for my availability and offered me the job. It was very laid back and easy.

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Asheville, NC (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

There were four initial interviewing sessions and a cooking demonstration.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how well I handle difficult or demanding people. I thought is was an odd question as it related to the client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would recommend being open and honest about your experience in the industry.

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Baytown, TX (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

After submitting an online application i was chosen by a online recruiter and set up to finish my application and interview acceptance online. Once that was completed i was set up with a 1 on 1 in person meeting with the executive chef for the location. We discussed my background, what the company was looking for and the total outlook of what they were looking for. The executive chef at that time was awesome and a great person to talk to and easy to understand what they wanted and were asking for in a person. Once everything was in the clear i was escorted back to the front and a follow up email was sent.

Interview Questions

• I see that you have a culinary background from your present job, what make you think that this would be an ideal job for you?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have in the culinary field?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked for big numbers when it comes to catering?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to do a bit of negotiation but it was due to what degree i had and what we both thought the work load would be like in the beginning and knowing that after a bit of time raises would come into effect along with any bonus.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.