Compass Group USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Compass Group USA Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass Group USA

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

Quick questions about background. Then an onboarding process for working in the food industry plus required safety training. The process was rather straight forward as long as there were no issues present in the background check. Applying on line was easy and response time was quick.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous food service experience?   3 Answers

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Tulsa, OK (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online as a Compass employee to another sector for the Exec Chef, three phone interviews, scheduled an in-person interview, mystery basket test, and written exam. I had been through this once so it made it easy. All managers I interviewed with were frank but pleasant.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Pleasant, light spirited, professional conversation about job scope and challenges. Two rounds. Phone screening and in-person interview. Process was friendly and fast by comparison to other companies. I highly recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolve around skill set matching specialized software and your tech savvy capacity to adjust to evolving needs.   1 Answer

Unit Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Springfield, IL (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Did not apply for the position, I was called by the VP and asked to interview. Face to face interview went great and was told he would reach out by the end of the week. 2 weeks later he followed up to say they decided not to fill the position after all. 2nd time I have interviewed with the same person with similar results, very slow to do anything.

Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA in April 2019.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me via social media. I had a phone screening a week later with the recruiter. Two weeks had gone by and hadnt heard anything. At the end of that week, the recruiter contacted me the day before for an all day panel interview. I couldnt do that with such short notice and without prior planning. A week later, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I thought the interview went well. I reached out to the recruiter a week later for any feedback or next steps, havent heard from them at all. Radio silent. Very poor follow-up with very inconsistent communication. I always had good experiences with Compass as a whole but not in this case. Left a very bad impression of the organization.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Got a in person interview after a call from HR. The in person interview consisted of two managers taking turns asking questions. Overall super easy. Asked basic questions on my resume and took a basic accounting exam.

Compensation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I sent in my application and was contacted by email to set up an phone interview. Due to some situations that had come up, the phone interview had to be rescheduled for the following day.

I was scheduled for a second phone interview with the Senior Manager. It went well (at least I thought). I sent an thank you email to the manager. Then, I didn’t hear anything for a week. I emailed the recruiter to see what the status is. No response. Then, the following week, I received the “thank you for applying” email.

I really wish that the recruiter would have told me that they decided to go in another direction versus sending the email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.

Why are you looking to move?   Answer Question

Unit Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

It consisted of a total of 3 interviews. The first one was a phone call, which was the easiest. The second one was a recording interview where you have 30 seconds to think of an answer and record yourself. The third interview was an in person interview.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

temp agency interview, online personality assessment, accounting interview at company. Nice people along the way. Seemed to want me to succeed. Compass is a large organization that has a lot of different paths to take.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Vancouver, WA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Participated in a phone interview with a screener who had a preset list of questions for me. She was personable, and said I'd hear back from them the following week since they were looking to fill the position quickly. We discussed salary and I told her where I was at, she said she felt it wouldn't be an issue. They've since re-posted the position with a salary range starting at $30k less than what I make. If you advertise for a Marketing Manager and expect to pay a $39k starting salary, you're going to get what you pay for. Best of luck. You clearly don't value your marketing personnel.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.